Page 82 of 135 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I honestly wish the guy would get clean, see a therapist, and get out of the spotlight until he's healthy enough to perform.
    This (but I secretly wish for Jake the Snake Roberts DDP yoga-style documentary in the process).

I don't think he really took the death of his father well, things seem to have escalated after that.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Oh, I can't believe I didn't already comment on Marilyn Manson always being "on".

I have to say that I'm also not a fan of that either. I've been around people that feel the desire/need to be "on" 24/7/365 and I'm at the point where enough is really enough and tend to avoid talking to them.

I get his point of doing it to mess with "stupid questions" or just him trying to have a sense of humor, but if you do that all the time, especially in his case with the interviews or how he acts on stage, then it's perfectly understandable why a lot of fans would turn on that too. I'll also admit that it's highly indefensible, and a sign that not all is right as I've been guilty of trying too hard myself when it came to speaking in certain ways and trying to fit in. Now I just tend to stay in the background more and more.

I think that's one of the reasons why I never really bothered with his interviews that much.

I guess it's easy to brush it off when you don't know him personally, but dealing with people that like in person has helped me understand why people can't stand it. And not that Marilyn Manson is the only one that does it either (I know it all too well as somebody that's followed Ministry, Kid Rock, Insane Clown Posse and Slipknot just to name a few examples.), but I now see what you guys mean with a lot more clarity this time around.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 08-21-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    You are not paying to see Marilyn Manson.

You are paying to see an alcoholic Brian Warner slur his way through songs he helped write over 20 years ago.

You are paying to see an alcoholic Brian Warner who is no longer even remotely close to the capability he had in 2009, well after Marilyn Manson ended.

Marilyn Manson broke up in 2005.

This is a drunk doing drunk karaoke.
    You are totally right! I've been a big Marilyn Manson fan since I first heard their Down in The Park cover back in 1995. I've seen them 6 times since the Holywood tour in 2001 and this month in Winnipeg was definitely the worst show yet. Some songs he sang well, others he just repeated the same part over and over, others he'd try to get the band to stop playing so he could talk to the audience and try to get the audience to sing along, but they were just not into chanting "Satan" over and over.

It was a very sad and disappointing show, and the songs that he did sing well just came off as a Karaoke night. Manson's new band members seem like a bunch of 20 year old nobodies, and when he'd stumble his way towards the guitar player you could see him back away like "get away from me freak".

I tried to go in with low expectations since this is the only concert I'm going to this year so far and I tried to enjoy being at the show but thank goodness Rob Zombie played that night too otherwise I would have wanted a refund. And when Zombie comes out with John 5 and Ginger Fish and they play like professionals it makes Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Tweens look even worse.
    Last edited by fishtifer; 08-22-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    . I've seen them 6 times since the Holywood tour in 2001.
    That was a fantastic tour! My first MM show was on that tour as well. That was probably his last good tour before he started going off the rails. I'm super envious of anyone that got to see an ACSS or Mechanical Animals show. Those are probably the best eras of his career. I'm just glad I got to see him while he was still "with it".

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Same here, at least I got to see him 3 times before he "retired".

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I don't enjoy shitting on him, you know? This was a guy who was a major influence and guiding figure through my adolescent and teenage years. It hurts me to see him like this, but I can't in good conscience say to myself this is the band or even guy I grew up with.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I don't enjoy shitting on him, you know? This was a guy who was a major influence and guiding figure through my adolescent and teenage years. It hurts me to see him like this, but I can't in good conscience say to myself this is the band or even guy I grew up with.
    I felt the same way and I was getting pissed off with all the negative posts on this thread before my MM concert in Winnipeg this month, I was thinking how bad can he really be? - Pretty bad it turns out It probably didn't help that my last shows were the 2 NIN shows in Vegas last December, and 2 Radiohead shows in Montreal, and ohGr, Alice Cooper and Jack White in Calgary - Man last year was a good year for concerts!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    I felt the same way and I was getting pissed off with all the negative posts on this thread before my MM concert in Winnipeg this month, I was thinking how bad can he really be? - Pretty bad it turns out It probably didn't help that my last shows were the 2 NIN shows in Vegas last December, and 2 Radiohead shows in Montreal, and ohGr, Alice Cooper and Jack White in Calgary - Man last year was a good year for concerts!
    Agreeded, I have seen so many of my favorite bands in the last year it's unreal. Henry Rollins, NIN, Tool twice, System of a Down/Primus/Ghost all for the first time. Also the Dope/Devildriver/Static-X show, Mastodon for the first time since 2006 and Slipknot for the first time since 2004!

Manson was just such a let down, and like what @Shadaloo said, he was a HUGE part of my formative years, I don't like bagging on the guy. If I wasn't still a fan, I wouldn't have gone through all the trouble to tape him here in SF, which in it self was such a disappointing performance! Mansboob is shit faced throughout! And my tape sounds near perfect too, no crowd noise and crystal clear. But I'd rather listen to other people's tapes from back when he gave a damn.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 08-23-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    2018 was probably my best year for concerts as well! I saw the majority of my favorites — A Perfect Circle (x2), Tool, Alice in Chains, Avenged Sevenfold, Ghost, Cake, Ben Folds, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, NIN (x2), Atmosphere, Prof (x3), Foo Fighters — all in one year. I think I've seen pretty much all of my favorites between 2017 and this year, it's been a good 3 years in a row, really. I kinda wish I had caught the Manson/Zombie show in Fargo (I've never seen either), but I would have had to drive there and go by myself because none of my friends are fans of MM. It sounds like he's been mostly terrible live the last several years anyway, so it would have been a gamble. Did anyone catch the Fargodome show and if so, was he "good" that night?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I sometimes feel like an outsider here because the only time I've seen MM (last year in Europe), he did a pretty decent show. Of course nowhere hear the level of his golden years, but good nethertheless. He was perfectly sober, didn't slur mumble through songs and even hit a few high notes I wasn't expecting him to.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I sometimes feel like an outsider here because the only time I've seen MM (last year in Europe), he did a pretty decent show. Of course nowhere hear the level of his golden years, but good nethertheless. He was perfectly sober, didn't slur mumble through songs and even hit a few high notes I wasn't expecting him to.
    He's essentially a wild card now.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    He's essentially a wild card now.
    Accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    A. I couldn’t resist; and
    B. This is an excellent cover.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    ^^ literally the first thing I thought (at first I thought he meant that he did the song live at that show and I was floored...then I re-read it. Whoops.)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    A. I couldn’t resist; and
    B. This is an excellent cover.
    From the soundtrack that also included this;

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just got this today and it sounds great! Tracklisting is correct to, as I heard some boots are mislabeled.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Just got this today and it sounds great! Tracklisting is correct to, as I heard some boots are mislabeled.

How much did that run ya and where did you get it?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    https://rollinrecs.com/marilyn-manso...ist-superstar/

Looks like he's out of stock now, but will probably get more soon. Normally $60 but he had a handful with slight cover damage and I managed to snag one for $30. The damage is very minimal so I'm happy with it.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Just got my hands on this pink variant of the Holywood bootleg....I'll clean it here soon before playing it and then give a review. The jacket is just like the ACSS jacket but this one actually comes with an insert.

(sorry for the GIANT photos, imgur doesn't resize them it seems)

and it seems these do come with the usual bootleg defects...hopefully this doesn't effect play

The original pressing didn't come with this bonus track, right?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Legit question

Why buy a bootleg of an album on vinyl? Wouldnt the master be the digital version anyway? Im really curious.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Legit question

Why buy a bootleg of an album on vinyl? Wouldnt the master be the digital version anyway? Im really curious.
    when i sold all my MM albums on discogs last year, i got $200 for my original pressing of Holy Wood, and that was at the low end of what people were asking for it. i'm guessing that's a big factor. (i had bought it at amoeba records in west hollywood in 2002 for $25 and only played it three times)

also, @NotoriousTIMP you are correct, the original pressing did not have that as a bonus track

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    The original pressing didn't come with this bonus track, right?
    I checked mine and you are correct, no bonus track nor does it have an insert. Then again, as far as an insert is concerned, the damn thing is close to 20 years old and any insert might have been lost in the shuffle. Bootleg or not, its awesome you got a copy of HolyWood.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Happy 21st birthday to Mechanical Animals.
    Damn... We're old. I remember buying this record the day it was released like it was yesterday.
    Good times. Great record.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    If you're still interested, the guy I bought this from just restocked. He's got both mint copies for $50 and cosmetically damaged copies like the one I have for $30.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    If you're still interested, the guy I bought this from just restocked. He's got both mint copies for $50 and cosmetically damaged copies like the one I have for $30.

Really debating buying one of his "reissues" of Mechanical Animals, since it doesn't seem like it'll be reprinted anytime soon.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    MARILYN MANSON To Play Viking Death Metal Singer In 'American Gods' Season 3

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ma...HccZsChUZp4jMU

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninhead View Post
    Really debating buying one of his "reissues" of Mechanical Animals, since it doesn't seem like it'll be reprinted anytime soon.
    I’m considering this too. Do this guys pressings sound good?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    I’m considering this too. Do this guys pressings sound good?

He doesn't press them, he just sells them. But I found the same copy of MA at my local shop and it sounds pretty great to me. The only minor annoyance is since it uses the CD sequence, there are some crossfading issues between sides. But as far as the overall sound quality, I have some legit albums that sound worse.

And I only listened to AS once so far, but I think that one might sound even better. Helps that that album has a dirtier sound though, so maybe it can just hide it's flaws better than the crisp production of MA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Legit question

Correct. The vinyl bootleg would be vastly inferior to CD or even 320 mp3. It's like a worse version of dubbing a copy of your friend's cassette onto your own. Not to mention you have to specifically master for vinyl vs digital.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Haha, damn... You know a Manson show is bad even when the Facebook comments are shitting on it...

Manson played the Aftershock festival tonight, and they shared a photo on FB of him and the comments are amazing!

"Manson was terrible, shouldn’t have been even allowed to perform in that state"

"This is why I won't pay to see him anymore. Drunkass gong show."

"I didn't realize we were going to see a comedy show."

"For the love of rock, please don't bring Marilyn Manson back.
    This is the fifth time I've seen him, and my second time seeing him at Aftershock. Every single time, he's always drunk, stumbling, and slurring through his songs. Tonight was embarrassing.
    There's so many other great artists that deserve to be near the headline position over him."

"How drunk was he?? My first time seeing him...sadly, not impressed ..left early"

"Maybe let a band that deserves to be there, that wants to interact with their audience and has their crap together take the time slot. I've seen Manson at least 8 times now and each performance gets worse and worse."

and so on and so on and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Someone please remind me that I shouldn't buy tickets for the LA gig....someone....please.....anyone....
    I hope to god you never bought tickets to that LA gig... and if you're still on the fence and need further reassurance, just let these comments speak for themselves.