Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Mogwai

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The "live" "stream" was a lot of fun. The new songs sound amazing and the band is top notch -- they just keep getting better and better as they go. A couple goosebump/tears in eyes moments but to no surprise as their music always hits me.

Luckily, I was able to grab a download of the show since they put it on YouTube. Funny thing is, all of the info leading up to this has sounded very strict (ie. can only rewind an hour after stream starts, no plans for a DVD, ticket purchase deadline, breaking it up into 3 different "premiere" times although all are viewable etc...)

But... its just an unlisted video on YouTube :shrug:

I paid the $15 and do not regret but shocked they didn't go a better route to ensure it wasn't sharable. Or maybe it was all just a troll to see who would pay for something readily available.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    It was an amazing performance, thanks for posting!

I'm so happy this band keeps maturing, the new songs are indeed great!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    They finally made it private haha -- glad I got a 1080p download of it. Ha.

Now just need this album to leak already - the TRL boxset is delayed until April - which is fine but hoping drips soon.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Shocked this hasn't leaked yet. Comes out Friday. :shrug:

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    It's def. leaked. saw it on GetMetalClub. PM me if you need more than that.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Oh I got it yesterday -- but its out now officially. I also got the email from Temp. Res and they provided the demo bonus tracks as well that comes on the vinyl and CD box sets which is cool.

Love the album. Fuck Off Money and Its What I Want to Do Mum being my favorites.

Highlights are Midnight Flit (feat. Atticus Ross) and Pat Stains.

I will say...I kinda wish the live stream happened AFTER the album came out -- I listened to the live versions all week and as usual with live versions, they carry a different weight than the live album (for good and bad) -- but there are some elements that make the live versions of a couple songs that sound better than the album. (ie. To The Bin, Here We and Fuck Off Money)

That being said the album is great and definitely falls in line as a sequel to Every Country's Sun.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I liked it more than "Every Country's Sun", not sure were to rate it, but it's a great listen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it's their best album since The Hawk is Howling, and i love Rave and Hardcore. Every Country's Sun is great but it feels like they were readjusting from John Cummings leaving.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just giving As The Love Continues a run through now. It's okay! To be honest I'd not thought a great deal of the 'singles', but I've bought a digital copy on the strength of the UK chart position excitement (mid-week Number 1!). Plus, it's had really good reviews. I think Hardcore was the last record of theirs I really loved, but their still one of the best bands going. @Reznor2112 - I kind of know what you mean about the live thing. I didn't hear the stream, but I only really got into the last LP *after* living with the live versons for a while.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    "Its What I Want to Do Mum" has to be the best track!