Page 99 of 129 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 3845

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    You guys should definitely check out Bloodstained...
    Now that I've started immediately skipping any/all dialogue, I'm really falling in love with it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    so. much. smash bros.

my best friend has been in town for a week (and is here for another week) and we (along with my wife) have been playing at least a little every day.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Now that I've started immediately skipping any/all dialogue, I'm really falling in love with it.
    Haha, it is PAINFULLY bad.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So despite me needing to clear my back catalogue on my PS4...i just bought a Switch

Only have Pokemon Let's Go (which i'm playing) and Gal Gun 2, so any Switch recommendations would be great (i know i need Smash and Kart)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Anyone playing the new Harry Potter phone game?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Checked out New Super Mario Bros U from the media library at the university i work at. I love it. My wife just plays as nabbit and sprints to the end of each level though, which is quite annoying.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Waiting to go home and play some SamSho

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I got Bloodstained (on Switch) in the mail today. It's not quite the abomination you'd think from reading the wonders of the Internet. Actually pretty much fun as fuck. It feels like a legit continuation of the GBA/DS era Castlevania games.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I got Bloodstained (on Switch) in the mail today. It's not quite the abomination you'd think from reading the wonders of the Internet. Actually pretty much fun as fuck. It feels like a legit continuation of the GBA/DS era Castlevania games.
    Abomination? Really? I've seen a ton of praise for it. Pretty fun too. My only gripe are the load times. If I die, I get hit by a pretty hefty load time. Bad enough for me to rebuild my database (ps4). Helped a little bit but not too much.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Abomination? Really? I've seen a ton of praise for it. Pretty fun too. My only gripe are the load times. If I die, I get hit by a pretty hefty load time. Bad enough for me to rebuild my database (ps4). Helped a little bit but not too much.
    Yeah, the Switch version is getting panned beyond belief. The devs put out a statement that they'll get to work on it quick, though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Yeah, the Switch version is getting panned beyond belief. The devs put out a statement that they'll get to work on it quick, though.
    Oh wow. Had no idea about that. Guess I lucked out with my impatience. Was originally going to get the switch version but didn't feel like waiting another week.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    the game is unpolished... there were a heap of glitches that hit the PS4 version on release, but they're ironing them out.

The game itself is pretty fantastic, though I have some gripes. Boss fights can be beaten just by spamming attacks as long as you have a decent amount of healing items... some of the "where to go next" solutions are cryptic and confusing, and when you figure them out it's more "oh fuck you" than "ah ha!" Different weapon types aren't really balanced to take on the world... the story is dogshit and best ignored... some of the boss graphics, primarily the first two, are almost laughably bad on a design level.

I still have got my money's worth and then some, and I'll be buying into the DLC.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I've personally had nothing but smooth sailing with the GOG version; I even went ahead and spent an extra $20 to get the soundtrack and Iga's Back Pack. I got to play about 20 minutes of the Switch version earlier, and it feels clunky overall. In addition to the 30 fps cap, the graphics are similar to setting everything at "Medium" on the PC version(s).

I'm enjoying the various weapon types and the differences in play between each. Martial art types (Shoes) are surprisingly easy to control with a keyboard + mouse, as is the Shield Weapon. The 8-bit weapons remain top-notch even after the damage adjustments.
    Last edited by Jon; 06-25-2019 at 11:36 PM. Reason: hyphens? hyphens!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Might make Bloodstained my next purchase for when i finish Pokemon Lets Go (good grief that game is fun, far more then i thought it would be!)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I got a kick out of those Pheonix Wright games, @Space Suicide , despite initially thinking "what in the FUCK?"

as for me, I've been playing Link's Awakening DX: I got a gbc emulator going on my DS.
    It's amazing how such an enthralling game was created for such a weak system.

I'm also trying Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns, to help with anxiety.

And I was wondering: are any of you guys into Harvest Moon? If so, which one should I be playing? I have access to every Nintendo console up to, and including, Wii, with some being actual consoles, and a couple being emulators.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    @elevenism Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Count me in guys! I bought Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night tonight. Loving it so far, managed to get past Galleon Minerva!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Made the mistake of starting ANOTHER new game, Far Cry New Dawn...and i like it so far, embracing the ridiculous stuff like 5 should have done. REALLY want Bloodstained now too but will wait for the Switch version maybe after payday...oh and Kill la Kill IF, that demo is FUUUUUUUN.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Count me in guys! I bought Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night tonight. Loving it so far, managed to get past Galleon Minerva!
    Here are some caps to be aware of. These are for a single playthrough with all Passive/Skill shards maxed, food buffs, and library books:

HP = 2271
    MP = 1447
    Ammo = 139

There are 31 HP +'s per playthrough, but you can only benefit from 25 (ever)
    There are 30 MP +'s per playthrough; you can only benefit from 30 (ever)
    There are 22 Ammo Capacity +'s per playthrough; you are able to max this at 999 (8 playthroughs)

It takes 2 playthroughs to max the Silver Knight familiar [9] and the Shortcut passive [8] (4 per playthrough)
    A "true" 100% completion takes 9 playthroughs (boss shards)
    Last edited by Jon; 07-16-2019 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Shortcut passive total

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just defeated Valac in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Feels good.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Anybody else play Wolfenstein: Youngblood? Glorified, semi-generic DLC. If Beavis and Butthead were women and the daughters of BJ Blazkowicz, they'd be the sisters in this game. No real story either, just a long string of hints and shadows that never fully come together. Finished the story and the bulk of the collectables within about 10 total hours of playtime, give or take.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Anybody else play Wolfenstein: Youngblood? Glorified, semi-generic DLC. If Beavis and Butthead were women and the daughters of BJ Blazkowicz, they'd be the sisters in this game. No real story either, just a long string of hints and shadows that never fully come together. Finished the story and the bulk of the collectables within about 10 total hours of playtime, give or take.
    Wasn't the overall premise just that B.J. has gone missing and they're on a mission to find him?

Regardless, these are alt history games about the occult and killing nazis. Does there really need to be much more than that? Story was always the least important aspect, same with Doom. Most important thing that matters to me at least is if the gun play, soundtrack and environment/level design is satisfying enough. I still haven't played The New Colossus but i really enjoyed The New Order and Old Blood.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The gunplay and shooting Nazis to your hearts content are big plusses, i will say that.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I wanna play Young Blood, but i don't have anyone TOO play it with and it seems like a game that is much more fun with a friend. That and i really need to start Dark Souls Remastered...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I wanna play Young Blood, but i don't have anyone TOO play it with and it seems like a game that is much more fun with a friend. That and i really need to start Dark Souls Remastered...
    I'd offer, but i think we're on opposing time zones. My gaming time usually starts at 10pm EST, which i think is early morning in the UK? Correct me if i'm wrong, i was never really good at my time zones.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I'd offer, but i think we're on opposing time zones. My gaming time usually starts at 10pm EST, which i think is early morning in the UK? Correct me if i'm wrong, i was never really good at my time zones.
    Yeah that would be 2am UK thanks for the offer though, not sure i could do without my sleep

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    After having the game for newly 2 years i FINALLY finished Dishonored 2, very good game, up there with the first for me. Will do a second choas play-through when i've got the rest of the my backcatalog down. Next is Dark Souls!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Mario's Picross.

I fell in love with the ds Picross awhile back, and, was thrilled to find that there were more puzzles on GBC. Graphics and such do not matter with these games, as they're in the same vein as Sudoko. They're static puzzles, on a grid.

This shit is SO fucking addictive. Also, I've been doing picross puzzles in my dreams every night. I'm not sure if I'm building puzzles in my mind, or, perfectly remembering the puzzles in my dreams.

Either way, this shit REALLY gets into your head. I used to dream about Tetris, and I know a lot of other people who did, too. These dreams are far more detailed than the Tetris dreams I had. It's fucking weird.

Anyway, I was really happy to find this gem, as I can run it on lameboy on my ds lite, and, was really fucking sad when I finished the actual picross ds game.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Just got done with Doom VR and I’m blown away with Sony VR. With a good pair of headphones you feel so immersed in the game, I can’t help feel this is the future of gaming. I also replayed resident evil 7 on VR, which is incredible, but I already played it before twice so the jump scares didn’t really do much but I still screamed a few times here and there. I couldn’t imagine playing that game for the first time on VR. The graphics are a little scaled back but it didn’t feel like it mattered due to the immersion which I would prefer in my games in the future. Thinking about picking up Skyrim, never played it before, and I heard it’s a great game. With PS5 around the corner I really hope they continue with VR, if not I might consider setting up a computer rig.