Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Defense From Hackers

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)

Defense From Hackers

As common as this issue is becoming, and with many of us having aging parents who might fall prey to such things, i thought that, perhaps, we might help each other out.

SO. Someone VERY close to me has a new "boyfriend" who was just casually scrolling through facebook, and saw her profile pic, and now he's "in love with her."

This is like the sixth or seventh time we've been through this.
    But THIS dude passed the reverse image search test.

I wonder, though: is this image photoshopped? I know some of y'all have eagle eyes for this type of shit.

[IMG]reptilian by Tyler Lankford, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by elevenism; 02-29-2024 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    First thing's first - the outline around the hair is weird. Could just be 'portrait' mode in the camera. I don't suspect it's AI

Second thing - here's the instagram account for the restaurant. Ask them if they know the guy.

What did you use for Reverse Image Search? Google Images sucks butt now, but I've had good results with Tineye. Thing is, it could be a private Facebook account that they've pilfered images from, and that's not going to turn up on reverse image searches.

Also, it's 2024. Get on a fuckin' video call and say hi face to face. Can't do that? GTFO.