Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    i only looked on nullco.com/GDT, will $10 standard shipment of CDs be trackable/eligible for replace if lost/damaged?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    JUST!!! ORDERED!!! THE!!! DELUXE!!! PACK!!!

Hell Yeah

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I just noticed that the TSN vinyl is "sold out". Does this mean it was limited first time round too, and just none of us noticed?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I think the fact they've got so many prints for it, including what appears to be a tall one, would imply that.

Mind you, there weren't any for TSN
    I just want that Craig Kellerhouse Poster. That is so awesome and I bet it looks so sick when framed.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Shit !! almost 60$ for shipping but I have to buy it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninedead View Post
    funniest thing ive heard in a loooong time hahahahaha
    I was about to point out how times have changed, until i realised it was Mikey.
    You never visit us anymore Trent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex of scotland View Post
    I was about to point out how times have changed, until i realised it was Mikey.
    You never visit us anymore Trent.
    I thought he did yesterday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I must have ordered at a good time, my order went through no problem and got an e-mail confirmation from Topspin at once.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    At 4mins 31 secs on Oraculum, theres a sound reminisant of the track Private Psychedellic Reel by the chemical brothers.
    Its not the same sound, but its similar.
    Last edited by Alex of scotland; 12-03-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Love the sampler, I can't wait for this to drop.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I think the fact they've got so many prints for it, including what appears to be a tall one, would imply that.

Mind you, there weren't any for TSN
    If you look at the dimensions, they're all album art. The "so many" probably comes from how many planes there will be with imagery on them to house a 3 cd and 6 vinyl casing. The tall one could simply be a front to back wrap around for the inside or outside of the box.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Please Take Your Hand Away reminds me a lot of Ripe with decay. Awesome

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    i finally broke down and bought the deluxe edition. i started looking through my ghosts deluxe edition and i said to myself "how can i NOT buy tgwtdt deluxe edition?!?, what kind of a fan am i?!?" next thing i knew, i was out $300.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    There will be 3000 TGWTDT deluxe edition copies as opposed to 2500 Halo 26 LE copies. I wonder when the 3000 copies will sell out. I'll be watching eBay in February for the scalping prices. I'm thinking there will be new fans of TR and AR after the movie is shown in theaters. Unfortunately, the new fans won't be able to own the deluxe edition soundtrack unless they pay the scalpers on eBay in February. I'm glad that I had money saved up and don't have to pay double the price in February.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [73] View Post
    There will be 3000 TGWTDT deluxe edition copies as opposed to 2500 Halo 26 LE copies. I wonder when the 3000 copies will sell out. I'll be watching eBay in February for the scalping prices. I'm thinking there will be new fans of TR and AR after the movie is shown in theaters. Unfortunately, the new fans won't be able to own the deluxe edition soundtrack unless they pay the scalpers on eBay in February. I'm glad that I had money saved up and don't have to pay double the price in February.
    I'm really surprised that they haven't sold out yet, but at the same time I'm kind of not, considering there are an additional 500 copies compared to Ghosts and there's been such a shitstorm regarding ordering outside North America.

I'm probably going to be one of those people attempting to pay double in February on eBay, though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So anyone knows what happened to those orders of sandbag that hasn't been charged? I ordered the 300 dolar version from sandbag, but my credit card didn't get charged, I received a confirmation mail of my order though, I don't want the 300 dolar version to sold out and leaving me with nothing, should I order it from nullco?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok,I just saw the post on www.theninhotline.com about the deluxe version of TGWTDT soundtrack/score and have one question. Does the deluxe version also come with the soundtrack on cd like Ghosts did? Or is it just the vinyls and the usb drive?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    Ok,I just saw the post on www.theninhotline.com about the deluxe version of TGWTDT soundtrack/score and have one question. Does the deluxe version also come with the soundtrack on cd like Ghosts did? Or is it just the vinyls and the usb drive?
    no CD's in the deluxe edition. deluxe edition contains three copies of the album:

(96 KHz/24 Bit) Vinyl
    (96 KHz/24 Bit) USB Digital Edition [wav]
    (44.1 KHz/16 Bit) NullCo.com Digital Edition [m4a ALAC, FLAC or 320CBR mp3]

known versions of the album not contained in the deluxe edition are:
    (44.1 KHz/16 Bit) CD
    (44.1 KHz/16 Bit) iTunes Digital Edition (Special Master) [256 m4a AAC]
    Last edited by Jon; 12-04-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    thanks for the downloads! highly appreciated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have to say I'm not really happy with the preorder options...

Why is the flac download the same price as the CD? And why do you only get mp3s on Dec. 9th if you order the CD?

I would pay 20$ or 25$ for a 24/96 download. I would pay 100$ or little more for a vinyl only edition.

That being said: I love the six-track sampler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone got the GWTDT font?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snakekontrol View Post
    ...............with nothing, should I order it from nullco?
    Yes!
    Don't take any risk. You can still cancel the Sandbag order if they contact you (if they ever will).

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quasar View Post
    Anyone got the GWTDT font?
    The font was made in entirety by Neil Kellerhouse, therefore the only wasy to get it is to either make it from scratch using what we have, or find a way to ask him really nicely for it.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I would have been all over a Bluray edition, but TR mentioned on Twitter that the topic is a "long story" - I went with the FLAC download.

I'm curious to see how the tracks compare to what I've pulled from comesforthinthethaw - I have a version of what I now know as "Please Take Your Hand Away" that clocks in at 8:08, compared to 5:55 on the sampler. It doesn't quite have all the same bits, but it's mostly there. (don't ask for it until 2012 please)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I would have been all over a Bluray edition, but TR mentioned on Twitter that the topic is a "long story" - I went with the FLAC download.

I'm curious to see how the tracks compare to what I've pulled from comesforthinthethaw - I have a version of what I now know as "Please Take Your Hand Away" that clocks in at 8:08, compared to 5:55 on the sampler. It doesn't quite have all the same bits, but it's mostly there. (don't ask for it until 2012 please)
    I would have been all over a "standard" vinyl release like The Social Network - of my modest record collection, it's my favorite LP. You haven't heard anything about the potential release of a non-deluxe vinyl edition have you?

That said, after seeing/wanting/foaming at the mouth of the deluxe edition, and not being able to afford it, I went with the 3-CD version - can't wait to see the ice covered slipcase.

The sampler is fantastic, and it was great to hear a comesforthinthethaw track in full ("Please Take Your Hand Away" like you mentioned). I'm probably repeating a lot of what's already been said, but it's amazing how much of a departure this stuff is from The Social Network. Still identifiable as TR+AR of course, but these guys do not fuck around, and there's a very clear separation in terms of mood, and arrangement - kind of makes me appreciate TSN (which I adore) more in a way since that was their first outing as film composers.

I'm dying to hear the album version of the track from the full-length trailer, and I'm curious what the "dotcom" piece from the official DragonTattoo.com site is really titled.

Like a lameass, I don't think I'll dive in to the full opus until after I've seen the movie. The sampler, not to mention all the trailers, will be able to hold me over just fine.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Do we know the tracklisting for the vinyl yet? As in, what sides have what

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I changed my order from the DL to the CD version because I know the packaging is gonna be super sexy.

This is the first time I've bought a physical copy for myself. My daughter is the collector in the family, so my iTunes library comes from that or the digital downloads that have been offered the last 2 years. I'm very excited to get my CD!

ETA: Just wanted to mention that Topspin was fantastic to deal with when it came to changing my order.
    Last edited by Lisbeth; 12-04-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eurosite

Does anyone have the lslightest inkling as to whether or not the Euro order page will ever be resurrected? The prices are much, much friendlier on there.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuppyslayer View Post
    Does anyone have the lslightest inkling as to whether or not the Euro order page will ever be resurrected? The prices are much, much friendlier on there.
    I doubt it tbh, and anyway, the prices seemed a bit iffy, considering the LE's $100 difference

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know, but some folk did manage to order theirs for less than £140, which I could just about stretch my fiances for.