Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Muse...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    the dubstep-y bit seems a bit forced. I like it but it seems like it should be seperate from the rest of the stuff

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I just heard 'Unsustainable' and I think it inspired me to care about the new album. Rad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I jumped off the Muse bandwagon years ago. Matthew seems to be completely wrapped up in his own little world. It's like Year Zero is his reality. For me the biggest problem with the band is that they don't know what subtlety is musically or lyrically. (I must be careful this is a NIN board) There was a time when that didn't matter to me, Origin of Symmetry was their peak for me. Now I just see them as not living up to their talent.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    That track would be a lot better without the textbook dubstep parts. My gut reaction is that they should have done a dubstep side-project or dubstep remix album, rather than make this the new Muse sound. I'm a little embarassed for them: this sounds cheesy to me now, imagine in five years time. This sound is already old hat, played out.
    Skrillex is cool and all, but chasing his coat tails isn't cool at all, especially if you are an elder statesman rock act. When Korn did it was embarassing...this is worse because Muse are supposed to know better somehow. I just get this dirty feeling when bands suddenly jump on the latest bandwagon...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    blast this one live as a little jam or interlude and a little hommage to the dubstep hype, but don't put it on an album and take yourself so seriously by doing so. that song is horrible and in no way innovative at all. and a robotic voice is the last thing I wanted to hear on a Muse album after the horrendous crap that was the resistance. let's see how it works within the flow of the record.

survival on the other hand I liked quite a bit, although it is ultimately to bloated and unstructured. O well, I've too lost it with this band.... Kinda regret having been to some of their shows making this downfall even worse.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I can see experimenting with the dubstep sound, but don't make it the basis of the whole new album to release to the world. Like aggro said, make a remix album or even release it as a downloadable single or something. I said it once, and I'll say it again... Black Holes I will forever love.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Madness officially debuts in a few hours, but it's just leaked (edit: now officially released, here's the official lyric video):

http://<a href="http://www.youtube.c...q9zhpBweDk</a>

I actually quite like it.
    Last edited by slave2thewage; 08-20-2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: vid update

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I like it too. It's not what I was expecting at all

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Lol. After all the shit i've been saying about this band....i really love this song.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Best thing they've put out since BH&R and better than half of that album, imo.
    Last edited by slave2thewage; 08-22-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Madness officially debuts in a few hours, but it's just leaked
    a very U2-ish single with awesome lyrics and of course there's the Queen and Prince reference, i dig!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Wow, kinda surprised how much you guys like this. It's okay, but sounds too much like the recent Stereophonics (esp. beerbottle) to me, I'm acutally waiting for Kelly Jones to take over the lyrics any minute.

I still got hopes for the 2nd law is I just KNOW that they still have it in them. Somehow. And I'm curious about the songs Chris is doing for the album.
    Last edited by dlb; 08-21-2012 at 04:18 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Everyone's been hyping this song up all morning, so I finally listened to it with an open mind. Nope. Still boring and unoriginal. I don't remember U2 ever having wobble bass to any of their songs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I don't remember U2 ever having wobble bass to any of their songs.
    No, but have you ever listened to Pop?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I actually don't mind this Madness track at all... it's far better than Survival and Unsustainable and a plethora of the tracks that were on the last album. I can dig this for sure.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    When I heard the lyrics, I wanted to slap Bellamy across the face and shout "GO AND CALL GAIA ALREADY".

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    i actually like Unsustainable... even if it's dubstep rock. so far the best thing that i heard from this new album

but Madness (uninspired sounding) and Survival (uber-cheesy) are both god awful
    The Resistance was on the top as Muse's worst album... but looks like it's about to be toppled by The 2nd Law at this rate

sure Unsustainable is them jumping on the dubstep bandwagon, but at least it has some edge to it

i loved Muse because their songs could be quite powerful and uplifting
    but it's gone on to full on cheesiness, actually makes me cringe to listen to this

what the hell happened?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Zooropa...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yes, it's my 3rd favorite U2 album, following behind Achtung and Zooropa. Pop had trip-hop and house beats. Not bass wobble dubstep. Just because Matt Belamy throws some jangly guitar chords in the end, doesn't mean it's U2. Regardless of what the media are portraying these new Muse songs as, they still sound super uninspired and boring to me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Yes, it's my 3rd favorite U2 album, following behind Achtung and Zooropa. Pop had trip-hop and house beats. Not bass wobble dubstep. Just because Matt Belamy throws some jangly guitar chords in the end, doesn't mean it's U2. Regardless of what the media are portraying these new Muse songs as, they still sound super uninspired and boring to me.
    I'm a Zooropa guy myself, but Maps of Problematique was described to me as Sunday Bloody Sunday done during that U2 era back in 06. I laughed.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm legitimately thinking of just putting on the songs I liked from The Resistance and what I'll like from this album onto my iPod as an album called "Good Attempt".

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Haha everyone's so mixed about these new songs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i dig em. and thats all i care about. hate all you want guys!

i love this whole "what happened to them" attitude. what happened? they did what every other band in the world does. they evolved. you cant keep the same sound for EVERY new record... no matter how much we want it. see, if they did that, then all the people complaining about how theyre all pop now would complain about how this record sounds EXACTLY LIKE THE LAST ONE. theres no pleasing people. i know id LOVE a new record that resembles orgins, but i know thats not gonna happen. so im grateful for what i get... for what they release. i feel nowadays their new stuff is 50/50, but i focus on the tracks i dig, dont complain about the ones i dont, i just leave those off the ipod. when a band evolves and tweaks with their sound, not everyone is gonna like it.

i love that mans voice. and i love the sound of the band. i cant wait for the new album. im sorry alot of you dont feel the same way, but hey, everybodys taste in music is different. everyone can have an opinion! and to me, this is one of the coolest things about music. opinion and interpretation.

official video should be out soon.
    Last edited by smokey_mcpot; 08-21-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ill say this again, just because 1 or 2 songs kinda sound like dubstep, doesnt mean the entire album is gonna be a dubstep record. i really got into dubstep late 2006 when it was still pretty unheard of... nowadays i shudder when i here it on commercials or whatever.

all im saying is regardless of what this band produces, im gonna like it. dubstep is annoying cause its the new cool thing or whatever, but im not going to NOT like the new muse record because im not into dubstep anymore. ya know? ill wait til i hear it all to make the judgement... and either way, im CERTAINLY waiting for the tour. these guys are amazing live.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    we're talking about being angry at a band who has ripped off radiohead, coldplay, u2 and queen blatantly for not being original?

really?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    They ripped off Coldplay?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ Yea, that one didn't make any sense to me.

I like the new song, but the dubstep elements that they want to portray in their new songs just sounds lazy and rehashed. I got excited when they said that they were going to be making these sounds with actual instruments, but even that part in "Unsustainable" sounds lame and unoriginal. The dubstep parts stick out like a sore thumb. It sounds like a regular, over the top, over produced Muse song, and then the dubstep just kicks in. Maybe I need to listen to the new songs more, but the wobble in the background of "Madness" is about it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    okay maybe not coldplay.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Maybe it's because I keep hearing it everywhere, but I'm starting to warm up to that Madness song and it feels weird.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Madness is more interesting than anything i heard from the last record, that's for sure.