Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Illuminati Confirmed

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Illuminati Confirmed

Illuminati Confirmed - A New Kind of Strategic Video Game by RadioFree.Net (Kickstarter link, but that's all over with, it's doing early access testing now)

I was a very late backer to the game and got access today... and yup! It is the sort of thing I was looking for.

It's based on the classic card game, Illuminati: The Game of Conspiracy by Steve Jackson Games and while I own a few editions of the cards game, I rarely was able to find the time to play with others.

This digital game has, of course, multiplayer (sticking to the original concept) but it also has Solo play which....... is really what I wanted (so I don't have to co-ordinate with others). I am eager to play against other live people though.

So... if you really like conspiracy theories and you know, don't actually take them too seriously... then maybe give this a shot.

If you've read The Illuminatus! Trilogy by Shea and Wilson you have a sense of the how this all goes.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Just a screenshot of someone about to win a game...

I'm really enjoying the Solo Game aspect but hopefully later tonight I'll be able to do a Standard Game and see how that goes.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

So yeah, "Robot Sea Monsters" control "Conspiracy Theorists" which in turn control "Therapists".

I imagine the story goes something like this...

Therapist listening to a Conspiracy Theorist talk about Robot Sea Monsters and where they are and what could they mean but an obvious but small Robot Sea Monster in a lab coat and bad human make-up just reassures them both there's no such thing and maybe go check out that Reformed Church of Satan instead.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Looks like late December is when this will get released. It's come a long way recently and quite fun to play.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Oh, no shit?!
    Does it have the OG cards?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Oh, no shit?!
    Does it have the OG cards?
    80s, 90s and 2020s.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)