Thread: Mogwai

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    my first mogwai record was rock action, which came out the semester i joined the college radio station. while i don't love all of it these days (and the super furry animals vox on a few tracks always throws me), and even though 'sine wave' sounds an awful lot like 'a warm place'- i'll always have a huge soft spot for that record.
    Last edited by frankie teardrop; 04-26-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    my first mogwai record was rock action, which came out the semester i joined the college radio station. while i don't love all of it these days (and the super furry animals vox on a few tracks always throws me), and even though 'sine wave' sounds an awful lot like 'a warm place'- i'll always have a huge soft spot for that record.
    i think that was the first album of theirs i heard, but the first one i owned was young team. pretty sure i was 15 or something, working in the music department at Barnes & Noble.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    I can see the similarities between "Sine Wave" and "A Warm Place" but let's not forget that "AWP" it's an homage to Bowie's "Crystal Japan" and i do think Mogwai's song has its own identity, "Rock Action" isn't perfect but it has some damn good quality tracks and "2 Rights make 1 Wrong" will always give me gosebumps...