Page 329 of 330 FirstFirst ... 229 279 319 327 328 329 330 LastLast
Results 9,841 to 9,870 of 9882

Thread: What Are You Listening to?

  1. #9841
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,456
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

  2. #9842
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brbr Deng
    Posts
    2,399
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

  3. #9843
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

  4. #9844
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    8,069
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [parasite] View Post
    love this album!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Omg dude.
    My mom was OBSESSED with this album from like 87-88 (when she was about 30,) so I heard it CONSTANTLY.
    It's REALLY badass. It's their Violator, or Joshua Tree.

    I'll never forget though: she crashed the car while driving me and my brother, playing their 1990 album, X. And the wreck was kind of PRETTY rough.

    She'd just dyed her hair blonde. And we sat there for like 30 second, and then Suicide Blonde came on. : p

    But hell yes, those two albums are incredible.

  5. #9845
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,109
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    It's REALLY badass. It's their Violator, or Joshua Tree.
    Totally. And Welcome To Wherever You Are is like their SOFAD/Achtung Baby.

  6. #9846
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,456
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

  7. #9847
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

  8. #9848
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

  9. #9849
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    6,171
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)


    very strange to see something like this on what is usually a milquetoast platform - late night television. Good on whomever is doing the booking for Seth.

  10. #9850
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

  11. #9851
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    6,171
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    You know, that sure looks like one of those posts someone makes after hacking an account. I mean comparing that to every other artist I've seen you post? Literally the first thing I thought of.

  12. #9852
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Just have a wide variety of musical interest, from Satanic Black Metal to Pop? Rock. What can I say...

  13. #9853
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,076
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    It says Video Unavailable for me. What song is it?

    Meanwhile,


  14. #9854
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,768
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post


    very strange to see something like this on what is usually a milquetoast platform - late night television. Good on whomever is doing the booking for Seth.
    This was just such a nice thing to see. Very rarely does the hardcore community universally agree on something, but pretty much everyone loves the new Turnstile record, everyone acknowledges they're all great dudes & they aren't straying from the scene at all despite all this success. Yes no one cares about late night TV like they used to, but this still feels like a win for hardcore, which doesn't really happen at this level...ever.

  15. #9855
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,109
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

  16. #9856
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,352
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)


    This album i just got on CD, it's Sam Witwer's (of Star Wars and video game fame) own band The Crashtones. His second album "Revenge of the Crashtones", it came out in 2019 but i wanted to finally own a physical copy.

    I've got the first album Colorful of the Stereo from like 2006 on the way as well, there was 13 years between these albums but the quality is super consistent.

    Look up his music if you're after an awesome blend of RHCP, Faith No More and Incubus.

  17. #9857
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

  18. #9858
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    490
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

  19. #9859
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    6,171
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post


    This album i just got on CD, it's Sam Witwer's (of Star Wars and video game fame) own band The Crashtones. His second album "Revenge of the Crashtones", it came out in 2019 but i wanted to finally own a physical copy.

    I've got the first album Colorful of the Stereo from like 2006 on the way as well, there was 13 years between these albums but the quality is super consistent.

    Look up his music if you're after an awesome blend of RHCP, Faith No More and Incubus.


    What genre is this record? We don't know. If we're doing our job, you don't know.

    Then nobody knows.
    Cool, they still have some cassettes on the bandcamp.
    Last edited by allegate; 12-26-2021 at 12:20 AM.

  20. #9860
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,352
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Hahaha yeah, these are such 90s alt-rock inspired albums with lots of experimental funky bits, so those are the bands that immediately come to mind.
    @allegate The cassette version would have been a nice keepsake to get, there's supposed to be an exclusive mix of the album there too with little differences that I'd be curious to hear.

  21. #9861
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    6,171
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Hahaha yeah, these are such 90s alt-rock inspired albums with lots of experimental funky bits, so those are the bands that immediately come to mind.
    @allegate The cassette version would have been a nice keepsake to get, there's supposed to be an exclusive mix of the album there too with little differences that I'd be curious to hear.
    https://thecrashtones.bandcamp.com/a...the-crashtones
    This is the new Cassette Edition of Revenge of the Crashtones! If this is your format of choice, you get something cool. Revenge of the Crashtones has been messed with. Some changes you won't notice. A few, you will. This is a unique release of Revenge of the Crashtones.
    There's at least one more copy available as it's still in the shop.

    Also I laughed halfway through the very first song as I was getting RHCP / Incubus / Mike Patton vibes immediately.
    Last edited by allegate; 12-26-2021 at 06:40 PM.

  22. #9862
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,535
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I'll never forget though: she crashed the car while driving me and my brother, playing their 1990 album, X. And the wreck was kind of PRETTY rough.
    LOL... the worst car wreck I was in was while my mom was driving our high school carpool home, and I was playing Heresy off The Downward Spiral.... and I can vividly remember the moment.. "GOD IS DEAD, and NO ONE CARES" and then holy shit, the most intense physical experience ever. The guy behind us just rear ended us at probably about 40 mph.

  23. #9863
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,456
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

  24. #9864
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,456
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

  25. #9865
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,456
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

  26. #9866
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,456
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

  27. #9867
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    5,760
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)

  28. #9868
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    3,893
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

  29. #9869
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    6,171
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    https://helpifuckingneedit.bandcamp.com/album/help-2



    Local Portland punk band. there's a Green River vibe to the album but without Mark's vocal, ah, stylings.

    Also apparently ex Portugal. The Man member on vocals, but then I guess that makes some backwards kind of sense with the local roots.

  30. #9870
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I’ve really been enjoying KFlay, which was unexpected but welcome...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions