Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: The New Introduction Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man it is a trip that ETS is still alive and kicking... love it.

Anyway - I'm a 35 year old dude from Australia. NIN fan for well over 20 years now, which is a trip in of itself.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Hey Bitches! I haven't been on here in a half decade, for real. HARRO!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Hey Bitches! I haven't been on here in a half decade, for real. HARRO!
    Holy shit! Where you been?!?!? Welcome back!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Heyooo - I've been popping by to lurk on ETS forever, and finally made an account after checking here before, during and after the recent on-sales. I was lucky enough to be able to snag one ticket to each night in Cleveland during various on-sales, so I am not only stoked but have also resigned myself to the fact that my ticket-karma has probably been depleted. I also haven't seen NIN since Fragility in Philadelphia which I just realized was 21 years ago earlier this month. Now I'm planning a lil solo trip to Cleveland and really looking forward to the train rides and spending a few days in a city I've never been to.

I'm a 37 year old guy, living in Central Virginia and have been listening to Nine Inch Nails since my brother gave me his copy of TDS in '94 when his older punk friends made fun of him for it.

Anyway, what's up, glad to be here.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by makepacer View Post
    Heyooo - I've been popping by to lurk on ETS forever, and finally made an account after checking here before, during and after the recent on-sales. I was lucky enough to be able to snag one ticket to each night in Cleveland during various on-sales, so I am not only stoked but have also resigned myself to the fact that my ticket-karma has probably been depleted. I also haven't seen NIN since Fragility in Philadelphia which I just realized was 21 years ago earlier this month. Now I'm planning a lil solo trip to Cleveland and really looking forward to the train rides and spending a few days in a city I've never been to.

I'm a 37 year old guy, living in Central Virginia and have been listening to Nine Inch Nails since my brother gave me his copy of TDS in '94 when his older punk friends made fun of him for it.

Anyway, what's up, glad to be here.
    What up, @makepacer ?
    I'm a 41 year old character from Texas.

Good to meet you. Congrats on getting the show tickets! I hope it's something really special, and I bet it WILL be.
    I caught the two nights in Denver on the last tour, and, good god, it was unreal. Before that, it was Lights in the Sky, and before THAT, Fragility. And I managed to catch them in 94 and 95 when I was a kid. But, that's all I've seen.

I'll bet you're in for a treat. I think they'll try to make some sort of statement with these shows, since they didn't get to play for the HoF induction.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    What up, @makepacer ?
    I'm a 41 year old character from Texas.

Good to meet you. Congrats on getting the show tickets! I hope it's something really special, and I bet it WILL be.
    I caught the two nights in Denver on the last tour, and, good god, it was unreal. Before that, it was Lights in the Sky, and before THAT, Fragility. And I managed to catch them in 94 and 95 when I was a kid. But, that's all I've seen.

I'll bet you're in for a treat. I think they'll try to make some sort of statement with these shows, since they didn't get to play for the HoF induction.
    What up @elevenism ?

I'm a 36 year old guy who lives in Minnesota. I enjoy long walks on the beach followed by an evening of spooning next to the fireplace. @ my dm and it'll be you who is in for a treat

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    What up @elevenism ?

I'm a 36 year old guy who lives in Minnesota. I enjoy long walks on the beach followed by an evening of spooning next to the fireplace. @ my dm and it'll be you who is in for a treat
    Oh, dear sweet mother of god.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    What up @elevenism ?

So I dm you, are you gonna buy me a ticket up there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A third intro fits.
    I'm Erica from Chicago, been home since July after nearly 4 years in Shanghai. Came home for love and pursuing stand up comedy closer to full time (day-job security on lock). My mom was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer before our April birthdays. Her surgery date was May 17 which she now calls "her 2nd birthday."
    I'm damn glad to be home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    heyy

just call me lempamo. i'm some trans girl from louisville that's super passionate about NIN and electronic music...
    i also make some of my own over @ lempamo.bandcamp.com that you can check out if queer unique IDM is your thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wink Hi!

Hi everyone! I've been checking this forum forever actually but never signed up. Today this ended.
    I'm from Europe, a bassist, I make my own music. Love coffee. Been a NIN fan for about 20 years. Big fan of the era from Broken to Still, and also when they were without a label (Ghosts-The Slip) and the trilogy - mostly for their approach to music.
    I love b&w photos, books, and writing. Trying to paint and making some sort of video art
    Last edited by kapno; 07-08-2021 at 02:24 AM. Reason: typos

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm baaaaack...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hello. I'm a 35 year old dude from the ass end of nowhere (Nebraska). I've been into NIN since I was a grade schooler, sneaking in watching MTV when my parents weren't around. I still standby that the Woodstock '94 performance is the best recorded concert ever, but unfortunately haven't had the chance to see them live. They don't stop through here much.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wampa View Post
    Hello. I'm a 35 year old dude from the ass end of nowhere (Nebraska). I've been into NIN since I was a grade schooler, sneaking in watching MTV when my parents weren't around. I still standby that the Woodstock '94 performance is the best recorded concert ever, but unfortunately haven't had the chance to see them live. They don't stop through here much.
    Why would anyone stop in the ass end of nowhere? Why are you even there?!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    to scream into the void

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Dude. I'm a city guy. I never owned a car in my adult life: i rode the bus and took the train. I ran with a graff crew in Dallas and saw pretty much every band I wanted to see.
    It's weird, inevitable life bullshit that lands some of us in these unfortunate places. My health landed me in a place with a smaller population than the population of my fucking high school. I don't WANT to live here. It's me, my wife, my mom, my godmother, and 1,996 fervent Trump supporters.

I say all this to say...a lot of us get STUCK in shit like this. We aren't here by choice.

SO, @wampa , whatever is keeping you in a rural hellhole, i can likely relate.

I've one question, though: does...does the void ever scream back at YOU?
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-24-2021 at 07:52 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

SO, @wampa , whatever is keeping you in a rural hellhole, i can likely relate.

I've one question, though: does...does the void ever scream back at YOU?
    Only when you least expect it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think its so awesome this community is still alive. I loved posting in here back in the previous iteration of the board pre-2011. Good stuff everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi new NIN fan here, started listening in August last year and literally have not stopped. Got tix for London in June and I am STOKED. Been going on a deep dive lately into the NIN community and figured out I'd dive in...

Question for you all. Where's the cosplay thread?? Got big plans to do a Closer cosplay but I'm sure I can't be the first.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andthebassgoes-baaaaahm View Post
    Hi new NIN fan here, started listening in August last year and literally have not stopped. Got tix for London in June and I am STOKED. Been going on a deep dive lately into the NIN community and figured out I'd dive in...

Question for you all. Where's the cosplay thread?? Got big plans to do a Closer cosplay but I'm sure I can't be the first.

Excellent Username.

Oh and Im still here. On/off the board for 19 years now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I'm a big ol' homo from Seattle.
    I heard about the Simon Maxwell concert footage recently and some googling brought me to this website. Found the thread that had the link and obsessively read all of the comments. Watched it the other night and had my mind completely blown (the sheer raw force with which he humped that keyboard was astounding). I only started listening to NIN the past year or so but have always had an interest in that kind of music, just never got around to it?! PHM is probably my favorite album so far :^)
    I like art, reading, and playing bass/drums. I love horror! I listen to a lot of punk/post-punk from the 70s and 80s. Ummm I think that's it for now!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. I'm thirty-four and I live in the Bay Area. I used to have an account here wayyy back in the Year Zero ARG days (mostly I just lurked lol); I liked NIN since the '90s (my dad has always been super into music), but I only got really into them around the time With Teeth came out. (I've never managed to see a regular NIN show, but I did see Trent at Bridge School Benefit!!) Around 2013, I stopped keeping up with most of my hobbies and stuff, including music that I like; during the pandemic, I got Hesitation Marks, Not the Actual Events, Add Violence, and Bad Witch, and it reignited my love of the band. My other favorite band is Radiohead, just remembered this place the other day and decided to make a new account. So yeah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone, my name is Liam Farami, recently I've listened to some songs by "NIN" at my brother's house, and I liked it, then I've heard most of their songs. It was fantastic, and when I searched about "NIN" I found this forum so I decided to register sorry for my bad English.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liamii View Post
    Hi everyone, my name is Liam Farami, recently I've listened to some songs by "NIN" at my brother's house, and I liked it, then I've heard most of their songs. It was fantastic, and when I searched about "NIN" I found this forum so I decided to register sorry for my bad English.
    Welcome, Liam! And don't worry, your English is fine. Many of us here are speaking English as a second language so you're not alone!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Hey everyone! I hope y'all are doing OK and have enough to eat and have working cars, a roof and air conditioning. Cause that's all that really matters nowadays besides most importantly someone to love who loves you back. No I'm not drunk lol. If anyone remembers me here it'll make sense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow, this website still exists. It's been a minute. Are message boards still a thing?

Hi, my name's Meathead and I used to post here back when Bush was president. Just thought I'd pop in and see what's up.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    Wow, this website still exists. It's been a minute. Are message boards still a thing?

Hi, my name's Meathead and I used to post here back when Bush was president. Just thought I'd pop in and see what's up.
    *bows before you and offers sacrifices*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hi meathead!!! glad to see you back man

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    hi meathead!!! glad to see you back man
    Thanks! I'm pretty far out of the loop these days but it's nice to see everyone.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    No fucking way. Welcome back!

People are still referencing Perspective jokes to this day.