Page 521 of 527 FirstFirst ... 21 421 471 511 519 520 521 522 523 ... LastLast
Results 15,601 to 15,630 of 15809

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    NIN songs that I didn't like before, but that I like now.

- Underneath It All
    - Demon Seed
    Come to think of it, Underneath It All into Demon Seed would sound great live.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i wear my “we’re in this together 2020” hat quite a bit still and today the guy behind the counter read it. i said “the song” and he said everyone was saying it in 2020…. i was like oh this band (pointing to nin logo) put this hat out that year because they have a song called that. he said he’d listen to it. i can’t wait for him to hear it. i should’ve gotten his info so i could follow up. like i can’t even imagine what he thinks it will sound like based on that one line but i bet you it’s nothing like whatever he thought.
    speaking of that hat...why is it so tall? I remember hats that were domes to fit your head into and now they're this monstrosity that sticks up.

Old man yelling at clouds, I guess.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I got absolutely bamboozled by this today

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post

I like how they have a Gen X/Millenial day and a boomer day haha

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    That's so cool that they got the Beatles. That musta been hard.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I wonder if the next NIN album will be more concerned with things that could have been, or more about things that used to be.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I wonder if the next NIN album will be more concerned with things that could have been, or more about things that used to be.
    or about what he has become

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I like how they have a Gen X/Millenial day and a boomer day haha
    But Thin Lizzy / Kiss are on the NIN day and the Pumpkins and Radiohead play with Elvis. I'd say it's a good mix of both.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I love this YouTube channel so much

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post

Honestly, if that were real, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Even if you remove the bands that couldn't possibly be there, a festival with NIN, Ghost, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, and Rage Against the Machine would be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    That's so cool that they got the Beatles. That musta been hard.
    Probably about as hard as booking Nirvana.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    speaking of that hat...why is it so tall? I remember hats that were domes to fit your head into and now they're this monstrosity that sticks up.

Old man yelling at clouds, I guess.
    coz they’re fitting all those words on there. “together” is a lot of real estate.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    lol fair enough.

When I got it, my wife said it looked like a black MAGA hat with how tall it is and it put me off it for awhile.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    lol fair enough.

When I got it, my wife said it looked like a black MAGA hat with how tall it is and it put me off it for awhile.
    my experience is MAGA doesn’t like the hat. i’ve had a few run ins and well, all i need to know about someone is how they react to the hat. its a good screening tool for randoms.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    If/when they tour again I wish he’d pull Right Where it Belongs out the vault… the stripped down version or an adaptation of the album version. Either way, bring it back Trent I’m begging you lol

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    If/when they tour again I wish he’d pull Right Where it Belongs out the vault… the stripped down version or an adaptation of the album version. Either way, bring it back Trent I’m begging you lol
    Amen. It hits me even harder than Hurt does, sometimes.

I also LOVE In This Twilight with Zero Sum outro as a closer, too: for me, that song is dark but hopeful.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    the ending never feels as LOUD as i want it to (especially the album version). with the extreme dynamics of the quiet bridge of "with teeth" coming back to the loud part, i always want that same effect for BYIT :/

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the ending never feels as LOUD as i want it to (especially the album version). with the extreme dynamics of the quiet bridge of "with teeth" coming back to the loud part, i always want that same effect for BYIT :/
    Wait, you mean RWIB? Or BYIT?

The loud part coming in on BYIT, like a fucking dam of emotion and feeling just, exploding, is absolutely one of my favourite NIN moments.

And goddamnit, I've never seen BYIT, live. I was too drunk for the With Teeth tour...not the Dallas date, but ALL of the dates...and the next couple of years.
    That was my "Leaving Las Vegas" phase.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Wait, you mean RWIB? Or BYIT?

The loud part coming in on BYIT, like a fucking dam of emotion and feeling just, exploding, is absolutely one of my favourite NIN moments.

And goddamnit, I've never seen BYIT, live. I was too drunk for the With Teeth tour...not the Dallas date, but ALL of the dates...and the next couple of years.
    That was my "Leaving Las Vegas" phase.
    yeah, in BYIT. i feel like it's supposed to fucking PUMMEL you and it just like...gets more full? but not louder?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    yeah, in BYIT. i feel like it's supposed to fucking PUMMEL you and it just like...gets more full? but not louder?
    I could do something about that.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I feel like it hits hard on the record; I've not seen BYIT live. (I was dead during the with teeth cycle).

That song also has a different meaning, for me, than the stated/consensus meaning. I think of dead friends, and my estranged-ish father...not Mr. Self Desteuct.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Come to think of it, Underneath It All into Demon Seed would sound great live.
    God. If I get to see "Demon Seed" live, at all, I will absolutely scream like a bitch. I didn't get the logo tattooed on my arm for nothing. (For reference, it looks exactly like the one on the ETS splash page.) But that would be a great transition.

It was the only song I was REALLY hoping for in 2018, but you know what? I'll settle for being there for the live debuts of "The Perfect Drug" (with @elevenism , what a night) and "And All That Could Have Been." I just assumed both of those would never happen, and then I got to see both within like five weeks of each other.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @ImTheWiseJanitor we literally jumped up and hugged each other in the air, screaming like lunatics when TPD started. That's how I remember it, at least.
    Man idk what was better: those two nights, or LITS Tulsa in '09, our original attempted meetup. One had the insane setlists, and the other changed concert lighting forever.

And I think about walking down the hill, and seeing this dude we'd parked next to (edit: not me and the janitor: rather, me and my wife,) who had a big ass NIN logo on his truck.

He was bitching about the setlist. I said "DUDE. We just saw NIN play TPD for the FIRST time!"
    He said "No we didn't, they play it all the time. You don't know what you're talking about. What, is it gonna be on Rock Feed tomorrow?"

I said "bro, I'm not sure what 'rock feed' is. I don't really know what to say."

Then he REMOVED the big NIN logo from his truck: it was just a magnet, and took off, looking like he'd just eaten a bite of a shit sandwich.

I have no problem with casual fans, don't get me wrong, and I'm nowhere near the MOST obsessive, but goddamn. We had wildly different subjective experiences, me and NIN Truck Guy.
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-06-2023 at 08:13 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    What if they close the show with The Background World, complete with 7 minute noise loop. A test of endurance? :P

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I feel like it hits hard on the record; I've not seen BYIT live. (I was dead during the with teeth cycle).

That song also has a different meaning, for me, than the stated/consensus meaning. I think of dead friends, and my estranged-ish father...not Mr. Self Desteuct.
    ah, see, i feel like even on the album it doesn't hit the way i want it to, idunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    ah, see, i feel like even on the album it doesn't hit the way i want it to, idunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I think I turn it up sometimes

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    What if they close the show with The Background World, complete with 7 minute noise loop. A test of endurance? :P
    That would actually be cool. But I mean, there's cool for us, and cool for the people who wanna hear Fuck You Like An Animal, Hurt, and HLAH.

Fake NIN Truck Guy just wanted to hear Fuck You Like An Animal.

I wanna hear Leaving Hope, as all lights slowly fade to pitch black, followed by ITT encore with EXTRA Zero Sum.

Like, perhaps, a good bit of Zero Sum.
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-07-2023 at 11:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Downward Spiral & Bullseye!

maybe I am starting to hear things...
    ...but this reminds me of TDS motif

delete if this has been discussed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Remember when NIN appeared on UK Saturday Morning Kids show CDUK?

I feel we don't discuss this enough.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex of scotland View Post

Wow, that was the best part of 20 years ago. I remember seeing it live, before I even knew or got into NIN.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex of scotland View Post

Never knew NIN did "Top of the Pops"