Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Tech Questions

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    I've never actually used an online photo editor like this, but I found this link that may be helpful to you. Another suggestion, obviously not knowing why you want to avoid Google+, would be to create a dummy account and use that for Google+. That way you can still use Picnick and not have your main email address attached to a Google+ account.
    thanks, that's really helpful.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I'm in Shanghai, China and I'm getting extremely frustrated with the inability to access several websites including Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. I know that VPNs are the way to go but for some reason I can't get the two VPNs I've tried up and running. Can anyone help me with my VPN issues or hook me up with a VPN account?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Is anyone here fluent in Javascript and HTML? I need a bit of help, if someone wants to look over a stupid little game I made. I just started, so this is pretty beginner stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Is anyone here fluent in Javascript and HTML? I need a bit of help, if someone wants to look over a stupid little game I made. I just started, so this is pretty beginner stuff.
    I'm not fluent but I'm familiar with both of those. Moreso HTML than Javascript, but I'd be willing to try and help you out.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    I'm not fluent but I'm familiar with both of those. Moreso HTML than Javascript, but I'd be willing to try and help you out.
    I added you on AIM, if you want to talk there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    I'm in Shanghai, China and I'm getting extremely frustrated with the inability to access several websites including Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. I know that VPNs are the way to go but for some reason I can't get the two VPNs I've tried up and running. Can anyone help me with my VPN issues or hook me up with a VPN account?
    Are you actually paying for the VPN or are you trying to use account info from the internet or something? It seems to me that if you are paying for it, the service provider should help you set it up.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So, I dropped my phone in water yesterday. Did the rice trick. The phone works now, but I can't make or take calls. Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has any had this problem...

My mouse skips across the screen and randomly dies, it is a wired optical mouse on a refurbished dell machine. When it dies I get that error message sometimes saying that the usb malfunctioned. Now my keyboard works fine (it has died 2-3) times though. When my mouse dies (and there is no red light underneath it, I just unplug it from the port and put it into a different drive, then works fine.

I play TF2 and CS online so for example I will be shooting and the mouse button one with get stuck and start shooting continuously, also do to the mouse skipping I get stuck looking at one direction.

Now do you think this is my mouse is just bad or my usb hardware is shot? Any solutions or suggestions?

I have checked and said my mouse drivers were up to date.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Can anyone recommend a torrent site? Demonoid is going trough a DDos attack.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    torrents.eu/verified is pretty good for verified torrents - it crawls multiple sites. I haven't had much trouble with it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Can i burn straight data discs of say mp3s natively on my mac, haven't done a lot of hunting but i would i should be able too?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I built my computer about two years ago but didn't bother putting a graphics card in it because I don't play games and the on-board graphics were good enough at the time. I just recently decided that I want to play Arkham Asylum and probably eventually Arkham City. Unfortunately without a graphics card the game is virtually unplayable due to lag. Can someone recommend me a graphics card that will allow me to play the games but doesn't cost too much. I have no idea what to look for when it comes to video cards. Don't want to spend too much but I also don't want to cheap out and regret not spending a little extra for better performance.

Tl;dr: what's a good, relatively inexpensive graphics card?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by imail724; 08-24-2012 at 01:35 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Just invest. Once you game on the PC, you never go back.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Any specific one you would recommend?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Hopefully someone will be able to help me out with this...

My internal storage on my Motorola Electrify is 8.92 GB's. I currently have 2.25 GB's remaining. I do not have anything extra installed besides the applications that came with the phone + Tap Tap Revenge 4.

After looking at exactly how much space TTR4 is using, I noticed it's at around 6.5 GB's! I have a 32 GB micro SD card that is barely being used. I checked under "Applications" in "Settings" to see if I could move the application that way, but did not have any luck. Does anyone know of a way to move TTR4 to the SD card?

Much appreciated,
    Jon

P.S. - Yes, it is TTR4 that is using all of the space; I have 879 songs at the moment, and do not see myself stopping any time soon...

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Ideas?

http://thelastdisciple.tumblr.com/po...he-zombie-help

Thought I'd try a stab in the dark as us NIN lot can be quite tech savvy.

EDIT: Got it working now, used old ATI drivers.. seems to do the trick.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 09-25-2012 at 12:58 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Any specific one you would recommend?
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...view,3107.html

Should give a good idea what to look for depending on your price range. You can usually find a pretty solid one for 200$ or less if you working on a budget.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Can anyone recommend a good, free video converter?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I am looking into picking up an external HD.

Can anyone recommend me a good reliable drive?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Random Tech Questions

LaCie drives are great. Western digital are crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Recently got an older eMac from a school district. I ordered an airport extreme card, is there anything else i would need to do in order to use it wirelessly? Would I just pop it in and it should be good to work with my wireless router?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    LaCie drives are great. Western digital are crap.
    LaCie drives are awesome!

I have a 5 year old 500GB external, it's always connected and running.

I know it'll give out eventually, anything with moving parts will but that's pretty fucking good if you ask me. Well worth it!

*knocks on wood*

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    just picked one of these up. transferred 7 TB of data onto it in 6 hours. holy crap.

http://www.amazon.com/LaCie-Thunderb...tb+thunderbolt

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    As i don't have regular internets i was hoping someone may help point me towards a bootable virus scanner that i could load on a CD or USB. Im trying to maybe fix the ladies computer but it restarts every time you do basically anything. I could i suppose re-install windows but im not sure she wants to do that at this point. I've done some quick searching as of this point so I'm not too far along with teh process of figuring out what may be wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I have been having a minor issue with Chrome lately where the page simply reloads itself when I press back and I have to double click the back button quickly for it to actually go back. It doesn't happen on every site, but a lot, including ets, as well as reddit and dvdtalk. Anyone know how to fix this?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Delete cookies or cache?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Random Tech Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    As i don't have regular internets i was hoping someone may help point me towards a bootable virus scanner that i could load on a CD or USB. Im trying to maybe fix the ladies computer but it restarts every time you do basically anything. I could i suppose re-install windows but im not sure she wants to do that at this point. I've done some quick searching as of this point so I'm not too far along with teh process of figuring out what may be wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
    You sure it's not the power supply?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm trying to share an audio file with someone who is using an iPhone. I have always used Android so I'm unclear about a couple things. When I first sent the file, it was in .wav file. Was told that it didn't play. Sent it in .mp3 and was told that it didn't play. The other user then downloaded one or the other while on the computer and was able to listen after syncing with the iPhone.

The other user is abroad without the computer and I would like to share another file.

How can someone download an audio file on an iPhone and play it without syncing? Surely this is possible.

EDIT: got it figured out with a buddy. Problem is using fb messenger to share audio files was causing an error. Dropbox works fine.
    Last edited by bwary; 03-15-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Ya, i eventually got it to work in safe mode and got avast on it but it didn't install right. Pretty sure it's probably loaded down with crap. Trying to open internet kills it straight away, otherwise it takes a few minutes for it bog down and freeze up. Safe mode seemed to be stable so i may to do something with it once i get another chance to mess with it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I switched over to Sprint, and I have this old cell phone that I'd like to use during a trip to Canada, but my previous company won't give me the unlock code. I'm wary of paying for an unlock code... I don't want to give money to someone who will just take the name of my service provider and IME # and simply try to call, like I did. Anyone have experience/suggestions?