Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Muse...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    World tour dates announced today. Strangely enough, I had a dream last night that they were announced and Deftones were opening for them. If only hahah.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    World tour dates announced today. Strangely enough, I had a dream last night that they were announced and Deftones were opening for them. If only hahah.
    I swear they're just trying to play as many different London venues as they can. Every tour they've jumped from Wembley Arena, to the O2, to Wembley Stadium, to the Emirates Stadium and now the London Stadium...can't they just stick with one! Like the O2, cos my work has a free box there!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    After first listen, it really isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be... and is MUCH better than Drones, but that also is not saying much. *Goes to put on BHAR*

Edit: on track 7 through my second listen and I'm actually enjoying it much more. The singles released work well cohesively rather than apart.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-07-2018 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Propaganda and Break it to Me are instant faves for me. Algorithm alternate version is immense! I was pretty nervous about this album given that Dig Down and thought contagion were fairly meh, but I’m really enjoying this!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just tell me if there are actually any cool guitar riffs in there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Did it leak or is it streaming somewhere?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    here are some pretty creative solos, but there is a decent amount to dig into here.

Edit: Yes, it did leak.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Blockades has a lovely ending solo. Reminiscent of The Handler. The whole song is like a mixture of KoC, Survivial, The Handler, and Butterflies and Hurricanes. It's an extremely Musey song.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I’m excited by all the reactions to it. I couldn’t find it earlier so just riding out til midnight. Pretty excited

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    Blockades has a lovely ending solo. Reminiscent of The Handler. The whole song is like a mixture of KoC, Survivial, The Handler, and Butterflies and Hurricanes. It's an extremely Musey song.
    Don't forget Map of the Problematique's drums as well . Propaganda sounds like a straight up Prince song. This album keeps getting better and better with repeated listens; its fun and unpredictable at times. Besides Get Up and Fight with Dig Down being throwaways for me, I'll replace them with Panic Station and something else.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Algorithm and Blockades could have been on BHaR. Really really enjoying this.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Finally getting around to digesting this.. I'm glad the worst songs (more or less) were picked for the "singles" - the rest of the stuff definitely saves this from being what I thought was going to be the worst thing ever. I guess when you lower your expectations, great things are bound to result heh.

Algorithm and Blockades are the Musiest™ of Muse songs and they just deliver, while Break It to Me and Propaganda are excellent examples of them successfully reaching out into new adventurous territory. Probably my top 4 of the album right there.

*edit - Something Human and Dig Down still need to gtfo far, far away and I'm just going to come right out and say Get Up and Fight can join those as well*
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 11-10-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Algorithm, The Dark Side, Propoganda, Break It To Me, Blockades, and The Void are killer. Void really grew on me as an awesome closer. Alternate version of Algorithm is so epically cinematic sounding.

Pressure i like, it’s fun. It’s the next tier down for me. Thought Contagion probably fits here too, for me. I don’t hate it but the Whoaoaoaooa’s are lame.

Something Human doesn’t offend me. Definitely not a top muse song for me.

Dig Down is a way worse 2018 version of madness, Dead Inside, etc. same structure, just not good. GUaF is kinda the new Revolt. But better.
    Last edited by BrokenSpiral; 11-10-2018 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Algorithm, The Dark Side, Propoganda, Break It To Me, Blockades, and The Void are killer. Void really grew on me as an awesome closer. Alternate version of Algorithm is so epically cinematic sounding.

Pressure i like, it’s fun. It’s the next tier down for me. Thought Contagion probably fits here too, for me. I don’t hate it but the Whoaoaoaooa’s are lame.

Something Human doesn’t offend me. Definitely not a top muse song for me.

Dig Down is a way worse 2018 version of madness, Dead Inside, etc. same structure, just not good. GUaF is kinda the new Revolt. But better.

Agree with pretty much all of this, with the exception of the Whoaoaoa's; I actually really enjoy them which adds to a sexy sounding song. Something Human I don't mind since it is a nice change of pace. Get Up and Fight is probably one of the cringiest Muse songs I have ever heard.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Get Up and Fight is so Def Leppard cock rock that it hurts. I actually don't mind it. It's kind of like Revolt done right? File it under guilty pleasure.

Good luck on tickets today for anyone trying. I'm probably going solo to Detroit since just about everyone I know doesn't want anything to do with this band anymore lmao.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Get Up and Fight is so Def Leppard cock rock that it hurts. I actually don't mind it. It's kind of like Revolt done right? File it under guilty pleasure.

Good luck on tickets today for anyone trying. I'm probably going solo to Detroit since just about everyone I know doesn't want anything to do with this band anymore lmao.
    Agreed that Get up and Fight is a better Revolt, although that's not saying much.

I feel your pain! They're truly my guilty pleasure band these days.

----
    https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums...lation-theory/

"The lingering discrepancy between Muse’s popular and critical reputations comes from the fact that they have never before expressed humor in their own superhero cosplay, which by Drones entailed shiny suits and a stage made of magnets. They used to think they were Christian Bale’s Batman, and are starting to accept that it’s OK to be Adam West."

Was the reviewer not around for The 2nd Law era? That Panic Station video should have made it clear.
    Last edited by JessicaSarahS; 11-15-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Muse kicked off their new tour last night. Production looks amazing as usual. Not a fan of their most recent albums but live, they are always fun to see.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Muse kicked off their new tour last night. Production looks amazing as usual. Not a fan of their most recent albums but live, they are always fun to see.

I’m so glad they’re embracing the lasers again!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    I’m so glad they’re embracing the lasers again!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm going to the Detroit show. I think. Alone. Maybe I can freely get my geeky freak on with no fear of anyone judging me lmfao.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has anyone preordered their massive Origins of Muse boxset? I’m tempted but haven’t committed....
    https://usstore.muse.mu/origins-of-m...www.muse.mu%2F

This band is always incredible live. Saw them in Chicago in April and I really enjoyed the new songs. I was hoping they would do a secondary market tour of the US but it was not to be.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    That actually does look really appealing. I love their first 2 albums and their b sides were always strong (haven’t x reffed that against hullabaloo tracklist but I see at least some overlap). Also that double A side between albums 2 & 3 was killer

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Simulation Theory Tour was the first one I noped out of since the Absolution days. The only thing I remember from that album is the delicious cheese of Get Up And Fight and that Dig Down needs to be retired and never mentioned again by humanity.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Muse really lost me with that last album. It's not terrible I guess, but it did absolutely nothing for me, so I had no interest seeing them on tour. Besides, I don't want to see them do the same damn setlist they did the last two times I saw them.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I did not like Simulation Theory at all. Black Holes And Revelations was the last album I could listen to from front to back. After that, it was hit or miss. There's the Muse after HAARP and the Muse up until HAARP live album/DVD. I didn't really like any of the singles from the later albums either. Each album just worse and worse. Meanwhile, I'm a big electronic music fan, but did not like Simulation Theory.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I did not like Simulation Theory at all. Black Holes And Revelations was the last album I could listen to from front to back. After that, it was hit or miss. There's the Muse after HAARP and the Muse up until HAARP live album/DVD. I didn't really like any of the singles from the later albums either. Each album just worse and worse. Meanwhile, I'm a big electronic music fan, but did not like Simulation Theory.
    HAARP is such an amazing live concert film.

there were a couple good songs on "the resistance" but i totally agree that "black holes..." was the last album that was good from front to back. and knights of cydonia has one of my favorite music videos ever.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Are their b sides still strong?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The Resistance was my first album and my last for the band haha. I really love Absolution, Black Holes and Revelations and The Resistance. Never really got into much prior to those or after, though Drones has a few great songs like Dead Inside and Mercy.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-23-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    The Resistance was my first album and my last for the band haha. I really love Absolution, Black Holes and Revelations and The Resistance. Never really got into much prior to those or after, though Drones has a few great songs like Dead Inside and Mercy.
    oh man, origin of symmetry was my first and i love that whole thing. showbiz is great as when i was getting into them, i was also getting into jeff buckley, and that album sounds like loud jeff buckley haha. but i can understand if you can't get into their earlier stuff.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    oh man, origin of symmetry was my first and i love that whole thing. showbiz is great as when i was getting into them, i was also getting into jeff buckley, and that album sounds like loud jeff buckley haha. but i can understand if you can't get into their earlier stuff.
    Showbiz I don’t like a single song off it. Origin of Symmetry is alright but not in my rotations when I listen to this band. Live versions are good from both.