Page 182 of 353 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 192 232 282 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,460 of 10575

Thread: What Are You Listening to?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The Abbath record is great, but I'm waiting for the upcoming Demonaz/Horgh album. I think it'll destroy Abbath's album, judging by Demonaz's solo record.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    MY DAD'S NOT A PHONE!

pretty damn good verses for commercial hip hop. Em's a legend and Big Sean can spit when he wants to.

I think their material now is more pissed off than before they broke up

Sabbath's final show had me checking out their setlist, and they played the killer main riff from this in a medley at least. Everything else was the standard setlist they've done for the past few years.

opening for Code Orange Kids Wednesday. Noisy "industrial", I guess.

Some good techno, house, future house & bass house I got exposed to on Holy Ship:

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    finally signed up for spotify (my best friend expanded her premium to a family plan) and i've already gotten a lot of use out of it.

things i've discovered/listened to in the last couple days:

Pallbearer is fucking FANTASTIC and so up my alley
    Dorthia Cottrell's solo album (she's the vocalist from Windhand) is so gorgeous; i don't usually like acoustic & vocals albums, but it really works
    The Dale Cooper Quartet is like if Bohren & Der Club Of Gore collaborated with Ben Frost & David Sylvian
    El Matos' score for Turbo Kid (which was the best part of the movie)
    Kowloon Walled City - can't believe i hadn't heard them before, SO GOOD

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

trippy

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Massive Attack - Mezzanine (track)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Is anyone here into The Brian Jonestown Massacre? I just finished Methodrone and was wondering what else I should listen to.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Hand That Feeds (DFA Remix). Good background music for working

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The knife. Silent shout

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I listen to them but am not super familiar with their entire discography.I would suggest listening to a streaming station based on them and you will go down a rabbit hole of 'Psych' rock. The black angels, BRMC, Dead meadow..etc one of my favorite types of music

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Macbeth View Post
    Is anyone here into The Brian Jonestown Massacre? I just finished Methodrone and was wondering what else I should listen to.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Mac Quayle's score for Mr. Robot. Once you get past the uncanniness factor, it's actually excellent.
    please elaborate w/r/t uncanniness

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Have you heard any of it?
    All of it i suppose as i've intently watched every episode.
    So are we talking about how it uncannily sounds like it was made by trent and atticus? or like, how part of it blatantly rips off an HTDA song?

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    i've just discovered The Horrors.

i love it. it sounds like it's from the 80s.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Still prefer Dio over Ozzy.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i've just discovered The Horrors.

i love it. it sounds like it's from the 80s.
    which album? because their first album, "Strange House" sounds like it's from the 60s (and was produced by Chris Cunningham, the same guy who directed several Aphex Twin videos). their third album, "Skying" sounds like it's from a different part of the 60s. "Primary Colours" definitely sounds 80s, and "Luminous" sounds kinda 70s, to me. they're all over the map, but i like everything they've done. don't know if they'll be able to top the first two albums, though. actually discovered them because trent posted something on the main page of nin.com a few years back about Primary Colours and i fell in love with it.

meanwhile, i've fallen down a spotify hole. i just keep finding more and more beautiful/heavy music with female vocalists.
    right now i'm really into Sub Rosa.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Yessssssss *hissssssss*

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This little obsecure band I doubt you've ever heard of, it's called Nine Inch Nails

Jokes aside, I also been listening to Andrew W.K, dwelved more into his discography past Get Wet and I found some interesting stuff, did you know Andrew W.K made a song about suicide?

I also been listening to some stuff from my childhood, Farmer Boys, those guys are barely known.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2e...the-pain_music

My parents kept plaing this video clip to me, it feels incredibly nostalgic and I still like it looking past the nostalgia.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom EP. Songs are awesome... except for Paradise...which is way too bubblegum sweet.

Best songs are Vroom Vroom and Secret.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Great cover album. The Maiden covers are the better than the Judas Priest ones. However the Night Crawler cover is awesome shit.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    which album? because their first album, "Strange House" sounds like it's from the 60s (and was produced by Chris Cunningham, the same guy who directed several Aphex Twin videos). their third album, "Skying" sounds like it's from a different part of the 60s. "Primary Colours" definitely sounds 80s, and "Luminous" sounds kinda 70s, to me. they're all over the map, but i like everything they've done. don't know if they'll be able to top the first two albums, though. actually discovered them because trent posted something on the main page of nin.com a few years back about Primary Colours and i fell in love with it.

meanwhile, i've fallen down a spotify hole. i just keep finding more and more beautiful/heavy music with female vocalists.
    right now i'm really into Sub Rosa.
    i'm not really sure. I mean i JUST discovered it, from the same place you did (well, Trent's youtube channel) and thought it was fucking gorgeous.
    Then i just let youtube play more of the videos for a couple of hours.

Some of it is definitely harder than the rest and i can see the 60's and 70's, but to me, all of it that i heard sounds like it could have come from the eighties, albiet from different bands. Like some of it reminds me of Echo and the Bunnymen or something and some of it reminds me of the heavier side of Joy Division.

That first track i heard though, i was thinking "why didn't i fucking think of that?"

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i'm not really sure. I mean i JUST discovered it, from the same place you did (well, Trent's youtube channel) and thought it was fucking gorgeous.
    Then i just let youtube play more of the videos for a couple of hours.

Some of it is definitely harder than the rest and i can see the 60's and 70's, but to me, all of it that i heard sounds like it could have come from the eighties, albiet from different bands. Like some of it reminds me of Echo and the Bunnymen or something and some of it reminds me of the heavier side of Joy Division.

That first track i heard though, i was thinking "why didn't i fucking think of that?"
    ah, i'm definitely an album person. i don't like doing things on shuffle (unless it's an entire genre, i.e. i put on the "funk" radio section of spotify tonight while making dinner and it was perfect).

today i listened to two albums by Zombi, Steve Moore's band (he did the score for The Guest & Cub, among other recent films). really good synthy-proggy-retro-sounding stuff, with incredible drumming from his musical partner.

also finally listened to Phantasmagore, the 2006 follow up to Deadsy's fantastic 1999 album Commencement...it was a bit disappointing. my wife and i both agreed it sounded way more like Orgy than Deadsy, but without the flair of either band during their heyday. oh well.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Joy Division essentials playlist on Apple Music - I really like NINs version of Dead Souls but never listened to the original til now. Likes what I heard so now I just got the playlist going and I'm liking what I hear so far.

Also the Smashing Pumpkins version of Transmission does not remotely resemble the original at all.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

It's only been a scant few years, five or six, since I really delved deep into The Cure's discography beyond Disintegration. I've loved (almost) everything through the catalogue. But Faith?

It's a wonderful feeling when an album you discover well past your formative years really speaks to you, moves you, and manages to become one of the rare "important albums" in your life.

You need to watch your intake with this; it's powerful stuff. I'm simultaneously relieved and miffed I didn't discover this album as a weepy teenager...it's music for a rainy day, music for mourning, music for wondering why or, if you're in a bad enough mood, as the critics once said of it, "music to hang yourself by". It's paced just right, doesn't overstay its welcome. Only long enough to move you, to suggest, to wound a little, and then it's on its way.

There really is no other album quite like this one. From anyone.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Happy Valentine's Day assholes....