Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Damn right I will! I need more super jumbo editions of stuff Trent puts out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wish I could afford to say "Shut up and take my money". Digital only for me sadly.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Wow, it's great to have ETS up and running. Not a minute too soon, given the wave of news coming forward regarding the soundtrack, HTDA, etc. I cannot wait to get my hands on these pieces, even if the super duper deluxe NIN freak edition of the soundtrack puts me in debt for the next few months. That Youtube R.U. clip was amazing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn. I guess we'll have to see the price on the six vinyl set. I have all of this money saved up, and now I might have to splurge. This score should be amazing. Almost three hours of music from TR and AR makes me even more excited to get this score!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok,I just saw the post on www.theninhotline.com about the deluxe version of TGWTDT soundtrack/score and have one question. Does the deluxe version also come with the soundtrack on cd like Ghosts did? Or is it just the vinyls and the usb drive?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    Ok,I just saw the post on www.theninhotline.com about the deluxe version of TGWTDT soundtrack/score and have one question. Does the deluxe version also come with the soundtrack on cd like Ghosts did? Or is it just the vinyls and the usb drive?
    no CD's in the deluxe edition. deluxe edition contains three copies of the album:

(96 KHz/24 Bit) Vinyl
    (96 KHz/24 Bit) USB Digital Edition [wav]
    (44.1 KHz/16 Bit) NullCo.com Digital Edition [m4a ALAC, FLAC or 320CBR mp3]

known versions of the album not contained in the deluxe edition are:
    (44.1 KHz/16 Bit) CD
    (44.1 KHz/16 Bit) iTunes Digital Edition (Special Master) [256 m4a AAC]
    Last edited by Jon; 12-04-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool Mediafire LINKS!

No links to copyrighted material.
    Last edited by ltrandazzo; 12-09-2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Edited by Lt. Randazzo

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    In the song, Hidden in Snow, what instrument is responsible for the metallic string sound?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy_of_an_Echo View Post
    In the song, Hidden in Snow, what instrument is responsible for the metallic string sound?
    Sounds like a piano, but with stuff shoved in between the strings to make them rattle when struck.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Sounds like a piano, but with stuff shoved in between the strings to make them rattle when struck.
    that would be a prepared piano
    i've always thought there should be a better term for modifying an instrument in such a way. "prepared" doesn't seem specific enough.

side note: my guitar teacher in high school taught me about "prepared guitar" and several times we put tape or pencils on or between our strings and just make noise for the hour of my lesson.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    that would be a prepared piano
    i've always thought there should be a better term for modifying an instrument in such a way. "prepared" doesn't seem specific enough.

side note: my guitar teacher in high school taught me about "prepared guitar" and several times we put tape or pencils on or between our strings and just make noise for the hour of my lesson.
    Maybe it is a prepared piano. I think he used one for the song Leaving Hope too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's interesting to see Trent's facebook post on Gone Girl, saying that "this looks like our best work yet." He's probably right, but to my ears, I think I am probably more impressed by TGWTDT. I'm just trying to absorb it right now with a good pair of monitor headphones and I'm always blown away by these guys.

Just finished listening to the song, "One Particular Moment" and I am really impressed by the subtlety in all the sounds, especially the bass. It starts off hardly even there, just a rumble, a feeling. That's kool. This is music heard in dreams to me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's interesting to see Trent's facebook post on Gone Girl, saying that "this looks like our best work yet." He's probably right, but to my ears, I think I am probably more impressed by TGWTDT. I'm just trying to absorb it right now with a good pair of monitor headphones and I'm always blown away by these guys.

Just finished listening to the song, "One Particular Moment" and I am really impressed by the subtlety in all the sounds, especially the bass. It starts off hardly even there, just a rumble, a feeling. That's kool. This is music heard in dreams to me.
    I love how these guys make sounds just appear from nothing. They catch you by surprise.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Was the score for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo ever released in surround sound? Also, where can I find the link where I can download the surround sound NIN mixes?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Was the score for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo ever released in surround sound? Also, where can I find the link where I can download the surround sound NIN mixes?
    Nope. It was released in high def though, only as part of the $300 package

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Nope. It was released in high def though, only as part of the $300 package
    Holy $300 package eh... Strange though.. I really don't see how you can get anymore high def than FLAC or high quality MP3 files...

Also, what did the $300 package include?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Holy $300 package eh... Strange though.. I really don't see how you can get anymore high def than FLAC or high quality MP3 files...

Also, what did the $300 package include?
    The world started HiDef music files a loonnngggg time ago, this has nothing to do with flac, and... of course not mp3. Here's the link to the limited edition http://www.nin.wiki/The_Girl_With_Th...dition_Release

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    There had better be a BD release of this

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is it actually confirmed that the soundtrack's being released tomorrow? I thought I read that 'more details' were coming, not a definite release? Anyway, count me excited for this. The thought of three discs of new music is an enough to make me pass out. Going to be hard to find the time/dedication to listen to it all in one go though..

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Is it actually confirmed that the soundtrack's being released tomorrow? I thought I read that 'more details' were coming, not a definite release? Anyway, count me excited for this. The thought of three discs of new music is an enough to make me pass out. Going to be hard to find the time/dedication to listen to it all in one go though..
    Tomorrow is more details, from what some sites are saying, the 5th will be download day, and 27th will be physical day

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    There had better be a BD release of this
    I hope so! I would sooooo buy it!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    between Underworld and TR/AR this is shaping up to be an expensive weekend...

i've seen 2 (perhaps 3?) different TV spots for TGWTDT; is there a comprehensive list somewhere of all the trailers/teasers/tv spots/etc.?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    between Underworld and TR/AR this is shaping up to be an expensive weekend...

i've seen 2 (perhaps 3?) different TV spots for TGWTDT; is there a comprehensive list somewhere of all the trailers/teasers/tv spots/etc.?
    http://trailers.apple.com/

Search for the movie...should have all trailers listed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can not wait for this film to be released!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tgwtdt

Please update this thread with any known release info - I was counting on the 12-2

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackk View Post
    Please update this thread with any known release info - I was counting on the 12-2
    2nd December is announcement day
    27th December is physical release day

From what some sites are saying, 5th December is digital release day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Three discs?
    shit!

that almost guarantees about 45-60 tracks on this sonabitch!
    This is gonna be like sifting through ghosts for the first time.
    Also, i'm struggling to find Trent's biggest composition for this years Academy Awards as well. It's unlikely he'll win twice in a row and hell we haven't even heard the soundtrack yet, but just sayin''

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Where did the date of the 5th come from?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Where did the date of the 5th come from?
    Lots of sites started reporting it, before we even knew the 2nd. It's not clear of the source, but it seems possible.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    Three discs?
    shit!

that almost guarantees about 45-60 tracks on this sonabitch!
    This is gonna be like sifting through ghosts for the first time.
    Also, i'm struggling to find Trent's biggest composition for this years Academy Awards as well. It's unlikely he'll win twice in a row and hell we haven't even heard the soundtrack yet, but just sayin''
    I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but the Academy seems way too pretentious to even consider a 3 disc score. It's an awesome miracle that they considered and awarded TR&AR for Social Network, but I really just don't see them even openly diving into a 3 disc set.

Like I said, though. I could be wrong, and I hope that I am. I would love to even see just a Nomination two years in a row.