Page 297 of 352 FirstFirst ... 197 247 287 295 296 297 298 299 307 347 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,910 of 10560

Thread: What Are You Listening to?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Love this song so much.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

The stereo sound tricks on this are so fun.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I used this one my first "real" mixtape...

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Črno Klank - État Des Lieux. Some pretty cool and diverse noise music in here, some with lots of tribal drums and others in your usual zone-out noise wall territory, sort of like Merzbow meets Z'EV. Bandcamp.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    was recently introduced to Avatar. wow.

saw one of the live videos and it's almost like an updated version of Marilyn Manson.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    was recently introduced to Avatar. wow.

saw one of the live videos and it's almost like an updated version of Marilyn Manson.

Love them instantly. I heard Silence in the Age of Apes on Sirius XM Liquid Metal and was blown way. Can't wait for Hunter Gatherer.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Thursday appreciation day.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Thursday appreciation day.
    but it was monday when you posted this

i still need to check out their later stuff. i love everything up through "a city by the light divided" and i think the last thing i bought was "kill the house lights" and i never actually watched the DVD in the set.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

i still need to check out their later stuff. i love everything up through "a city by the light divided" and i think the last thing i bought was "kill the house lights" and i never actually watched the DVD in the set.

Definitely check out their later material. ACBTLD and after are my favorite Thursday material and really shows how the band transformed into a more mature beast. Common Existence is pretty aggressive from what I rememeber (It really has been awhile) and No Devolucion is very atmospheric.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

Really surprised you never checked out the Thursday/envy split

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    That crazy dude CX KiDTRONiK (Saul Williams, Atari Teenage Riot) is at it again with the first full LP of his punk band, Sewer Rats BK. It sounds like his usual assault-on-senses stuff on his Krak Attack albums, but here he's also playing guitar and Don McKenzie joins him on drums. Play it loud and destroy your ears!

https://sewerratsbk.bandcamp.com/album/rats-attack

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Really surprised you never checked out the Thursday/envy split
    Fuck, I forgot alllll about that EP! Surprised it is only going for around 50 bucks for the vinyl package for them being extremely limited. There was also a limited run of cassettes of 500 that I had no idea about.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Been on a Pailhead/Ministry/RevCo kick and I really wish there was more PH material

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    currently Monument EP by @eversonpoe , previously was listening to Convergence by the same. Up next is This is My Design.

Slowly going through the mountain of music I've purchased from them on bandcamp.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    currently Monument EP by @eversonpoe, previously was listening to Convergence by the same. Up next is This is My Design.

Slowly going through the mountain of music I've purchased from them on bandcamp.
    <3 <3 <3

just a warning, "this is my design" has dialogue samples and, thus, MAJOR spoilers for the Hannibal TV series.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Corrections House - Know How to Carry a Whip. If you liked NIN's Bad Witch, give this a shot.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I've been raving about Jaye Jayle (Evan Patterson of Young Widows, Breather Resist and husband/backing band to Emma Ruth Rundle) for a few years now. His new record "Prisyn" (out since last week) is nothing short of amazing, but a great departure in sound compared to his previous outings.

Give it a listen and enjoy! Certainly one of my top 5 records of 2020...

Last edited by dlb; 08-13-2020 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I've bought so much stuff from Sargent House this summer and it's consistently great.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

As per usual with cover albums some of them hew too closely to the original to be anything other than also-ran but there are some good ones. Though to have a band covered on the album and then have that same band performing a cover? ballsy. As far as the ratio of bands I've heard of goes, only two of the performing bands were known to me previously.

You Me At Six performs 30 Seconds to Mars "Kings And Queens". As I mentioned the other day I'm only really cognizant of the band from the songs they had in the Rock Band / Guitar Hero video games. It's OK, but I think I would probably like this version better anyway.

Enter Shikari covers "Chop Suey!" and it starts faithful, breaks into a weird electronic vibe, and then they proceed to put their own spin on it. he best song on the compilation for me, probably helped that the only reason I found out about this is from finding out about the band so I'm a new fan.

Architects cover "Wait And Bleed" from Slipknot. This is the first song that I heard from Slipknot from the Scream 3 soundtrack. Oh those heady days when a soundtrack actually introduced you to bands instead of just promoting up and coming bands. It's not as bombastic as the OG version but still a decent cover, they're pretty good.

Twin Atlantic does passable work for Weezer's "Beverly Hills", definitely safe. Love how prevalent his accent is while singing though, makes the song better.

Neck Deep covers "Juneau" by Funeral For A Friend, who is performing on this comp. It sounds somewhat typical for the genre, doesn't seem to be doing anything new. Then again the original version of the song could be pop punk and they totally changed it up.

Bury Tomorrow does...something...to "Bring Me To Life". Growling vocals on this song is a choice, and I might even come to like it eventually but first blush it is something to get used to.

Lower Than Atlantis performs "Everything Is Alright" by Motion City Soundtrack. Really enjoying this one, though since I don't know either band I can't say if it's because the song is really well written or if it's really well performed. Either way I'm checking out both bands for more.

Funeral For A Friend covers "I Can Climb Mountains" by Hell is for Heroes. Same for this song, and I guess based on this I can make a better-informed guess about whose sound is more prevalent in the Neck Deep cover. Also it sounds like a Pixies song in tone near the end? A very loose sound so only a hint of Pixies.

We Are The Ocean covers "The Pretender" and you know what? If Dave ever loses his voice and cannot tour he's got an option. Wow. The strings added to the song are a good addition, really like their use here.

As It Is covers Paramore's "The Only Exception". Only Paramore I've heard before is the one in Rock Band (or Guitar Hero? after that many games you forget which was where first) and so I'm not familiar with the original. It's a good song though.

The Defiled covers Bring Me the Horizon's "It Never Ends". So is it a Nickelback song in disguise?

Stray From The Path performs the Deftones song "Back To School". Not a Deftones guy, only heard them on the Matrix soundtracks. Like the song after a somewhat rough start but now that I am into it I'm into it.

Hacktivist performs "Rock Superstar" by Cypress Hill. Not a terrible cover, weird to not hear the song with tinny vocals.

Roam covers Nickelback and "Someday". Oh so this is the Nickelback song. At least this time it's on purpose? It sounds somehow better sped up like this?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I've bought so much stuff from Sargent House this summer and it's consistently great.
    Definitely a quality label and a pleasure to work with as a journalist as well. Even the bands that I don't love tend to put out interesting and worthwile stuff on there. Cathy Pellow is doing a great job making this label feel like a huge extended family.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    David Bowie - Something in the Air

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

you have to watch if only for the hair tips.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Ally!