Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Loving the longer mix of "Immigrant Song" and that 6-track sampler gave me chills even though they're just MP3s. Also, that extended trailer is boss (yes, it works in the Canadian iTunes store).

Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    The description on the iTunes page linked from nin.com mentions that the soundtrack has been "Mastered for iTunes". WTF.
    I've seen this "Mastered for iTunes" label on other new releases recently... it simply means they did a different re-sampling/encoding job for the M4A files than for the lossless/CD/MP3 versions. Not sure exactly what will sound different about this, but it's done ostensibly to optimize the M4A version (or at least make it as optimal as you can get at 256 kbps).

Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    USB drive contains the full album in high-fidelity 96k audio

Good god! Need to burn this to blu-ray!
    No need... a simple DVD with bare menus/stills would handle 24bit 96kHz lossless stereo just fine... though you'd probably need two dual-layer DVD-Rs, since it'd have to be uncompressed PCM audio. I don't know how to author DVD-Audio, but it's supposed to be able to handle lossless compression with the MLP format, and so could probably fit on a single disc. Or you could just burn the FLACs to DVD-ROM, if your DVD/Blu-ray player supports that... and if it has a USB drive then you can probably just insert the razor drive and play the files directly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Listening to the sampler and I'm liking what I'm hearing. A lot more little details than TSN and it feels like its kind of sitting in the background and slowly thawing itself out to reveal more layers. Oraculum in particular is great.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    11/8 time, bitches!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Meh, the instrumental music for this release just doesn't have the same SHA-BANG that Ghosts I-IV and "The Social Network" had.
    I don't feel this stuff has justified me spending $300 for that ultra package on.

I douno, these tracks just don't jump out at me, I hope i'm not the only one that feels this way.
    I agree, the tracks aren't quite as 'full' as Ghosts or The Social Network's score. You can't really compare Ghosts and a score though, because Ghosts was meant as a stand-alone album, not meant to accompany video with a story. The only thing they really share is that they're both instrumental. As with anything though, I'm sure the tracks will get better with repeated listening sessions as you notice more things going on in the background.

Either way, I'd still say the sampler is getting me more anticipated for the full score.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Thoughts on my first listen: really, really liked it. Much more than I liked the TSN sampler (I ended up loving the full score, but the sampler didn't quite gel together for me). What If We Could? gave me goosebumps when that unexpected climax hit. And like everyone, Oraculum really leaped out at me. TR&AR doing Thomas Newman circa Six Feet Under? FUN!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm horribly upset that I'll never own that Deluxe Edition. Motherfucker's going to be sold out by 5 PM today, eastern time.

If I had three hundred to throw down on it, though, you can bet I'd do it.

In the meantime this teaser is beautifully haunting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Could someone PM me the sampler? The site won't let me access from the UK, thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Eno would approve of this music.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Have you already seen that TR wrote Led Zepplin instead of Zeppelin? Should we tell them to correct it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eish...

...site's still down

Anyone out there gonna upload the sampler for us guys who weren't around yesterday?

PLEASE????

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Go here buddy: http://www.uswebproxy.com/index.php?...L3VzZC5waHA%3D see if this works for you. Or just use a proxy.

Mind = Blown

I barely finished Oraculum and I already love the sampler. What If We Could and this one are just great.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If you're from the non-US countries and the proxy method doesn't work then you can get it from here.
    If it's against the rules in some way or inappropriate then feel free to edit and remove the link.

http://www.multiupload.com/XENKEUEKL5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yarmes View Post
    Non US/Canada people - go to http://www.uswebproxy.com/ and put http://www.nullco.com/GDT/usd.php in there. Got my email just now!
    Yesss! Thank you! Also do we know anything more about these Hard + Mouth Taped Shut events? The one in London is on the very day I'm going home...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Website is still down.
    Also, is there a way to watch the 8 minute trailer if i don't have an i-tunes store where i am?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    so let me get this right - you can only access the site when you're in the USA and the deluxe edition won't ship outside america? seriously?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    so let me get this right - you can only access the site when you're in the USA and the deluxe edition won't ship outside america? seriously?
    no no, it's just that the European/rest of world site is currently down, when it returns you can purchase whatever you like and have it ship to wherever

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    okay. but then the deluxe edition is most likely sold out already

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Hmmm, I like my Ghosts deluxe edition but think it's just going to be the CD for me this time. I can't justify spending that amount of money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't believe you have to drop $300 to get the vinyl...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurish View Post
    If you're from the non-US countries and the proxy method doesn't work then you can get it from here.
    If it's against the rules in some way or inappropriate then feel free to edit and remove the link.

http://www.multiupload.com/XENKEUEKL5
    Many thanks for this man

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Eff it. Ordering the deluxe.
    A bit off-topic but...CONVERGE!!!

Great avatar!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I have zero confirmation on this, but I'd imagine that there's an allotment of Deluxe Editions set for the rest of the world and that it isn't just first come, first served so they'll all be shipped to the US. I mean, the movie is based on a Swedish book and takes place in Sweden.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    They never learn, fuck....
    Still nothing to see, nothing to order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fuck sake, how is the Non-US site still not working?!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Great, now I have something to listen to while reading 3rd book. (Finishing 2nd today)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    i soooo want to pull the trigger on the deluxe edition.
    the responsible side of me says, no you shouldnt. $300 is a lot to spend.

the nin-fantatic, collector obsessed part of me says, what the hell are you waiting for.

all that being said, i do own the deluxe edition of ghost and a have a pretty large collection...so why should this be any different.

ahhhhhh!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Shep] View Post
    Fuck sake, how is the Non-US site still not working?!
    yeah, unbelievable, seriously!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Trent Reznor doesn't care about non-US people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was briefly able to get on to the rest of world site earlier and the prices were £13 for CD, £128.50 for Deluxe, £9 for MP3, £10 for FLAC.

Loving everything so far

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    "Oraculum" reminds me a lot of Brian Eno's "Force Marker", which was most famously used during the bank heist in Heat, but longer, way less repetitive and more interesting dynamics. The piano on "Please Take Your Hand Away" is like a clocktower ringing in slow-motion. This is amazing stuff.