Thread: Puscifer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I'm torn on whether I want to read that or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not? lol

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Why not? lol
    Never meet your heroes and all that.

Plus, I don't know what the tone will be. I don't want to read a Maynard that's no longer interested in metaphor and mystery. Or a Maynard that hides his positive and philosophical side behind Billy D using drugs or hippy-silly characters and jokes.

In an interview I remember him saying he stuck his neck out with eMOTIVe and he felt like fans cut his head off for his honesty. After that, everything from the live intro to Simultaneous to his description of grapes/wine in Blood Into Wine has been a "hippy joke." He makes fun of fans that find philosophy in Tool songs (the latest Bojangles bootleg for instance).

It's just a weird mishmash and I'm not sure I want to read a Maynard that's disillusioned and fed up. Now, if he wants to tell us WHY he sounds disillusioned and fed up, I might wanna read that.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I gotcha. But if you look at Money Shot...that is one hell of a dark record. You can't get more honest than Smoke And Mirrors. He is still open and honest, just a little more disguised.

I think this book will a very cool read and will somehow be a nice blend of humor and serious.

Even in Blood Into Wine, he was able to have some serious moments and step away from the jokes. The humor is just his protective shield and I admire it.