Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh man... I totally missed that the soundtrack gets released today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, I downloaded everything, started playing it and went to bed, fell asleep son after. There were some moments when I had to wake up and be like "holy shit, that's awesome", and turn my head and sleep again. I do not know which tracks I love, but hot damn this was money well spent...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caturday View Post
    I've downloaded two other things recently, and the tracks seem to have reasonable mtimes...

Also are we sure that this download is coming from topspin? And that the zip was created by them?
    Good luck with that.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    This is typical of things I've downloaded from topspin. I wouldn't spend too much time chasing this one. I've assumed it's got something to do with the way they've got things setup.
    You are correct. The way I understand it is they like to set aside a block for the audio files (10, 25, 50, 100, etc.) so every file has a nice little number attached with it (organization).

There are 39 audio files, the numbers posted before ranged from 1980 to 2039, that's 59 (39+20). As far as Topspin is concerned they have 59 audio files connected with this release. Immigrant Song being audio track #1980, Is Your Love Strong Enough being audio track #2039.

EDIT: or whatever the numbers are, just because it's a full album doesn't mean the tracks are all numbered in order 1, 2, 3, 4... more than likely it's alphabetical rather than numerical
    Last edited by Jon; 12-09-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This score is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by dzaver View Post
    hmm... i have two different Oraculum songs... one of those is supposed to be Great Bird of Prey... interesting. does anyone else have this mistake?
    I had this too, before I fixed it up myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    great. I can't buy it. The only way to buy that thing is with using credit cards, which I don't have. You can pay with paypal express checkout, but even that requires a credit card, lol!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arachnophilia View Post
    i don't know what's going on with the files, but vinyl will almost always vary a little bit unless you have a linear-tracking turntable. the reason is that the tonearm draws an arc across the surface, whereas the cutting lathe travels straight across the radius.
    i know how vinyl works, silly!

i was referring only to the tempo difference in the digital formats. there should be no time compression or expansion used when converting files, so the BPM shouldn't differ. unless, like someone suggested earlier, it's a matter of the program recognizing the BPM across different formats, which might be the case, since the waveforms WILL slightly differ.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Can we get different threads going? Like, maybe one for batshit ARG numerology nonsense, one for bitching about download problems, and one for actual discussion of the music?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Possibly working from 7am to 7pm today. Having a three hour tour de force (a three hour tour de force) streaming repeatedly into my ears will make that much more tolerable.

Also, I think my friend Oscar would like this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Dammit, I wasn't planning on liking this one, but here I am loving it. I didn't especially like the TSN soundtrack, but did like Ghosts, and I'm getting more of that feeling from it.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    smooth download, no problems, listening

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i know how vinyl works, silly!

i was referring only to the tempo difference in the digital formats. there should be no time compression or expansion used when converting files, so the BPM shouldn't differ. unless, like someone suggested earlier, it's a matter of the program recognizing the BPM across different formats, which might be the case, since the waveforms WILL slightly differ.
    I'm pretty thorough and all this information will be posted eventually in the technical info thread, however here's a few things:

• All of my tests for tempo are done in .wav format, always, despite transcode, etc. These are throw-away files that are only used for tempo purposes. Sector boundary errors, transcodes, etc. could (theoretically) alter tempo but it's not likely; especially with 0-gen and 1-gen copies/transcodes
    • I've stated already that more than likely it's due to the different encoders used across multiple formats/platforms (this is not the same as you mentioned where it's grabbing BPM across different formats, see above)
    • Immigrant Song (LP Version) from nullco.com/immigrant reads as 119.98 BPM, the iTunes single version 1 reads as 119.99 BPM, the iTunes single version 2 and both soundtrack versions read as 120.00 BPM (keep in mind this isn't just to a tenth, it's to a hundredth of a beat so changes are much easier to spot)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The fuck! I gave up waiting last night and went to bed. I wake up today, click download and this is what I get:
    Download Unavailable

Looks like the file you tried to download is currently unavailable. This could be a temporary issue, so try again in a little while. Contact Customer Support if this problem continues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is it just me or does the last 50 seconds or so of Revealed in the Thaw remind anyone of the track that was going around that was said to be "unreleased" NIN?

Starting at the 1:44 mark:

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Wow, I've never heard that before. I wonder who it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just listening now, I like very much what I'm hearing so far, got as far as An Itch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm 10 tracks into my second full listen. I have to say, this stuff sounds a lot better to me on second listen for some reason. I enjoyed the first listen, but i'm loving it this time around. Serious 'Still' vibes on 'One Particular Moment'.

Edit: There is a definite returning motif throughout this record. That exact same low, evil sounding drone first heard in 'She Reminds Me Of You' returns at least three times. Unless im just going crazy.
    Last edited by The Reason Being; 12-09-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'm pretty thorough and all this information will be posted eventually in the technical info thread, however here's a few things:

• All of my tests for tempo are done in .wav format, always, despite transcode, etc. These are throw-away files that are only used for tempo purposes. Sector boundary errors, transcodes, etc. could (theoretically) alter tempo but it's not likely; especially with 0-gen and 1-gen copies/transcodes
    • I've stated already that more than likely it's due to the different encoders used across multiple formats/platforms (this is not the same as you mentioned where it's grabbing BPM across different formats, see above)
    • Immigrant Song (LP Version) from nullco.com/immigrant reads as 119.98 BPM, the iTunes single version 1 reads as 119.99 BPM, the iTunes single version 2 and both soundtrack versions read as 120.00 BPM (keep in mind this isn't just to a tenth, it's to a hundredth of a beat so changes are much easier to spot)
    what are you using to detect BPM? most calculation programs are utter shit, as they tend to factor in leading and trailing silences and fading (etc.), which completely throw off the algorithm. there isn't a single file for this soundtrack that will have the sound file beginning exactly at bar 1 nor ending at exactly the last bar, and these are integral to most programs' methods of calculating BPM.

the best way, imo, is always to grab an exact-to-the-sample loop, paying attention to the time signature, and throwing it into Apple's Loop Utility. i have yet to find a faster, more accurate way. (this tends to be impossible with ambient, non-rhythmic tracks.)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    The fuck! I gave up waiting last night and went to bed. I wake up today, click download and this is what I get:
    Download Unavailable

Looks like the file you tried to download is currently unavailable. This could be a temporary issue, so try again in a little while. Contact Customer Support if this problem continues.

Nobody else had this problem?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This has probably been covered, but is anybody else having trouble downloading pre-orders through iTunes? The iTunes Store still thinks I have no pre-orders available for download, or sometimes I get a "5002" error. Frustrated and ready to dig into this album.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Working on assignments and listening. A Thousand Details is ace.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Do what they say. Contact Customer Support if this problem continues.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I didn't have that problem, but I understand others have and they got around it by going to the "Live Receipt" page by clicking on the link and found that the download link worked from there. Have you tried that yet?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdot View Post
    This has probably been covered, but is anybody else having trouble downloading pre-orders through iTunes? The iTunes Store still thinks I have no pre-orders available for download, or sometimes I get a "5002" error. Frustrated and ready to dig into this album.
    iTunes took preorders???

Did you actually order from the null Web site? If so, you should have gotten a new e-mail last night/this morning with a link to the download. Check your spam folder. Or find your original pre-order e-mail and click on the part at the top that says "Your Live Receipt will always have the latest information about your order." The download link should be live in that.
    Last edited by jessamineny; 12-09-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    I didn't have that problem, but I understand others have and they got around it by going to the "Live Receipt" page by clicking on the link and found that the download link worked from there. Have you tried that yet?
    This seems to be the workaround. Worked for me.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I did email them and they just emailed me back with a new link, but in the time between my email and theirs my dl from what.cd finished, so... all's well that ends well.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Can we get different threads going? Like, maybe one for batshit ARG numerology nonsense, one for bitching about download problems, and one for actual discussion of the music?
    yes, please...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    From the look of the liner notes, 42Entertainment did the ARG again

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i never got the download link even though i'd pre-ordered, so, i just went to demonoid and snagged a flac copy. *shrug* easy fix. i could have e-mailed topspin i suppose, but, the other option was there and it was quicker.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i extracted the last page of the PDF so i could use it as a desktop wallpaper, and that's working fine, but i can't seem to upload it anywhere to share with everyone. what gives?