Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1367

Thread: Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just listened to it all.

You know...'I Can't keep It Together' is alright. But doesn't grab me that much. So I ordered the vinyl more from loyalty. I was still expecting to enjoy it, but not love it.

So I played it, 'I Can't Keep It Together' is still, okay. Nothing great. Then 'Ice Age' came on. Instantly fell in love. From there it just got better and better. Great work guys.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    It's called Keep It Together #readingthelinernotes

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Grabbed an animated youtube ad, anyone wanna convert this into a .gif? http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...EyCEJHA4y3wrsC
    And this one http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...QyCDYsKfq5d0DC
    #3 http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...Mgh_hnGEUEqNPA

Reckon there'll be more than banner, column and square?
    Last edited by sheepdean; 11-16-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    The Loop Closes is pretty much HDTA's version of Into The Void.
    my impression was more like Me, I'm Not pt. 2

--edit--
    looking how flac files are tagged. genre = Alternative, except 2nd track (Electronic). but that one's almost acoustic, isn't it?
    does mp3 download have the same tags?
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 11-17-2012 at 04:28 AM. Reason: meanwhile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    both of you are wrong

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rolling Stone Magazine review (4/5 stars), referencing Rob and Atticus as "NIN cronies":
    By Will Hermes
    November 13, 2012
    Nine Inch Nails fronted by a hot femme singer? Why didn't anyone think of it sooner? That's exaggerating the MO of this electro-pop collective (Trent Reznor, his wife, Mariqueen Maandig, NIN cronies Atticus Ross and Rob Sheridan), but not entirely. Clocking in at 30-plus minutes, this debut EP is a small masterpiece of downtempo sound sculpture, finely detailed and often as gorgeous as it is discomforting. "I feel the skin that separates us start to fade/And when I lie on top of you, I'm afraid," Maandig intones over a crushingly low frequency bass line on "Keep It Together," her ghost-babe vocals joining Reznor's butch croak near the end for a night-sweat duet. The semi-acoustic "Ice Age" sounds like Beck and Tom Waits conjuring a Stevie Nicks song. But imagine its antsy melody, swarming groove and bleak verses presented in Reznor's usual mode – howling industrial psychedelia – and his imprint is unmistakable. More, please.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/al...#ixzz2CWUERWPo

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Debut EP. Nice.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

You had me at "ghost-babe"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    -Ice Age-
    "But imagine its antsy melody, swarming groove and bleak verses presented in Reznor's usual mode – howling industrial psychedelia – and his imprint is unmistakable"

Well spoken! Exactly my thought too!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Debut EP. Nice.
    Poor actual debut EP. I personally loved the original EP. Its never given enough credit i my opinion
    Last edited by Shnoorum; 11-17-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Nope, you're catching my (arrogant) mistake.
    Also no complaints from me re the slip being referenced positively.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tweeted by Rob: http://qz.com/28210/spotifys-plan-fo...l-apart-first/
    Spotify "believes that the music industry will stop pressing CDs within 18 months." We all know how Trent was/is a big Spotify supporter. So... maybe that helps add to the reasoning why there is no physical CD.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I read a post made by someone on the internet that said this e.p. was as undesirable as acoustic NIN. You have no idea how hard I wished I had the ability to punch someone through the computer screen in that moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Yeah, a very interesting review. I disagree with much of it, but it doesn't upset me because it's obvious that the person who wrote this is well-informed, and a big enough fan to be able to write what they think referencing all that they know and love of Trent's convoluted history. I'm always ok with having differences of opinion with people who are also fans, and not just "fair weather fans" or reviewers just doing a job.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Arrived today. And this whole time I had it in my head that the EP was a 10". Huh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhulud View Post
    Arrived today. And this whole time I had it in my head that the EP was a 10". Huh.

I too got a package in the mail today:

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    As much as I love the debut EP, I think I REALLY like this EP more. The new direction (artistically and musically) is just stellar. If the full-length is a combination of the styles in both EPs, I'll be extremely satisfied.

I'm still holding out for a tour of HTDA/Sonoio/Big Black Delta. A man can dream.

PLEASE TRENT.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Please, keep the barrel rolls in the Aussie thread.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I pretty much agree with most of that review above. I too grew a bit tired of this ambient/"Ghosts"/soundtrack-ish type of songs from the Reznor Camp, which most of the EP is made of. It's certainly very well produced and therefore alone it's interesting and worth a listen, but ultimately lacks some kind of element of suprise for me to keep coming back to it.

"Ice Age", featuring banjo and happy melody, possesses said element, but - in my opinion - suffers from the (character lacking) vocals, which wouldn't bother me, wouldn't the song go on for about seven minutes. I get the concept behind the song and it's production... to give it this icy feel... but I feel they've cut its qualities by giving it their standard soundtrack-treatment.

The same with "The Sleep Of Reason...". Yeah, I get it... cutting the song before a climax is reached as an equivalent to wake up or get woken up from a deep sleep or nightmare. It's really not that exciting of a concept to me. I don't see the point in it? You only can do the "song evolves slowy until it's finished" trick so often. This one strongly feels like an previously unreleased song from the TGWTDT sessions.

For me the debut EP was way more exciting for highlights like "Fur-Lined", "BBB" or "The Believers", which kicked ass, were funky, sexy AND intriguing. "An Omen" (no, I won't bow down to this pretentious "Htda_" crap) on the other hand would be certainly more interesting, hadn't they already released almost a hundred(!!!) ambient/drone-ish type of songs in the last four years. So, since they kept announcing the new HTDA as their next big statement (musically speaking - with all the major label talk, posters, banners, ads, etc.), I can't help but feel a bit disappointed. I'll pick up the full length, of course, but my expectations have been lowered.

I hope this doesn't qualify me as 'cunt' . Also I'm loving the Sitek remix a lot more than the original version of KIT.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    as much as i like this ep and the previous one i think is your love strong enough? is, by far, the best thing they have released. i would like to hear more straight-forward tracks like that in the future, but maybe that just isn't their thing...
    Last edited by buckaroo; 11-19-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    For the collectors, got the order from german online store JPC of the An Omen EP_ today.

Released on Sony Music, same barcode, no sticker on shrink wrap. Contains a download card, but the code won't work. Made in the EU.
    Last edited by thetourist; 11-20-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thetourist View Post
    Made in the EU.
    So, 2 versions of the EP I take it?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhulud View Post

As far I can see: the promo vinyl is sealed too?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    As far I can see: the promo vinyl is sealed too?
    Yes, it is sealed as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Funny, I also thought the vinyl was 10".

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Has anyone compared the vinyl download from Columbia to the Topspin files?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Sorry if already posted.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

Download from Columbia is 320k CBR mp3. I did the flac from topspin so I can't compare, I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I'm still holding out for a tour of HTDA/Sonoio/Big Black Delta. A man can dream.

PLEASE TRENT.
    OMG...that would be orgasmic!!!