Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 2907

Thread: Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Dudes ...

ALL THIS IS DRIFT IN THIS THREAD

*sobs*
    True...I neglected to look at the title of the thread and was just responding to the last post. mea culpa

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Shit. I think I will just buy everything on that list because it's now scary to some people.
    As a proud gun owner I have two very precise words for you: fuck off.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I don't even like guns, at least in the way you think of them.
    What do you mean?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    They provide a great vehicle for politics. Statements, action, change, etc. Its like incredibly potent art.

Their utility from a rights and politics perspective is similar in nature to cryptography, which I also appreciate a lot. Crypto doesn't carry the same potency as a symbolic tool though.

But the gun as a product, judged the same way you would a washing machine... I don't really care a whole lot.
    Hmm, interesting.

But do you own guns? I thought I remembered you talking about going to the shooting ranges and all that shit.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    ...so, what you're saying is (and please correct me if I'm wrong because I would love to be wrong), you're into guns for no other reason but because they agitate people on a political level?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I have also made AR-15s due to the political aspect
    I'm kinda confused by this statement. What specifically does this mean? What is the "political aspect"?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    That is probably one of the most immature and irresponsible reasons to want to own a firearm ever. Of all time.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I bet you know how important the approval and judgement of others is for me
    That is not the point, dude. What you do with your life is obviously your own decision, but you are either unaware or purposefully ignorant of the consequences of a decision like this. "Because I can" is such a shitty reason to own a gun.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    For one, the perception of whether or not gun owners are responsible citizens defending their second amendment rights or a pack of crazed paranoid gun nuts who just like to shoot shit. Do you have any idea what the 2nd Amendment is all about? Do you really? Because owning a firearm "because I can" is not at all in line with the 2nd Amendment.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    So my never-fired weapons contribute to the perception that gun owners like to shoot shit. K lol.
    You own them out of the childish sentiment that having them pisses people off. Do you really not get how immature that is?

The perception of the antis is irrelevant. It's been tried and they will just continually take and take. Appealing to them is a waste of time when you can make their opinions irrelevant.
    And your solution is to go out of your way to antagonize people by owning weapons you never intend to shoot? Way to contribute, dude.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    "Childish" lmao. It's over your head dude. It's cool. Don't worry about it. You continue to focus on a very very small aspect of what I explained.
    I doubt that. Go ahead and explain it for me again. Use small words. I'm sure you're just a misunderstood social justice genius slumming it with the rest of us plebs. Lay it on me, I'm all eyes.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    The United States is fucked. Canadians have just as many guns per capita... but our laws are different..and that could be what makes all the difference......

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    No they don't.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Just let @DigitalChaos have his thread and the ridiculous mentality that if big bad gov decides to come get his guns (they won’t), he would get a single shot off. He’s just going to be a condescending prick to any challenge, well thought out or otherwise, and that’s a shame because over the years I had respect for him but that dwindles with every post in this thread. Goddammit, I hate this thread. Somebody tell me to stop reading it. It’s only good for eye rolls and sadness.

So let me be a condescending prick for a couple mean albeit logical thoughts here:

The dumbest gunnut belief of all is that their guns will mean a fucking thing when not only do the govt have more guns and better weapons in general but can also reduce you and your house to a paste via drone.

You want a pistol or two to protect your home from intruders? Cool. Not my thing, but I understand and respect your choice. You need a rifle to hunt? I really don’t like hunting, I think it’s pretty much the weakest and least impressive thing you can do but even for this lame purpose? Sure. Fine.

Which brings us to...

The second dumbest gunnut belief is that they need anything other than a pistol or two and/or rifle. The 2nd amendment was written when guns were musket loaded. The founding fathers didn’t anticipate assclowns walking around Target with AR 15s and small penises. Nobody needs an AR-15 that isn’t in the military, including police.

Because I imagine this might be the last time I post in this thread (never say never), let’s throw a “Fuck the NRA and their shitbag greedy lobbying that’s bought Congress and kept us from having many of the existing gun control laws enforced (also fuck the weak ATF) and from having any kind of sane gun control discussions.”

Flame away. I said my piece.
    Last edited by Swykk; 12-01-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    No they don't.
    Wow you’re right. I guess this was some “common knowledge” thrown around in Canada thst seems to be false. Canada is 11th in the world, right under France..... but Canada is still far more peaceful...like 2/3 less gun murders...per capita

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This seems like it could be a big deal:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cks/901017001/

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Yeah, this situation looks to be one massive fuck up, and trying to seize all of these weapons is going to lead to more fuck ups and a lot of dangerous situations. These are people who aren't suppose to have guns in the first place because of something in their background check, so, it's rock and a hard place: let them keep the weapons knowing they may use them to do criminal acts, or move in and take them while trying not to get shot in the process. No winners here.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Over the years you'd see that I give equal thought as a reply provides. Nothing about what Demogorgan's replies were "well thought out." They were purposefully myopic, and thus, not worth a deep reply.
    1) You apparently don't know what "myopic" means.
    2) My thoughts were direct observations of something you yourself said, chiefly that you own guns for the political clout it gives you in arguments rather than for any reasonable desire or need to own them. You've never even fired a shot, again by your own admission, and someone who actually understands and respects firearms on any level will make a point to go to a range and at least know how they operate and what they're capable of.
    3) You didn't give a deep reply because your initial reasoning was exactly what I said it was and there isn't anything deeper to it. Someone on the previous thread asked you to clarify before I chimed in, and you essentially repeated yourself with different words. Despite my sarcasm, I still gave you a third opportunity to go in depth about your thoughts, and you've declined using the age old teenage trope "nah, you just don't understand". You aren't a radical of any stripe; you're irresponsible, self-absorbed, and terribly misinformed.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    1) You apparently don't know what "myopic" means.
    2) My thoughts were direct observations of something you yourself said, chiefly that you own guns for the political clout it gives you in arguments rather than for any reasonable desire or need to own them. You've never even fired a shot, again by your own admission, and someone who actually understands and respects firearms on any level will make a point to go to a range and at least know how they operate and what they're capable of.
    3) You didn't give a deep reply because your initial reasoning was exactly what I said it was and there isn't anything deeper to it. Someone on the previous thread asked you to clarify before I chimed in, and you essentially repeated yourself with different words. Despite my sarcasm, I still gave you a third opportunity to go in depth about your thoughts, and you've declined using the age old teenage trope "nah, you just don't understand". You aren't a radical of any stripe; you're irresponsible, self-absorbed, and terribly misinformed.
    gun collectors don’t need to shoot their guns... it’s purely for aesthetics... the look, the feel, the smell... why does he need to learn how to use them if he’s just collecting? What danger do they possibly pose if they aren’t loaded?

and don’t say someone is going to break into his house and steal them or load them....

maybe instead of judging, open your mind. You bloody pissant

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    why does he need to learn how to use them if he’s just collecting? What danger do they possibly pose if they aren’t loaded?
    Literally rule number one of handling a gun is you always treat it as if it is loaded and could fire. That means knowing how they work.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Considering I built every gun in this category (of never having fired)... pretty sure I know how they work. Every single pin, spring, etc. This is much more knowledge about the internals than most military members who carry similar guns.

Gun collectors know how their guns work and treat them as loaded. There is never a need for bringing them to the range to achieve those skills.

Good to know, though I never said anything to the contrary. Just explaining to cashphiles why it's important that even collectors know their firearms and treat them with care and respect their capability.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Literally rule number one of handling a gun is you always treat it as if it is loaded and could fire. That means knowing how they work.

You check to see if the gun is loaded and a bullet is in the chamber... if there are no bullets in the gun you can do whatever the fuck you want with it. I could literally jam the tip of the barrel up my ass.
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 12-20-2017 at 12:14 AM. Reason: sick among the pure has selective reading disease

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    it’s purely for aesthetics... the look, the feel, the smell... why does he need to learn how to use them if he’s just collecting?
    That isn't why he has them though, as he himself said. He said, multiple times, that he owns guns as a political and societal statement.

and don’t say someone is going to break into his house and steal them or load them....
    Why would I say that? People who break into houses generally aren't looking for guns, they're looking for untraceable shit they can resell quickly.

maybe instead of judging, open your mind. You bloody pissant
    oh no, please don't, my one weakness... petty insults... I'm so fragile, please stop... my delicate feelings simply can't take it. /sarcasm

It's a new forum, and good ol' cashpiles is still the worst troll in the history of ETS.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Considering I built every gun in this category (of never having fired)... pretty sure I know how they work. Every single pin, spring, etc. This is much more knowledge about the internals than most military members who carry similar guns.
    Knowing how to build a car doesn't teach you how to drive it. Knowing how to build a computer doesn't teach you how to program it. Knowing how to build a firearm doesn't teach you the correct posture, handling, or hand-eye coordination to actually hit a target without popping a shoulder or a wrist out of socket.

There is never a need for bringing them to the range to achieve those skills.
    Yes, there absolutely is, as I've just mentioned. Not taking the time to do so, once again, is irresponsible.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Gun collectors know how their guns work and treat them as loaded. There is never a need for bringing them to the range to achieve those skills.
    Gun owners who fire at ranges learn how to take their guns apart because you have to CLEAN them, and you need to take them apart to a certain degree in certain states while transportating the gun to the range.

You’re serious, you’ve never fired your gun?

You’ve said, in this thread, that you owned a gun to protect your family. Did that change?

Also, the talk in this thread always seems to ignore the revolver. SPRINGS, lol.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    above all it's a lie

I really want to do shrooms. If there was a shroom store (like there were in the UK for a while before 2005), I'd walk in and buy them, and do them.

and yet it's been years, like 10+ years, since I've come across them.

No shrooms for me.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    was kind of watching the chief of the NRA on CNN while on the treadmill. why is thier solution always more guns? when is that logic ever work. cigarettes are bad. we need more cigarettes?there are a few more amendments to the constitution then just the 2nd.
    -louie

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)