Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Muse...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Showbiz is decent, but my favorite album by them is probably Origin of Symmetry.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    Muse really lost me with that last album. It's not terrible I guess, but it did absolutely nothing for me, so I had no interest seeing them on tour. Besides, I don't want to see them do the same damn setlist they did the last two times I saw them.
    Agree, that album was the last nail in the coffin.

I also agree with all that "Black Holes..." was the beginning of the end for the band.
    "The Resistance" has some good songs with some so-so stuff, i actually liked a lot of songs from "2nd Law" (despite the clearly obvious intent of becoming U2 and some terrible songs in there too), can't stand "Drones" and got really bored with "Simulation Theory", this band used to be something special and got stale really fast...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    there were a couple good songs on "the resistance"
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Are their b sides still strong?
    I love this Resistance era b-side/cover more than anything on Resistance and from their albums afterward...

P.S. HAARP is stellar. Wish they would reissue it in HD or put the whole thing up in HD on YouTube.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Agree, that album was the last nail in the coffin.

I also agree with all that "Black Holes..." was the beginning of the end for the band.
    "The Resistance" has some good songs with some so-so stuff, i actually liked a lot of songs from "2nd Law" (despite the clearly obvious intent of becoming U2 and some terrible songs in there too), can't stand "Drones" and got really bored with "Simulation Theory", this band used to be something special and got stale really fast...
    Totally agree with this. Resistance is okay, has it's high points. 2nd Law has it's share of good songs too. After getting over the initial shock I actually enjoyed Unsustainable. Drones....eh. There are some songs I like but it felt like they were trying way too hard to be Queen in certain spots. And the so called story was laughable. With Simulation Theory I was just done. It feels like they always want to go bigger, which can be good, but in their case it somehow makes their music really stale and uninteresting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Matt Belamy has a solo song out:

I liked it. Kind of nice to hear him without the pompousness of the whole band.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Wow.

That's actually really good. More of that please

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The solo song is pretty good! It reminds of Muse before they got obsessed with synths and vampires.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    On a Muse kick lately. I actually warmed up to their later (e.g. post-Black Holes) albums once I accepted a catchy song is still catchy even without crazy riffs.

Absolution
    BHAR
    OOS
    Showbiz
    Drones
    Resistance
    2nd Law
    Simulation What? (maybe it'll still grow on me a few years later)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Origin of Symmetry
    Absolution
    Showbiz
    Black Holes and Revelations
    2nd Law
    Resistance
    Simulation Bullshit (i still can't get into it...)
    Drones

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I only really ever got into Origin of Symmetry, Showbiz, and, to a lesser extent, Absolution.

Space Dementia is still one of my favorite songs of all time, though. I remember at some point, turning on the new muse video in the late 00s after telling my mom how amazing they were, and she said, "but this...this is just regular alternative rock. I don't get it!"

I, too, was disappoint, and I stopped keeping up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    After their HAARP live album, I found their album hit or miss. Absolution is my face. Simulation Theory was their worst.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    After their HAARP live album, I found their album hit or miss. Absolution is my face. Simulation Theory was their worst.
    that live concert DVD is fucking incredible

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    that live concert DVD is fucking incredible
    Yea, so good. Deserves a Blu-ray reissue.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    HAARP is awesome, probably their highest point, "Hullabaloo" is also great.
    They still put out great shows just like the Rome 2013 show, but the band stopped being interesting after "The Resistance".

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed Drones overall, it has some bad moments but for me it was a solid album and songs like Reapers and The Handler are amongst my favourite Muse songs. But Simulation Theory... eh. I can take it or leave it. Algorithim is a fairly decent opener though.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Hmm. Matt Bellamy Cryosleep 12" out July 16/17 for RSD

www.nme.com/news/music/muses-matt-bellamy-to-release-cryosleep-a-collection-of-solo-recordings-on-record-store-day-2916493

SIDE A
    ‘Unintended (Acoustic)’
    ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water’
    ‘Behold, The Glove’
    ‘Take A Bow (Four Hands Piano)’
    ‘Pray’

SIDE B
    ‘Tomorrow’s World’
    ‘Guiding Light (On Jeff’s Guitar)’
    ‘Simulation Theory Theme (Instrumental)’
    ‘Fever’
    ‘Unintended (Piano lullaby)’

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Origin of Symmetry XX Anniversary RemiXX with new Rich Costey mixes coming June 18th to digital and on 2xLP July 9th... Futurism is now officially integrated into the album tracklist, among other changes to things buried/muted in the original mixes like harpsichord in Micro Cuts and Abbey Road recorded strings on Citizen Erased, Megalomania and Space Dementia.

Also some 2022 dates popping up.
    June 9 - Nova Rock Festival, Austria
    July 3 - Les Eurockeennes de Belfast, France

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    OK, this is my last side project multicam release before I get back to NIN, I swear.

I've only seen Muse live once, and it was this show on Drones tour. Also the only time I've seen any band playing 'in the circle' and it worked pretty goddamn well.
    You can hate the new albums all you want, but their shows still fucking deliver. And their stage production is done by Moment Factory, which you may know from this other band popular on this board

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    That tour ruled, and the Drones record had a few good songs for sure.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Has anyone listened to the re-mixed and remastered Origin of Symmetry yet? I think it sounds incredible! So crisp and lively.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wight rabbit View Post
    Has anyone listened to the re-mixed and remastered Origin of Symmetry yet? I think it sounds incredible! So crisp and lively.
    It's pretty damn awesome. There are a few headscratcher moments for me that make me go why (like Matts voice volume dipping in the climax bridge thingy in Feeling Good) but overall it's given me a new appreciation for the songs on the album I already loved and some that I had overlooked in the past like Megalomania. The new mix of Darkshines is brutal too. In a good way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I skimmed through and found some awesome moments. Need to give it a proper play. Pretty amazing how much was buried.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The new mix of Micro Cuts is incredible!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Muse is back and with a rather heavy tone. I did not expect them to "add violence" to their sound after moving away from their heavier works during the last two albums.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yes, the heavier sound was surprising. Love the metal tinged breakdowns.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Loved the video, i'm still processing the song...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Muse...

If “The Beautiful People” had sex with “Summertime Blues,” in the style of Green Day, “Will of the People” would be its ugly baby.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah, no. I'll pass on this one.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Solid live band to this day, but musically they lost their fucking minds straight after BHAR, and not in a good way.