Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2047

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I really can't stomach Karen O's screeching on Immigrant Song. Or anything else she is involved with.
    I thought she did the cover more than good.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    I thought she did the cover more than good.
    I've never cared for it, from the moment I heard it.

Aside from Maps and the two songs that follow it on Fever To Tell, she's never done anything for me.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It makes for a good soundtrack for the opening credits (and the initial teaser). I judge it more on those terms than trying to as a stand-alone piece of music.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Karen's done some great stuff with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. It's Blitz is one of the very best pop albums of the last decade in my opinion.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my fiancee and i were listening to fever to tell the other night while we were cleaning. that album always gets my blood pumping.

i quite like both karen's vocal style and writing style. i think she was the perfect choice for the cover of immigrant song.

i fell in love with the yeah yeah yeahs the first time i heard "art star" when that first EP was the only thing they had released.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post

Boy does it hurt to look at this knowing that I cancelled my order to pay off debts to my college.
    Ah, what a year and a half does to priorities.

Bought this mother fucker today. Feels like a dream come true.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Can't believe they're still available.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I figured that if they were still available six months after going on sale, then it would take a very, very long time for the rest to be bought up, if ever. There's no demand any more except for people like me, of which there are likely very few.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Barfed up another wallpaper for the Nexus 4's resolution the other week, if you're not a fan of phone based downscaling. The best version I have of this image is a cap from the blu-ray extras, which isn't as sharp as I like but fine for a phone. I'm still obsessed.

edit: I'll have to get a pack of Nexus 5 formatted wallpapers going, soon. Even if people don't care, I'd be making them for myself anyway. Doesn't hurt to share.
    Last edited by blassster; 10-19-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Was there ever a directory set up to track which GDT boxes people had, like the one set up for The Slip way back when? I remember that nin.com.au tried to do that with Ghosts and it didn't end up working.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastentrance View Post
    Is there anyway anyone could PM a link to the for your consideration version of TGWTDT soundtrack? Thanks!
    ...I have three different versions of this. FLAC; Lossless and Lame MP3.
    which format you looking for??

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ...has anyone made a vinyl rip of this soundtrack yet??

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Out of boredom and curiosity, I analyzed the 24-96 FLAC's using the Dynamic Range Meter for Foobar2000. I noticed that while most of the soundtrack was okay dynamic range-wise (around DR7-8), Immigrant Song and Is Your Love... are horribly crushed at DR4. Since David Fincher came up with the ideas for the covers and is listed in the liner notes as a "producer" for the two tracks, I'm guessing it was his idea to make the tracks as loud and compressed as possible - like that Ren Klyce interview where he said he was instructed by Fincher to make the club scene in The Social Network sound even louder than it already was.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I doubt that. He wouldn't have interfered in the mixing/mastering process when it came to the soundtrack album. More likely scenario: TR & AR pushed those tracks up simply because they have vocals and probably will more often be heard alongside other vocal-driven songs on iPod playlists etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there anyway I could any version of this from you please I have been looking everywhere for months upon months!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Is there anyway anyone could PM a link to the for your consideration version of TGWTDT soundtrack? Thanks!
    ...i got you covered. hit me up with a PM if still interested

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Barfed up another wallpaper for the Nexus 4's resolution the other week, if you're not a fan of phone based downscaling. The best version I have of this image is a cap from the blu-ray extras, which isn't as sharp as I like but fine for a phone. I'm still obsessed.

edit: I'll have to get a pack of Nexus 5 formatted wallpapers going, soon. Even if people don't care, I'd be making them for myself anyway. Doesn't hurt to share.
    cool! here is one i created for iPhone lovers a while back:

http://michael-vens.deviantart.com/a...heme-275701786

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Ok 2 things and most of you will probably laugh...

Does Hypomania sound like a predator attacking its prey? The guitars sound like two animals going back and forth. Creepy as fuck

And lastly, am I the only one that tears up whenever What if We Could? plays? (one of the saddest songs ever written???)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Had a seven hour train ride yesterday, starting in NYC. Got on at 7:15 AM (after having worked until 5:00 and not sleeping yet), and put this soundtrack on. Woke up during the first track and went "fuck, I can't even sleep through one song?"

I was in Albany.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The soundtrack is awesome to read thriller books to, though. Especially on a bus/train ride.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Its just a stream, it's very late, but yeah its better than nothing.

http://www.sonypictures.com/soundtra...agontattooepk/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Out of boredom and curiosity, I analyzed the 24-96 FLAC's using the Dynamic Range Meter for Foobar2000. I noticed that while most of the soundtrack was okay dynamic range-wise (around DR7-8), Immigrant Song and Is Your Love... are horribly crushed at DR4. Since David Fincher came up with the ideas for the covers and is listed in the liner notes as a "producer" for the two tracks, I'm guessing it was his idea to make the tracks as loud and compressed as possible - like that Ren Klyce interview where he said he was instructed by Fincher to make the club scene in The Social Network sound even louder than it already was.
    Is this why 'Immigrant Song' doesn't really rock at all? Its got this textural similarity to 'Welcome Oblivion' that I can't describe, kind of a monochromatic thing that is fine, but doesn't sound like a rock band at all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm listening to this soundtrack today.
    It does an excellent job at portraying winter & features fantastic sounds.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Its just a stream, it's very late, but yeah its better than nothing.

http://www.sonypictures.com/soundtra...agontattooepk/
    The 'for your consideration' CD rip is actually on What.cd, for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    The 'for your consideration' CD rip is actually on What.cd, for what it's worth.
    Even better.

I just won a copy of it in an auction. If it wasn't already SEALED i would just rip it and share it but I cant see myself taking the seal off.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Care to invite someone in please?

Otherwise, I'd be grateful as hell for a PM to a file hosting place!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Even better.

I just won a copy of it in an auction. If it wasn't already SEALED i would just rip it and share it but I cant see myself taking the seal off.
    #totesjelly

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Does anyone have a really nice high resolution scan of the FYC release?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I wonder if the vinyl being available in the store means nullco.com won't be the store for GG, or if it's just no one bought it so they're making it more obvious
    http://store.nin.com/product_info.ph...roducts_id=279
    (btw, if you have $300 spare, you should totally buy it and send it to me)