Page 138 of 182 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,140 of 5434

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    That thing I order above is coming from Russia, but due to apparently Russian to English translation issues, it is coming from "Rumowt, Russian Federation". Phonetically it makes sense but I'm kinda surprised the Cyrillic just didn't translate the English name of the town, Khabarovsk...

But it makes me smile that they tried...
    RUMOWT is a code for logistics center. RU is for Russia, MOW is for Moscow.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    RUMOWT is a code for logistics center. RU is for Russia, MOW is for Moscow.
    I like that it might have a different answer but what's the T for?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I like that it might have a different answer but what's the T for?
    Nothing really, just an index (a, b, c... etc)
    Here's all of them: https://wheremy.com/ems-post-tracking/ru-ems-tracking-russia-ems-russian-post-subsidiary-of-fsue-russian-post

If you're interested, 'Rumowt' doesn't mean anything in Russian, phonetically.
    Last edited by fillow; 09-11-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Nothing really, just an index (a, b, c... etc)
    Here's all of them: https://wheremy.com/ems-post-tracking/ru-ems-tracking-russia-ems-russian-post-subsidiary-of-fsue-russian-post

If you're interested, 'Rumowt' doesn't mean anything in Russian, phonetically.
    Neat!

Oh, I never meant that in Russian it make sense... but as a weird English phoentically it does. "Remote" Russia make me smile... (and considering where it's coming from).

From a logistics side, since it went to Moscow, I'm guessing that there isn't an international sorting facility on eastern border with the Pacific.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I'm guessing that there isn't an international sorting facility on eastern border with the Pacific.
    I'm pretty sure Vladivostok and Blagoveschensk have international facilities, but they're working with China/Japan/rest of SE Asia and Oceania. Stuff going to America is likely routed through Atlantic even if the destination point is closer to West coast.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    After a pretty downer year i'm trying to set up some long term goals to help keep spirit's up.

First i'm building a PC (for Cyberpunk mainly) so i'm saving for that, probably build it around Jan. Next i'm thinking about taking a short 3 night trip to Japan, just to experience it. I'm not one for travelling alone, but i'll never go if i don't do something now. Was thinking of using my tablet (when it's fixed) to take photo's while i'm there and draw my own characters into them so it can be an exercise in drawing practice.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    11+ hour flight: 2x4x2 configuration plane. Seated in a window...seat mate never showed up. Could get up whenever I wanted, could twist my body a bit and encroach into the space of the open seat. I needed that little win.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Next i'm thinking about taking a short 3 night trip to Japan, just to experience it.
    If you can spare the time, there's lots of ways to stay/eat cheap in Japan... It's an incredible country, you're going to need more than 3 days. I don't know if they still do the foreigner rail pass, but if they do, you can get cheap access to the shinkansen (aka bullet train) and really go out and see a lot in a short period of time.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    my fiancee has me looking for what I want for my wedding band, and I don't know how to tell her how hilarious all this shit is. I'm fine with a metal looking thing. Seriously, the item descriptions are totally like "THE CHESSMASTER: Hey, you know you're a conqueror, did you also know you have a huge cock, you're manly as fuck, and all the other women in the world are so sad that you're going to be unavailable to blow any time in the future, cuz you're getting married, you lucky stud!"

I may be exaggerating a little here, but not much.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-17-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    my fiancee has me looking for what I want for my wedding band, and I don't know how to tell her how hilarious all this shit is. I'm fine with a metal looking thing. Seriously, the item descriptions are totally like "THE CHESSMASTER: Hey, you know you're a conqueror, did you also know you have a huge cock, you're manly as fuck, and all the other women in the world are so sad that you're going to be unavailable to blow any time in the future, cuz you're getting married, you lucky stud!"

Heh, I never noticed that but you're absolutely right. I switched over to a silicone wedding band 3 years ago and it's the best ever. No (or less) reason to remove for factory work, yard work, etc.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

i have a very simple titanium band that i like a lot. we got it from a guy on etsy who was super nice. i'd honestly look around on there because there are a lot of cool artists who aren't trying to shove those sorts of descriptions down your throat.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

It's this dude's birthday and finding that out made me smile.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

i put out a new album tonight at midnight and it's available on bandcamp
    the download comes with an instrumental version of the album
    50% of the proceeds go to The Trevor Project to help prevent suicide among LGBTQ youth

i started working on this album on august 19th, and releasing it tonight meant that it was 33 days from start to finish.
    i've been going through a really tough time for the last two months, and creating this really helped me work through it.
    it's also the 5th anniversary of my wedding, the 10th anniversary of my first album, and the 15th anniversary of my suicide attempt.
    so you could say this date holds a lot of significance for me.

help me raise money for a good cause and get some cool music in return.

thanks <3

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    After nearly a month my Tablet has finally been repaired and i have it back. I say "repaired" but the repair notes state the Mainboard and Keyboard/Wacom part were replaced...which is everything apart from the screen. I basically have a brand new tablet, which is even better as it was second hand (a refurbished display model) when i bought it for half the price of a new model a couple months back...result! I can finally digital draw again!
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 09-24-2019 at 03:06 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My "supervisor" who I've finally come to terms with, mostly. This kid drives me crazy with her attitude. Is going foh to be a server. She does good, overall, but has that cliche entitled attitude. (Culinary kid) It's mostly her tone. Anyhow, the one thing about my new gig is soon to not be an issue. Also I bumped you sautee. I'm kinda gonna miss cleaning the rotisserie every night.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So it's pissing it down in London (we're finally back to regular weather here) and it's my mates birthday this weekend, but she's outta the office after today, so i got in early so i could surprise her with a coffee and a card. She walked in, looking pretty miserable and soaked, and then had the biggest smile on her her when she found she had a nice warm coffee waiting for her i think i made her morning a bit better!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Anime

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Fuckin’ lol:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Maybe shameless self-promo, but not really. Just happy to have finished a few "the best of" gallery of sunrise images including video with my music recorded today, nothing amazing but until someone puts me down, I feel good. :-) https://www.zonerama.com/Link/Album/5660797 So there goes the weekend, time passes so quickly being artist. ;-)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Free food

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Sourdough toast.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Sourdough toast.
    have you ever made cinnamon sugar toast with sourdough? i'm drooling right now just thinking about it...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    have you ever made cinnamon sugar toast with sourdough? i'm drooling right now just thinking about it...
    I used to make that as a kid on those really shitty frozen bagels from the grocery store (not even the Lenders ones; just the store brand ones). These days, that's just too sweet for me. Just give me butter or a butter-like spread on the toast and I'm a happy camper.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So i'm fully back on the drawing train since i got my tablet and found some apps that work for me, and my latest sketch i feel is really good. I'm learning and getting better!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @elevenism @henryeatscereal @xfocalinx - I don't know why I didn't say this sooner, but seeing how popular and active the WWE and South Park threads have been on ETS since the old ETS.

Nine Inch Nails fans enjoying professional wrestling and South Park just seems like a match made in Heaven to me, dare I say. I think it's also because the 1994-1995 era of NIN also reminds me of wrestling. (Granted, he's been so much more built for quite some time, but I also meant that in terms of image, and aura/atmosphere.)

And with South Park, I'd figure it's a given as it seems like a show that Trent Reznor would enjoy, and right up his alley in terms of humor and satire.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-25-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    @elevenism @henryeatscereal @xfocalinx - I don't know why I didn't say this sooner, but seeing how popular and active the WWE and South Park threads have been on ETS since the old ETS.

Nine Inch Nails fans enjoying professional wrestling and South Park just seems like a match made in Heaven to me, dare I say. I think it's also because the 1994-1995 era of NIN also reminds me of wrestling. (Granted, he's been so much more built for quite some time, but I also meant that in terms of image, and aura/atmosphere.)

And with South Park, I'd figure it's a given as it seems like a show that Trent Reznor would enjoy, and right up his alley in terms of humor and satire.
    Very happy to contribute to your happiness!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    People being farted on! BAR HAR HAR HAR!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I don't think I could say it enough, but I'll definitely say it one last time before the 2010s end.

YouTube, especially as somebody that went on Newgrounds and YTMND so much back in the 2000s.

I sometimes take it for granted, but when I think about how things used to be before the Internet was the way it is now, or even just imagining what life was like without it, has certainly cheered me up as it certainly helped me not be as bored without it, even in spite of how much I like to relax at home. It has been, and always will be, as long as it's exists, one of the best time killers on the Internet ever, hands down, and just perfect for when you want to stay in and not do anything, or even if you have a hard time going to sleep at night.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post

Thanks for the mention man!

Sorry i did not check earlier, i'm not posting as much as i did due my new job, but i'm going to find some time to do it... i'm always happy to talk about NIN, Wrestling and South Park add "David Lynch" and i think we have covered all my favorite topics, lol!