Loving the longer mix of "Immigrant Song" and that 6-track sampler gave me chills even though they're just MP3s. Also, that extended trailer is boss (yes, it works in the Canadian iTunes store).

Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
The description on the iTunes page linked from nin.com mentions that the soundtrack has been "Mastered for iTunes". WTF.
I've seen this "Mastered for iTunes" label on other new releases recently... it simply means they did a different re-sampling/encoding job for the M4A files than for the lossless/CD/MP3 versions. Not sure exactly what will sound different about this, but it's done ostensibly to optimize the M4A version (or at least make it as optimal as you can get at 256 kbps).

Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
USB drive contains the full album in high-fidelity 96k audio

Good god! Need to burn this to blu-ray!
No need... a simple DVD with bare menus/stills would handle 24bit 96kHz lossless stereo just fine... though you'd probably need two dual-layer DVD-Rs, since it'd have to be uncompressed PCM audio. I don't know how to author DVD-Audio, but it's supposed to be able to handle lossless compression with the MLP format, and so could probably fit on a single disc. Or you could just burn the FLACs to DVD-ROM, if your DVD/Blu-ray player supports that... and if it has a USB drive then you can probably just insert the razor drive and play the files directly.