Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: The New Introduction Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I'm Rowan, I'm some 21-year-old strange gothic genderfuck living in Sheffield, attempting to destroy western civilisation with my very presence or something. (that's what the Twitter Nazi's think my existence is doing right)

Anyway, NIN have been my favorite band since primary school, (Probs not the best band to request at a Year 6 disco) and help me somewhat with the above, so here I am.

To conclude, I hope to post as frequently as university allows me and to bitch about how everyone needs to listen to Cardiacs.

Cheers.

PS: I had old account, but a lot of shit happened between starting that account and starting up this new one so I'd rather just make this new one and consign all that nonsense to the history books.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Used to use ETS a tonne when I was a teenager, now I'm old and I'm probably maybe gonna post again I dunno. 27, East London, love my dog, love my NIN. Hi everybody!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Been listening to NIN since 1990 when I was 11 yrs old. By the time forums were a big deal (WT era), I was wrapped up in career stuff. Have just been down the rabbit hole lately, and finally reading up on ETS. Right now NIN is all I listen to for comfort to cope with a lot of life stuff happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    King Le Blue!!!!!
    Where is Kezghan?
    Azeroth?
    Seriphim?
    Fez is feedback?
    Sveta - Lana?(Svetlana - the girl that B&E in NOLA?!?)
    BrokenHalo?
    Self?
    (RIP - Bubbles)
    Becca?
    O.o?
    Lily?
    where the fuck are my OLD ASS BLUE room folks.....?
    and dont ask me what other colors there were....
    either you knew, or, your ass was to young to know...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, everybody. I've been a Nine Inch Nails fan for 21(?) 22(?) years now. The works have seen me through some tough times. Probably wouldn't be underselling it to say that if it wasn't for this band, I'd likely be dead. And the music suits such things so well. So therapeutic, right?

I'm into comic books, comic book movies, meditating, playing guitar, and standing up for what is right. And I have a healthy obsession with the end of the world, which is a subject Trent has more than touched on. Stimulating.

I hope to learn about the community members here at Echoing the Sound, and learn about myself and my place here in the process.

Thanks, everybody!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey everybody, I'm Permian Designs, an artist operating out of Washington, D.C. specializing in mixed media, collage, digital art, and photography.

Been a huge fan of NIN since 2004, lurked here on ETS off and on since 2009. Figured I'd finally make an account and reach out in case there's any interest in my work which includes photos from various NIN concerts I've attended over the years as well as other various works inspired by Reznor's music. Also hoping to meet some other artists as well and check out their work so if you do any visual (or musical art) feel free to get in touch!

Will post my site and other links to my work over at the Artistic Expression sub-forum.

Hope to hear from you all. All the best, thanks!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    haaaay
    your unnoticeable not favorite drunk
    still the same in a different state.
    since my last post I've experienced a multitude of new shit
    still alive and making it happen. PBS and gangster at the same time. fuck around and find out. 07er in the house.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello! Just joined this group, looking for like minded people to discuss music, and the ever changing world we live in. I'm young (21) but I've loved NIN and Trent's various other works for as long as I can remember, my brother got me hooked by showing me TDS way back when. Anyway, thanks for accepting me, looking forward to meeting you! -SON

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Nothing View Post
    Hello! Just joined this group, looking for like minded people to discuss music, and the ever changing world we live in. I'm young (21) but I've loved NIN and Trent's various other works for as long as I can remember, my brother got me hooked by showing me TDS way back when. Anyway, thanks for accepting me, looking forward to meeting you! -SON
    Not sure I have enough experience here to officially say welcome, but what the hell. Welcome! Is your SON moniker referencing Pink Floyd, or something else? I am unusually interested in name origins so thought I might ask.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hello.
    Having exhausted the quarantine snacks, free premium service and every decent box set ever made, I thought I'd join to read your Westworld theories, thoughts on the new music and share the depths of your covid-19 misery.
    I'm old, utterly irrelevant and will probably just lurk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, I'm 22, agender, from the US, and a new fan - and I mean really new, like I had listened to TDS and PHM once or twice when I was a teenager, but I only just listened to the whole NIN discography and took a deep dive into the history last month. I made an account mostly so I could search the site to get ideas of other fans' opinions on things. As a fan of other bands with long histories and big internet communities (e.g. radiohead) I know how much common fan knowledge you can find in forums like this (gossip, inside jokes, stuff like that). I'm usually more of a lurker than a big talker (I'm also quietly subbed to r/nin and the objectively superior r/nincirclejerk) but maybe you'll see me around once I get the hang of things~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hello. old time fan here. i was here long ago but decided to come back as a way to get back into nin culture as well as pass the time during a time where there is a lot of time to pass the time lol ive been an avid obsessed fan since the 90s. looking to see how things are these days!!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prettyhatmachine View Post
    Hi all, I'm 22, agender, from the US, and a new fan - and I mean really new, like I had listened to TDS and PHM once or twice when I was a teenager, but I only just listened to the whole NIN discography and took a deep dive into the history last month. I made an account mostly so I could search the site to get ideas of other fans' opinions on things. As a fan of other bands with long histories and big internet communities (e.g. radiohead) I know how much common fan knowledge you can find in forums like this (gossip, inside jokes, stuff like that). I'm usually more of a lurker than a big talker (I'm also quietly subbed to r/nin and the objectively superior r/nincirclejerk) but maybe you'll see me around once I get the hang of things~
    welcome, friend! i'm one of the few genderqueer folks here so if you ever want to talk about that sort of stuff, we have a couple threads for it.

otherwise, most everyone here is friendly and fun. i spend waaaay too much time on this board (don't have facebook so this is my main social media haha) and there's a lot of stuff to check out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hello. my name is tressa.
    i was directed here in my search for a poster from my youth.
    can anyone point me to person or place where i can find this poster?

i would truly appreciate it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello. I've been a NIN fan since 92 or so. I like NIN, keeping fish, digital painting, and messing with FL studio/U-he synths. I'm in my early 40s and feel more than the usual amount of discontentment in my life lately. This seems like a great community. Thank you for existing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was a member on here for many years-- used to spend so much time here. Just discovered the original site was lost, and thought I'd re-register as a now-42 year old to remind myself just how long ago that life was-- greetings, and happy to see some people still appreciate some of my favorite music

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey there from Portland, OR. I was a huge fan of NIN when I was a teenager in the 90's. Had this huge poster of Trent Reznor covering half my wall. Then I waited and waited for new stuff after TDS and it took longer than I thought it should. Started listening to other stuff, took the poster down from my wall and did way too many drugs. For a long time, I was embarrassed about my teenage obsession with NIN.

Then I got clean, started a business, had 2 kids, turned 40. But I was still angry and I needed some outlet. I listened to Broken for the first time in 20 years and fucking loved it. Then I discovered that there was 20 years of amazing material that was new to me. Despite the current circumstances (pandemic, depression, riots, orange jeebus), life is good.

tl;dr angsty teenager went into NIN coma for 20 years, woke up, and couldn't believe his good fortune.

Hi there!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by feeblewitz View Post
    Hi there!
    Aloha and welcome!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by feeblewitz View Post

tl;dr angsty teenager went into NIN coma for 20 years, woke up, and couldn't believe his good fortune.

Hi there!
    Wow, you have a LOT of music to catch up on and enjoy! Welcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, everyone. I'm new here, but everyone seems nice. Just got into NIN about a month ago. I can't say I like them, really, but they're better than Hootie and the Blowfish (my last favorite band). Anyhow, I look forward to talking about NIN and Tool and Manson and Tim Burton and how much we all hate our parents. Thank you for your time.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CecileLind View Post
    Hello, everyone. I'm new here, but everyone seems nice. Just got into NIN about a month ago. I can't say I like them, really, but they're better than Hootie and the Blowfish (my last favorite band). Anyhow, I look forward to talking about NIN and Tool and Manson and Tim Burton and how much we all hate our parents. Thank you for your time.
    Well, since you're doing this...

A/S/L?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Well, since you're doing this...

A/S/L?
    their homepage on their profile: https://powergardentools.com/best-milwaukee-drill/

hahahahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello To everyone on this board, I'm from Peru but I live in San Francisco, CA. I've been a fan since 1995, right after watching the Woodstock 94 performance video my mind was blown away forever by NIN.

Since this year it's a special one because of the Rock n Roll hall of fame induction I prepared a 80 min mix as a tribute to NIN, could someone point me in the right direction and tell me in what part of the forum can I post it and share it with all of you?
    Last edited by Haziel; 09-07-2020 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haziel View Post
    could some point me in the right direction and tell me in what part of the forum can I post it and share it with all of you?
    Hi and welcome!

Maybe start here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Hi and welcome!

Maybe start here...

Thank You! I think I found it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I registered here a few years ago, but I've long forgotten my login info.

Have been combing through the NIN catalogue gradually over the years, always discovering a new song I've never heard before.

I wouldn't say I'm avid enough of a fan to be able to name all of their songs, or even determine what song comes from what album, but I do love their style and sound design.

Anyway, God bless you all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Long time listener.... first time caller (my funny way of saying I've been following this community for years, but just now have created an account).

My name is Aaron. I've been listening to NIN since the mid 90's. My brother and I would listen to PHM every morning on our drive to high school. My day morning was not complete if we didn't at least make it to "Something I Can Never Have". Anyway, I have continued my NIN journey and still bond with my brother over new NIN releases or going to live shows. I've traveled to several cities and most recently Mexico City to see NIN and my other favorite band (The Chemical Brothers) at Corona Capital 2018. Best festival experience I've ever had and I was in heaven seeing both bands on back to back days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, this is Antoine from Paris, France. I've been listening to NIN since about 2006, getting to know every release, finding home around PHM, Broken and TDS. Saw the band live only once in Paris in 2009 (long before I moved there, where I would have had more opportunities to catch them). At the time I was a rather active member of the nin.com forums, and especially of remix.nin.com. In my teenage years, NIN was my favorite band and probably my favorite thing. Being born in 91 I haven't experienced the initial years first hand, or the wider cultural environment in which it took place. Now is an unsettling time in my life when I'm experiencing some sort of second adolescence, so I delve back into NIN at a certain angle. Except this time I also delve into a whole side of 90s culture that I did not know, resonates with me and also sheds new light on my perception of NIN, given the abundance of reference to TR and the band during that era, making it somehow even more important. Don't know where I'm going with that but I guess that leads to me joining the forum. So see you around !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello! My name is Diego, i`m spanish living in texas, usa, for 5 years! nice to meet you all!
    i sing and play piano and guitar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hiya, everyone! I'm a *very* long time lurker (I think I first stumbled upon this forum way back in 2006 or so, looking for a decent rip of the audio of Non-Entity), but first time poster. I can't wait to inundate y'all with my terrible opinions on music and other stuff.