Thread: Muse...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Muse...

...go wub

.. oh.. dear..

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    And here I was hoping they were done with the pseudo-intellectual political commentary bullshit... It did not in any way heighten the experience of listening to The Resistance though the album itself wasn't too interesting either tbh.

"Lets expand on that shitty concept we used on our last turd of an album by adding some sweet and lovely dubstep! Fuckin' genuises we are"
    Last edited by RocketScience; 06-06-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Everything Muse has ever done is great. This record will be no different. I'll never understand why bands in the U.K. are held to such unrealistic standards. A band like The Black Keys literally has zero media pressure to produce good records. If their new single comes out and isn't very good, most people will just say it's mediocre and move on. Yet Muse comes out with a stupid teaser and the internet blows up with negativity and immediate judgement. People should appreciate having such an incredible band around to entertain them instead of constantly complaining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not happy with the dub in the commercial because I can't stand dubstep in general. Right now I'm a little put off on that and also going with the same concept from The Resistance (which I was hoping was over and this would be a new era). I'm not bashing until I hear the first single or album in full, because The Resistance grew on me more after hearing the songs live, but right now I'm more confused than anything.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Muse sucks now. The Resistance was terrible. Dubstep Muse will be even worse. This band went from being really cool, to all of a sudden trying to only appeal to 13 year old boys and college Bros.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah Muse has gone downhill on their last couple of albums... last good one was "Absolution" with "Blackholes..." was hit or miss and I didn't really like "The Resistance."
    I think this little dubstep thing is kinda cool, doubt Muse will go dubstep on the next album.
    i think they're just having a laugh by throwing fans a curve ball and this is a good way to throw people off and not know what to expect with the next album.
    though i do wish they go a little heavier... Stockholm Syndrome is my favorite track by them.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Muse with Dubstep?

Garbage, utter garbage.

I didn't hate The Resistance either....

was it as good as older albums though? No...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Muse: 1999-2006.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Crappy band on disk, and one of the WORST live bands i've ever seen. Pretentious douche-bags during their live shows. 6 albums in now, I bet they'll still be playing no more than 16-18 songs live during their Arena tours.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Muse: 1999-2006.
    2001-2001

(ten chars)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the whole dubstep thing's just a joke. Sooner or later they ought to announce that they were playing a prank all along.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Good band who makes cheesy music I rather not listen to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They really had something special. A lot of fans (including myself) want them to throwback to Origins. Maybe it's best they go this route. They cannot remake their albums from yesteryear ad infinitum. Then they would get lost in the shuffle, and become a nostalgia act.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tommygunn View Post
    I don't understand how any serious artist in 2012 can think adding dubstep to their music is a GOOD idea.

I don't care if it's on remixes, but on main album tracks, absolutely disgraceful.
    I think I realized recently that the Dubstep craze is at an absolute all time low, when I noticed that Korn had not only put out a dub step album apparently, but that they are going on tour, and their opening bands are, you guessed it, dub step DJs.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Funny how some people are throwing their toys out of the pram over a trailer, I will hold fire until I hear the whole album.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Strange how hostile you guys are about a new form of electronic music... while typing on a NIN board...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Strange how hostile you guys are about a new form of electronic music... while typing on a NIN board...
    Because it's because NIN doesn't sound like dub step, and Trent is an musician who can write more than just wobbling bass?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i dunno, im excited. while dubstep is kinda lame, i think it was pretty cool matt was making the sounds with his guitar. i thought it was a great teaser. orgins in by far the best thing theyve ever done but i like all the albums.

lol at all you who think this is gonna be a dubstep album. 50 bucks says its just this track. meh... time will tell.

these guys put on one hell of a show cant wait to see the tour. ive seen one show from each album since orgins (minus the resistance tour) and i have yet to be disapointed. matts voice is something to experience live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I must admit, making dubstep with guitars is an interesting and somewhat unique idea...

...and that's all the positivity I can manage here. I'm sad.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    It can't be that hard. Just need a whammy bar and some guitar pedals.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    ^ I'm pretty sure Tom Morello did all that on Evil Empire.

interest has been waning for me since Black Holes... even if the album was more of that + the odd wub I think they are still stuck in the stadium rock / grandiose mould. No doubt Matt's a terrific guitar player, and can still churn out a riff or two, and they are still great live, but yeah, its probably just another album, about resisting... something?... because the world is .. bad?... and there might be something in... space?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^lol dont forget memories

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    If a rock band were to be able to incorporate dubstep into their sound and make it sound not like shit it would be Muse. That said, they're a little late to the party and it just makes it seem like they're jumping on trends to stay relevant.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    It can't be that hard. Just need a whammy bar and some guitar pedals.
    Matt actually has a KaossPad built right into his guitar to control a metric fuckton of parameters right there with a brush of his hand. I'm actually very very interested to see how he's pulling this off.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Matt actually has a KaossPad built right into his guitar to control a metric fuckton of parameters right there with a brush of his hand. I'm actually very very interested to see how he's pulling this off.
    And he has a kitara now that he's started using for this record.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSoldier333 View Post
    Crappy band on disk, and one of the WORST live bands i've ever seen. Pretentious douche-bags during their live shows. 6 albums in now, I bet they'll still be playing no more than 16-18 songs live during their Arena tours.
    Have you even seen the band live? They put on one hell of a show.......

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I wasn't impressed with the last tour at all.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    well that was horrific.
    i sure hope my wife doesn't listen to this album over and over and over and over and over again...like she did the last one. hahah

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Dont't think i can afford to see them on tour this year, wow their tickets are expensive!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Prices were ridiculous for their last tour. The Resistance had some really good tracks on it, but it was just so over produced and quite boring if you ask me. Every time I went back to the album I would listen to the same tracks and move on. I won't make any opinions until a single is released. Black Holes will always be one of my favorite albums.

With Dubstep... haters will be haters.