Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 2047

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    What the crap... I tried to buy that vinyl off nullco.com a year or so ago and it said it was fully sold... Ended up paying around $350 + postage from discogs.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i can't find my fucking razorblade USB. i have the chain, but i have no idea where the drive is. no me gusta.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm going to be listening to this again soon... It's been a while.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...-made-20140911

the next film looks possible again

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'll believe it when my ass hits the theater seat, but it's nice to know that Fincher's not given up on it completely.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    does anyone have that post someone did that pointed out where in the movie each track was?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I had a long drive yesterday, but it was OK also thanks to new "Trentticus" (idea from someone on ETS) USB music folder with my selection of tracks from their three movies. And I write in this thread because now I know which one is the best... go figure. :-) The wintery fragile breakable snowflakes, sounds used generally, few weird time signatures I think, lots of distant pianos, secret open spaces... Or for example Aphelion, how on earth can a sound carry so deep images of Sun, universe, even without knowing what that word means...

All are good, but TGWTDT is #1 for me. :-)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is from a couple of weeks ago, but I see that it hasn't been posted:

http://www.slashfilm.com/dragon-tattoo-sequel/

Rooney Mara thinks that the sequels are dead.

Maybe with the changes in Sony there will be a different situation, but I don't know, Fincher seems to be quite busy in the next months/years with tv projects and movies (Utopia, Strangers, etc), and I doubt that TR/AR would write the soundtrack if someone else was picked to direct the sequels.

I wish the whole team completed the trilogy (or tetralogy, since I read that Sony was going to buy the rights for another book that was written before the swedish author died), I liked Fincher's version better than the swedish film, and I've not seen the swedish sequels but I've read that they are not very good and were planned as direct-to-tv films that were also expanded and used as a tv series, with a much lower quality than the first one, also some people say that the books were not very good either, didn't read them, but Fincher was supposedly working with a script that changed a lot of things from the books, so I would love to see his vision of the sequels, but many years since the first movie will have passed once he has finished his other projects, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony hired a different director/team for the sequels if they are ever done.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's the changes at Sony that probably makes her think they won't happen. It seems whenever new people like Rothman are brought in, they clear out the ranks of what was before as much as possible. Sad, because Fincher being a part of a franchise he can have a more active role in would have been great to see.

I think the best anyone can hope for is another studio picking up where Sony will leave off if it's ever official that they don't have the rights to the books anymore.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    In the song, Hidden in Snow, what instrument is responsible for the metallic string sound?

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy_of_an_Echo View Post
    In the song, Hidden in Snow, what instrument is responsible for the metallic string sound?
    Sounds like a piano, but with stuff shoved in between the strings to make them rattle when struck.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Sounds like a piano, but with stuff shoved in between the strings to make them rattle when struck.
    that would be a prepared piano
    i've always thought there should be a better term for modifying an instrument in such a way. "prepared" doesn't seem specific enough.

side note: my guitar teacher in high school taught me about "prepared guitar" and several times we put tape or pencils on or between our strings and just make noise for the hour of my lesson.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Technically it's samples of a prepared piano, but only the dorkiest art music geek nerds would want a seperate category for "real" prepared piano performances where the texture changes live as the piano's string modifiers get bumped and knocked around.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    that would be a prepared piano
    i've always thought there should be a better term for modifying an instrument in such a way. "prepared" doesn't seem specific enough.

side note: my guitar teacher in high school taught me about "prepared guitar" and several times we put tape or pencils on or between our strings and just make noise for the hour of my lesson.
    Maybe it is a prepared piano. I think he used one for the song Leaving Hope too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's interesting to see Trent's facebook post on Gone Girl, saying that "this looks like our best work yet." He's probably right, but to my ears, I think I am probably more impressed by TGWTDT. I'm just trying to absorb it right now with a good pair of monitor headphones and I'm always blown away by these guys.

Just finished listening to the song, "One Particular Moment" and I am really impressed by the subtlety in all the sounds, especially the bass. It starts off hardly even there, just a rumble, a feeling. That's kool. This is music heard in dreams to me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's interesting to see Trent's facebook post on Gone Girl, saying that "this looks like our best work yet." He's probably right, but to my ears, I think I am probably more impressed by TGWTDT. I'm just trying to absorb it right now with a good pair of monitor headphones and I'm always blown away by these guys.

Just finished listening to the song, "One Particular Moment" and I am really impressed by the subtlety in all the sounds, especially the bass. It starts off hardly even there, just a rumble, a feeling. That's kool. This is music heard in dreams to me.
    I love how these guys make sounds just appear from nothing. They catch you by surprise.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Sorry of already answered before...
    Ninwiki page for this soundtrack has this in FYC tracklisting:

"Blomkvist Meets Martin" - Unknown, possibly unique to sampler

Is it really the case?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Sorry of already answered before...
    Ninwiki page for this soundtrack has this in FYC tracklisting:

"Blomkvist Meets Martin" - Unknown, possibly unique to sampler

Is it really the case?
    The difficulty with telling the difference is that some tracks could be really heavily remixed into one form or the other, and if it's a piece based on a sample and the sample is removed, well it's very estranged from the original. But to my ears, yeah, it's unique.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Can it be heard anywhere? The link in ninwiki article doesn't seem to be working

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Can it be heard anywhere? The link in ninwiki article doesn't seem to be working
    http://www.sonypictures.com/soundtra...agontattooepk/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's too inconclusive... My best guess would be Aphelion, due to all the wind sounds, but without so much as a single 'musical' note, it's impossible to tell.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Aphelion is definitely it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Looking to trade my MINT The Social Network and MINT The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo FYC CDs, both still SEALED, for a copy of The Social Network on vinyl.

EDIT: Or...if anyone is willing to just sell the TSN vinyl outright let me know.

Posted in multiple threads due to relevant items

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Absolutely loving 'another way of caring' right now

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    How did I miss how amazing Great Bird of Prey is?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Was the score for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo ever released in surround sound? Also, where can I find the link where I can download the surround sound NIN mixes?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Was the score for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo ever released in surround sound? Also, where can I find the link where I can download the surround sound NIN mixes?
    Nope. It was released in high def though, only as part of the $300 package

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Nope. It was released in high def though, only as part of the $300 package
    Holy $300 package eh... Strange though.. I really don't see how you can get anymore high def than FLAC or high quality MP3 files...

Also, what did the $300 package include?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Holy $300 package eh... Strange though.. I really don't see how you can get anymore high def than FLAC or high quality MP3 files...

Also, what did the $300 package include?
    The world started HiDef music files a loonnngggg time ago, this has nothing to do with flac, and... of course not mp3. Here's the link to the limited edition http://www.nin.wiki/The_Girl_With_Th...dition_Release