Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    One has to wonder what this will sound like. Since he said that this is different than hesitation marks, and the soundtracks we have to assume.

Much less focus on percussive rhythm
    Less floaty ethereal sounds capes
    Less traditional song arrangements

Personally I'd love something like Tetsuo theme with vocals. It would be nice to hear some ripping guitar tones and "live" drums applied creatively.

I wonder if dude will scream again. I've missed the classic Reznor bark since With Teeth.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm not clear on this release. Will this be available in stores on the 23rd? Will folks who preorder get it before 23rd?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    "AND NOW OFFICIAL BANDMATE ATTICUS ROSS"

Not good.
    Why is that not good??

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    hrmmm this 3 time download bullshit for a single jpg is.... odd.
    I have the WAV and FLAC version. someone send me the MP3 version of the jpg if you have it (don't rehost it on imgur or anything, they recompress it). If you are unsure how, PM me and I will give you an email.

Can you explain more in detail what you're talking about? I'm not sure what you're trying to describe with "3 time download bullshit for a single jpg" or anything you're saying. My email receipt for my "physical component" + FLAC order didn't come with any links or images. So please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    I wonder if one of the ep's working titles was once "Not true". Recall: https://twitter.com/trent_reznor/sta...761923074?s=09
    No. The "Not true." tweet was in response to that rumor that took the internet by storm when that internet jagoff invented the whole "Dive and Slam" single release out of thin air and everybody was eating it up.

Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    by the way, i like the new website lay out
    Ugh, really? I think it's absolutely terrible and quite unintuitive and poor. Why is everything so goddamn HUGE? Maybe my least favorite NIN.com design in 10+ years.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    I'm not clear on this release. Will this be available in stores on the 23rd? Will folks who preorder get it before 23rd?
    There is no word on whether this will be available in brick and mortar. The "physical component" is a limited edition, so probably not for that one. Other than that, vinyl is the only physical format this album is being released on. So maybe you'll see some of the vinyl in stores starting in 5-6 months?

The people who preorder will get a link to the download format of their choice at 12:01am on December 23rd. The "physical component" is expected to ship the first week of January and the vinyl version is expected to ship some time in the Spring.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    it's got to be a halo. Unless he's making the halos.... Obsolete?

obsolete mule.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acidpolly View Post
    taking a wild guess that physical component will be some cool looking usb drive
    Or a map to the nearest public restroom where one can be located!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    You buy the album and you get the below email. The download for me (I bought the wav version) spits out digi-phy_-_wav.jpg. The FLAC buyers are getting digi-phy_-_flac.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4w9PU0S.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WvdktKy.jpg
    Yeah, I didn't get an email like that at all. The only email I got was this. Uh, maybe it was because I completed my purchase only 5 minutes after the website went up and they weren't ready? Now I'm worried I didn't get an email I was meant to get.

What happens if you use delete the .jpg at the end of the url so it ends with .wav instead? Does it do anything?
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 12-16-2016 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Personally I'd love something like Tetsuo theme with vocals.
    Don't get me going or akenobi might try and bitch-slap me again for my Tetsuo lovefest

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    It's got to be a Halo. Unless he's making the halos.... obsolete?

Yeah
    was about to note that I didn't see a halo anywhere

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm hoping for the EP to be as aggressive as my other favorite NIN EP: Broken.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    It's not that type of download. You cant alter what you are sent, in any obvious way.
    I also got that email. The one in my screenshot came in seconds after the one you are showing.
    What does "it's not that type of download" mean? Isn't it a URL? If it's a URL, why can't you delete the last 4 characters of the URL and then hit enter?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Been trying for 2 hours on multiple devices to access the store - 'site can't be reached' messages abound

Fucking hell

-whew that was a close one, it finally worked, all of it, mwahahaha
    Last edited by Throw_it_away9; 12-16-2016 at 05:25 PM. Reason: It finally worked

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    On the discogs page, both Recoiled and Not The Actual Events are listed as halos.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Throw_it_away9 View Post
    Been trying for 2 hours on multiple devices to access the store - 'site can't be reached' messages abound

Fucking hell
    Try through this link:

https://store.nin.com/products/not-the-actual-events-ep

It worked for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fucking hell
    https://store.nin.com/products/not-t...digital-object

This worked for me

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    So... that's not really an answer. The URL ends in .wav.jpg

So what happens if you shorten the URL to end in .wav and hit enter?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Same boat, and this link https://store.nin.com/products/not-t...digital-object didn't work either. This is killing me.
    Last edited by Shipley; 12-16-2016 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I've been listening to AR/TRs work for the past few years and feel like I can recognize their sound... so I am VERY excited by the left turn/unrecognizable description.

I can't wait to blast this.
    Last edited by snaapz; 12-16-2016 at 04:49 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I preordered the vinyl, the physical component, AND The Fragile Deviations I. Next week is going to be amazing! I can't wait to download the digital versions.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Don't get me going or akenobi might try and bitch-slap me again for my Tetsuo lovefest
    i do no such thing in times of joy and celebration (also i explained enough how it's not about you - so it's a mere pinch on your nose this time around)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So we are getting a release of the Fragile with new tracks, and then a completly new EP that looks alot like Still... What does it mean?!? I put the Still cover and the new album side by side just to see:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm not clicking this link till 23th

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    How this news makes me feel,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    @acidpolly
    I was wondering about that - I'm at work, so I didn't want to click it to my work computer.

Has anyone tried to click the link in the email? Did it download anything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @acidpolly
    I was wondering about that - I'm at work, so I didn't want to click it to my work computer.

Yeah, for the digital+physical, it downloads a jpg file called digi-phy_-_flac.jpg for the flac version, digi-phy_-_wav.jpg for the wav version and, presumably, digi-phy_-_mp3.jpg for the MP3 version.
    Last edited by blackroseMD1; 12-16-2016 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LithoChasm View Post
    So we are getting a release of the Fragile with new tracks, and then a completly new EP that looks alot like Still... What does it mean?!? I put the Still cover and the new album side by side just to see:
    I just mentioned in the other thread how TR's new instagram photo reminded me of Bowie's Heathen album, with the scratched out eyes. Looking at the above image actually brings The Next Day to mind - could that be an altered, repeatedly Xeroxed (heh, a copy of a copy of a) image of a Still CD? The stuff on the lower right kinda looks like it could possibly be shrink wrap, digitally displaced into segments.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    @acidpolly

These were mine:

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Nvm, I guess I misread the formatting of the link to the JPG. I have been awake for far too many hours, my brain is shot.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    @acidpolly

I ended up ordering things in two batches: one for the new stuff, and another for the reissues (I foolishly thought at first that I'd be able to restrict myself to $100 of NIN purchases today. Hah!) On my first transaction, I got that download link (which just downloads images), and the second one did NOT. What I suspect happened was that someone accidentally left a "this is available to download now" checkbox on, realized their mistake, and then turned it off. So depending on when you ordered, you may or may not have gotten that download link. Since the music itself isn't actually loaded into the system yet, all that was there was the image.

So what I'd expect is that when these are ACTUALLY available to download is that we'll all get those download links on the 23rd, and they'll have actual music once you clickthrough. Hopefully anyone who inadvertantly "wasted" their three downloads on the image will have theirs automatically filled-up; it probably wouldn't hurt to email 'em to make sure. I'm sure that they'll fix that up.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)