Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Luka Magnotta arrested in Berlin for dismemberment

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Yeah, the thread title is wildly misleading.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Luka Rocco Magnotta video shown to students, teacher suspended

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/a...suspended?bn=1

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    What an idiot. These are kids, and admitting of course that kids these days may seem more jaded because of the content available to them through the internet, it's a completely different thing for them to stumble across this video online than for a teacher to show it in class. "See how he's having trouble getting through the bones in the ankle, kids?"

Fuck a "show of hands", they're not old enough to vote, let their parents decide whether they should be watching this kind of shit. Educate them about the crime, don't just say "Wanna see somethin' crazy??"

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Suspended? No no no... you FIRE somebody who does this. You don't wait for the story to blow up and make headlines around the world, you immediately fire the guy, and when the press calls you up for a statement, you say "well, oops, I guess we never should have hired the stupid motherfucker in the first place. Problem solved."

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Fired? Not just- you arrest someone who does this. You phone the police and say "One of our teachers is showing a snuff movie to children. Can you take him away, please?".

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I was listening today to a tv show where people can phone in to voice their opinion and the father of a kid who was in that class called to say that this story is being blown out of proportion. His very profound opinion about this was that a)his son is old enough to handle the video and b)his son would have seen in on the internet anyway. I'm not joking my friends; I heard it with my very own ears.

A couple of students who were in that class were interview and they said that yes, it was a unanimous vote to watch the video but that there was at least a third of the class who really did not want to see it and that those kids voted "yes" anyway out of fear of being bullied by the group who wanted to see it. Also, a girl explained that she was feeling well when she left the class that day but it was later the same night, when she was alone at home that the true horror of what she had seen hit her; and she said that she is still scared and traumatized (her own words) to this day, ten days after having seen it.

In my mind nothing justifies watching this video, nothing at all. People should really take the saying "what has been seen cannot be unseen" more seriously. You may think you can stomach something like that but you cannot be sure. And no, loving horror movies is not a good reference to your capacity to absorb seeing this. I know from experience, unfortunately. Years ago, on Saint Jean Baptiste Day, a young man who was drugged out of his mind threw himself in the traditional gigantic bonfire on the Plaines d'Abraham. Someone caught the whole thing on tape and it was shown on the news, with warnings about the graphic aspect of it. I was curious and I though I was though enough to watch it; hey, I'm a die hard horror movie fan after all! To this day, just thinking about it still makes me want to throw up. I cannot tell you how much I wish I could erase those images from my mind.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Montreal teacher who showed murder of Lin Jun video to class is fired. Board concerned by "gravity of the act and the impact on students." via @
    ArmstrongGN

Thank fuck!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This went through THREE PAIRS of eyes before being approved to go to print.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That's how ll news reports and articles go. They post random shit, happy stuff and disheartening things all in one swoop. Sickening sometimes, really. it is.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    You may have missed the point lol.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    That is one incredibly inappropriate bul hilarious pun. I wonder how much fun the editors had coming up with this.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    You may have missed the point lol.
    Seriously... look at it again Space Suicide. You and the editors of that paper missed something truly unfortunate and hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Elke
    That is one incredibly inappropriate bul hilarious pun. I wonder how much fun the editors had coming up with this.
    I'm almost certain it wasn't intentional. The article just happened to be juxtaposed next to a review for a stage production of Footloose.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Kinda pathetic that Magnotta's pleading not guilty and requesting a psychiatric examination.

Also does anyone else think it's inappropriate of The Daily Mail to print pictures of the victim half-naked and posing infront of a mirror with a phone camera?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I get it but it didn't make me laugh. Cut Footloose.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    Kinda pathetic that Magnotta's pleading not guilty and requesting a psychiatric examination.
    This guy redefines the word "pathetic." Everything about him is fucking pathetic. I don't expect him to suddenly stop being a completely reprehensible sack of shit any time soon.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    This guy redefines the word "pathetic." Everything about him is fucking pathetic. I don't expect him to suddenly stop being a completely reprehensible sack of shit any time soon.
    He'll try anything to get out of going to prison, like most people, to try and get to a pysche ward. I especially love that he's done terrible things for years now on and off and it finally turned to something huge and now he's trying to claim he's mentally disturbed when he's been doing bad things for awhile? He's caught and going to prison for it and now he miraculous wants an evaluation? Piss off.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    Also does anyone else think it's inappropriate of The Daily Mail to print pictures of the victim half-naked and posing in front of a mirror with a phone camera?
    Everything the Daily Mail does is to provoke. The Daily Mail is a right-wing anti-gay anti-europe conservative (with both a small c and a C) trash rag aimed at pointing the blame at anything that does not fall under their view of 'right' and 'wrong'. By posting pictures of that it gives their readers the chance to snort "well he WAS gay" into their tax free pasties and not worry about the rest of the story as its just another thing "those sick gays" go about doing.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    That description of the Daily Mail was SO spot on!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    Everything the Daily Mail does is to provoke. The Daily Mail is a right-wing anti-gay anti-europe conservative (with both a small c and a C) trash rag aimed at pointing the blame at anything that does not fall under their view of 'right' and 'wrong'. By posting pictures of that it gives their readers the chance to snort "well he WAS gay" into their tax free pasties and not worry about the rest of the story as its just another thing "those sick gays" go about doing.
    They are deeply conservative but they and the general public are not that evil and ill informed sweetie.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    This is another Jeffrey Dahmer in-prison murder just waiting to happen.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Highly Psychological View Post
    They are deeply conservative but they and the general public are not that evil and ill informed sweetie.
    I agree most people in the uk arent daily mail/BNP nutcases but as for the mail itself... You've obviously forgotten jan moirs DEADLY GAY LIFESTYLE article

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'm sure but I don't believe the killer of Luka Magnotta (if it occurs) will be a schizophrenic like Scarver was who killed Dahmer. Besides, Dahmer didn't do it for publicity like this cunt did. It doesn't make a difference as both were senseless killers but Dahmer's was a bit more mentally unstable than anything that points to Magnotta's. Magnotta just looks like a publicity whore who would do anything for attention, it came to this scale unfortunately.

I can honest give two fucks what happens to him in prison. He should've thought about the well being of his future and the victim and his family before doing his 'cutesy pie' little snuff film for gore fans.

I think this guy is a piece of shit.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Probably, and I have no problem with that. I just hope they treat him like a sponge for a few years first.

Whatever happens to this guy, he gets no sympathy from me.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-28-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    A long time ago... This is an odd necro-bump.

Anyway, while this is here, there's a documentary on Netflix about the whole thing called Don't Fuck With Cats. A lot of the information in it is interesting, but its "protagonists" can be really obnoxious and self-righteous.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    And it's tangentially related to the tickling documentary. This story is all kinds of bonkers.

And I just tried to make the connection but it's from an email newsletter that David Farrier sent out for subscribers and I don't feel comfortable copying/pasting the whole thing. Suffice to say the Cliff Notes version is that the guy who is in the cats movie sent him a letter saying he was also involved in the tickling conspiracy. He's not, but he said he was.

I got back in touch with the Don’t F**k With Cats producer, telling them Magnotta was full of shit in regards to his D’Amato claims. Which is part of the reason none of those lies made it into Don’t F**k With Cats.