Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Introduction Thread

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by praveenchandra12 View Post
    Hai i'm praveen chandra from chennai, just want to say hello for all.
    Hi! I'll admit I'm a nerd for India. Hope to go there soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am Chris from Canada a huge NIN fan never been to a live show before... Untill July 17th that is .

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrokenPinion View Post
    I am Chris from Canada a huge NIN fan never been to a live show before... Untill July 17th that is .
    Welcome! That's my birthday! You'll have tons of fun!!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    While i'm not exactly new at all, I thought that I would come out and say that i'm not "34" i'm really only fourteen. Yeah, I know that it's really fucking stupid to try and hide my age, but let's be honest, my generation is stupid and i'm ashamed to be apart of it. I've been "coming out" on every forum that i'm on, and even though i'm a moderately active no-name on ETS, but I might as well be honest here too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I'm Margaret from Australia. I'm new here (joined only a few months ago), but I've been a member of the nin.com forums since 2009. Sorry that I was a bit slow in discovering this place =]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The New Introduction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret_Watson View Post
    Hi, I'm Margaret from Australia. I'm new here (joined only a few months ago), but I've been a member of the nin.com forums since 2009. Sorry that I was a bit slow in discovering this place =]
    Welcome Margaret! I hope that you enjoy your time on ETS.
    Last edited by GlitchyFlame; 06-25-2014 at 05:17 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchyFlame View Post
    While i'm not exactly new at all, I thought that I would come out and say that i'm not "34" i'm really only fourteen. Yeah, I know that it's really fucking stupid to try and hide my age, but let's be honest, my generation is stupid and i'm ashamed to be apart of it. I've been "coming out" on every forum that i'm on, and even though i'm a moderately active no-name on ETS, but I might as well be honest here too.
    Welcome aboard, kid! I started joining internet forums around your age, too, and quickly learned that people can be pretty fucking awful. But we're mostly pretty forgiving and helpful around here, so even if you THINK you have a stupid question, ask it anyways, and we'll answer it in the nicest way possible!

I don't know if you've lurked or not, but if you haven't, here's the rundown:

"All The Flesh" is for everyone to talk about their lives, what they like, what they hate, the books they read, the movies they watch, the games they play, the people they fuck, the booze they drink, the news they read, etc, etc.
    "All The Sin" is for everything NIN-related, so if you want to talk about song meanings, album influences, live performances, movie scores, yadda yadda yadda, that's the place to do it.

Once again, welcome aboard, and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrokenPinion View Post
    Dude, you mean Pemberton? I'm also a Vancouverite, tossing and turning trying to decide if I should shell out for Pemb for the first show of the tour or go to the US for the last show. Either way, welsome to the club! Check the first half of my post for a quick run-down of the site, and if you're vocal and chill enough in the All The Flesh section maybe we can go have a beer sometime!
    Last edited by ibanez33; 06-25-2014 at 05:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchyFlame View Post
    Welcome Margaret! I hope that you enjoy your time on ETS.
    Thanks! :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,
    My name is Jeff, long time lurker first time poster. Have a great day.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Margaret_Watson View Post
    I was a NIN.com member for a few years also before discovering ETS, so you're not alone. Welcome!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    ETS is 50 times the better place than the official NIN.com forum is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh no sorry July 27th I am in Toronto haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I'm a recent NIN convert (a roommate converted me 2 years back) and though I was late too the party I can't deny that NIN and more specifically Reznor have become my personal music icons.! Anyway, I look forward to conversing with you all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hello all. my name is Frank. From Del Rio, Tx. I'm new here and looking forward to being a positive part of this community. all the best!

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saltinthewound View Post
    hello all. my name is Frank. From Del Rio, Tx. I'm new here and looking forward to being a positive part of this community. all the best!
    What's up man, fucking del rio, yeah? That's right on the other side of La Ciudad de Acuna, no?
    I'm from Dallas...well i lived most of my life in dallas, i'm actually from and currently living in the panhandle...
    anyway, my grandparents live(d) in san angelo, and when i was a kid, we used to ride down to acuna to get cheap smokes (los tigres, 22 cents a pack!,) grass pipes made of semi-precious stone, and eat real mexican food.

Have you spent much time en el otro lado? i've heard that the touristy parts of acuna are all boarded up because of the sinaloas and what not. is that true?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Greetings everyone! Should've done this ages ago. Lurking since always. Fell in love with nin when I first heard tds.

Great community here & thanks to @Leviathant plus the rest of the mods/admins for keeping it going.

Hitting Bristow, VA Beach & Charlotte this go 'round. Hope to meet some of you guys & gals out there.

Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Names Casey, glad I found this website. NIN is a favorite of mine along with Marilyn Manson. Been listening to both since I was a kid. I look forward to meeting new peeps here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hey pigs, [just found this thread]

This is Alex (@thewretched1111 - old NIN.com name/current Twitter handle) from THROW IT AWAY. This is the official account for the THROW IT AWAY Podcast-so at some point, the other guys may post under this account.

At THROW IT AWAY, we're super excited to bring you guys new and exciting content each month (with a couple of in between bonus episodes currently in pre-production) and talk to you the fans! Feel free to send us questions, criticisms or comments to us on here/Twitter/Facebook/throwitawaypodcast@gmail.com.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hello. My name is Dave, from the UK. Long time NIN fan - we're talking '92 or '93, somewhere in between Fixed and March of the Pigs. Favourite album has to be The Downward Spiral. Seen 'em only twice in all that time... London 02 Arena in 2014, and Brixton 2007. Hoping to see them again before Trent calls it a day. Should start saving for any Wave Goodbye (Again) club dates in LA. Long-time lurker - figured I'd swing by now the tour has ended. I'll be bored until the next one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all. My name is Dave and the fact that I'm following another fellow Dave is purely a coincidence. I'm not from the UK, tho, I'm a Dave from the US. You don't have to call me Dave, you can call me Fractal04 or whatever you like, really, I'm not particular. I'm a student, working to become a dietician / life coach. I'm into science, psychology, self-improvement, personal development, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello to you all, I'm a bit new at forums and stuff, great to see lots of NIN fans connecting around the globe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello EchoingTheSound collective! Love the multi-cam collab work from a few years back[/flatterycomplete]. Don't want to be a heartbreaker but you're not my first forum. Sorry all! That's how it goes though. As a big-ballsy icebreaker how about this- UK NINer meetup in London, Dec 6th? Just a concept, how does that make my fellow English(Wo)men feel, yay/nay?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Hello!!! I've been a huge fan since I saw HLAH on MTV as a Buzz Feed video. I actually just found this site two months ago when I was researching background on the Recoiled/Uncoiled album but I have been lurking every since. I signed up to see if I could find the remaining four CDs I need to complete my collection. Apparently they are the same ones everyone needs
    -Physical (Interscope Records - PRCD 4891) (no front cover)

Nice to meet everyone!
    Last edited by Sickboy; 01-02-2015 at 07:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Greetings, my fellow wretchlings...
    I enjoy talking to strangers.
    I can't imagine a single day without music.
    I very much enjoy NIN.
    I am, despite the probable majority opinion here, quite obsessed with Marilyn Manson, both the band and the man. Get over it.
    Im also into literature, criminal justice, my daughter, and art.

Name is Devan Marie and I'm in Central Florida.

I look forward to being an active member of this hole in the web. Hopefully it's another warm place in my life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Long time lurker, first time poster. I've followed these forums for quite some time and i'm at a crossroads in my life where i'm trying to put myself out more out there in the world. Thank you for having me and i hope to be having witty banter with folks here soon enough.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neveroddoreven View Post
    Greetings everyone! Should've done this ages ago. Lurking since always. Fell in love with nin when I first heard tds.

Great community here & thanks to @Leviathant plus the rest of the mods/admins for keeping it going.

Hitting Bristow, VA Beach & Charlotte this go 'round. Hope to meet some of you guys & gals out there.

Peace
    I was at the Bristow show, too! How did you like it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hiya people! I'm iggy, nice to meet you.

I lost interest in NIN after [with_teeth], but recently Hesitation Marks and HTDA has sucked me right back in. Being a Treznor fan is like being trapped in a black hole. Try as you might, you'll never escape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi hi! I'm Alice! I used to be mildly active on the NIN.com forums for a while and when they went away I just kind of didn't do anything. I kinda missed having a forum where people chatted about music and I remembered this place being discussed quite a bit so I decided to join. There's my shitty introduction lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hi, I'm John. I believe I was here on ETS back in the YZ days, in its old incarnation, and when I was still in/just getting out of high school (2007-ish), and just getting used to the idea of chatting with fellow fans of whatever in various online forums. I've been a NIN fan since the WT era; together with "Weird Al" Yankovic, Garbage, and Metallica, NIN is one of my "big four" favorite bands. As far as my non-musical hobbies are concerned, I'm an active birder and aspiring fiction writer. Looking forward to reconnecting with NIN fans everywhere!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello. I'm Dr. Orange. I've been needing to try out some different forums and someone by Kris got me to lurk here ... but I don't lurk.
    So, yeah. I like meeting new people. I like music. And I hope to meet all of you.