Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alternate versions that are better than the original song

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Alternate versions that are better than the original song

Do we have one of these threads yet? I totally stole this from the Steve Hoffman forums. Kill this if so.

Here's a shitload to start the thing and make you angry:

Yes
    - "The Revealing Science of God" with full intro (the cold start just sounds... wrong? rushed?)

Pink Floyd
    - "Echoes" live at Pompeii (the 2016 mix is a bloody revelation)
    - "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" Ummagumma live recording (better suited to the spacey extension)
    - "What Shall We Do Now?" (why would you leave that off the record? Waters is such a dipshit)

Radiohead
    - "Killer Cars" (they shouldn't have bothered releasing the Mogadon version)
    - "Life in a Glass House" (how dare they edit this!)
    - "The Gloaming" extended (the only HTTT song that DIDN'T need editing)

Steven Wilson
    - "Perfect Life (Grand Union Mix)" (the expanded approach suits the song better)
    - "Sectarian" demo (he should've kept the intro)

Porcupine Tree
    - "Shesmovedon," "Pure Narcotic," "Shallow" radio edits (these songs are way too repetitive)
    - "Even Less" full version (part 2 is too good! This is only missing the number station sample, otherwise it's perfect)
    - "The Sky Moves Sideways" specific bits in the alternate version (particularly "Spiral Circus" and the different ending)
    - "Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape" re-recording (better in every way)
    - "Synesthesia" full length version (suited to the entrancing repetition and creepy intro)
    - "Disappear" Feb '97 demo (spacey arrangement is way better)

Godspeed You! Black Emperor
    - "motherfucker=redeemer" part 2 vinyl version (extra ambient intro adds a cool and well-paced breather from part 1)

The Smashing Pumpkins
    - "Tonite Reprise" version 1 (no bloody voice crack!)
    - "Cupid de Locke" BT 2012 mix (spacier/better arrangement and mix)
    - "Marquis in Spades" BT 2012 mix (the bass tone is incredible)
    - all of Machina/The Machines of God early mix, every song!

Nine Inch Nails
    - "Closer to God" (I find "Closer" is a bit... lacking)
    - "The Day the World Went Away" Quiet version (the song is better suited to this arrangement, though I like the live splicing of the two)

Marilyn Manson
    - "The Reflecting God" live from Last Tour on Earth (soooo much more powerful)

Rammstein
    - "Du Riescht so Gut" '98 (everything was just... done better)

Boris
    - "Flood" live (they change the intro, which is the only bad part of the original)
    - "Absolutego" live (better stated in 22 minutes than 60, methinks)
    - "a bao a qu" Variations re-recording (way better arrangement and mix)
    - "Les Paul Custom '86" Sargent House version (still hate it, but it's more tolerable with a beat)
    - "Blackout" live (the lengthy intro is great and gargantuan, as is fitting)
    - "Pseudo-Bread" full length vinyl version (I appreciate the short version, though)
    - "My Machine" full length vinyl version (the guitar riff is too amazing to be left at a 2 minute excerpt)
    - "Luna" split EP version (the alternate mix just... doesn't work)
    - "Flare" vinyl/Sargent House version (intro is too cool)
    - "Jackson Head" Heavy Rocks mix (it's suited to guitars, though the synth version is interesting too)

Devin Townsend/Strapping Young Lad
    - "Kingdom" Epicloud re-recording (no explanation needed)
    - "Victim" re-recording (so much energy! powa!)
    - "SYL"/"In the Rainy Season" No Sleep 'Till Bedtime recordings (the production is WAY better)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Having gone through David Bowie's music earlier this year since his passing, a live version of "Drive-In Saturday" from 1972 at a show in Cleveland that is just Bowie singing with his 12-string acoustic guitar became my favorite version of the song. It is just beautiful in every way.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 03-24-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    A new level, becoming, five minutes alone by pantera are all better on the live album

Agreed on life in a glass house - also the live version of like spinning plates on the live EP is better

There's a studio performance version of splitting the atom by massive attack that's far better (it's on YouTube, the lighting is all pink/purple)

That version of straight outta Compton that doesn't start with "you are about to witness the strength of street knowledge" - does anybody know what or where that is from? It's far better

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Stereolab
    - New Orthophony (the version on Aluminium Tapes is longer and has no fade in like on the album version)
    - You Used To Call Me Sadness (two different versions: Again on Alumium Tapes and Fluorescenes EP)

EL-P
    - Smithereens (Stop Cryin') (there's an alternate mix with a different melody on the Itunes version as a bonus song)

Factory Floor
    - Two Different Ways has two different versions (see: 12"/WEB single of the song)

David Bowie
    - The Man Who Sold The World (there's a recording of that song from the Outside sessions with Eno; it's on a single from that era)

Pearl Jam
    - U (the version on Lost Dogs is a re-recording of the song, itself a b-side from the Yield sessions)

Prince
    - Quite a few songs were shortenend for the albums, while they often appear in full length on 12" singles, for instance: Little Red Corvette, I Would Die 4 U, Computer Blue (not officially released just yet), America, Shockadelica, Scarlet Pussy, ...

Sufjan Stevens
    - There are multiple different versions from the song Chicago on his b-side compilation The Avalanche.
    - All Delighted People. Two different versions on the EP with the same name.

The Breeders
    - Do You Love Me Now (version on Safari is a different one than the one on the album)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    David Bowie
    - The Man Who Sold The World (there's a recording of that song from the Outside sessions with Eno; it's on a single from that era)
    Oh man, can't believe I forgot that one. Masterful. I'll also add to it the Outside tour version of "Subterraneans" with the spoken "Scary Monsters" lyric – so haunting – and also NIN's v1 remix of "I'm Afraid of Americans."

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Are remixes allowed? Pete Rock's remix of House of Pain's Jump Around gives it the edge it needs. Seriously. It replaces the cartoon playground beat with a badass jazzy banger and even includes a small extra verse by Pete himself. PeteStrumentals is one of the greatest instrumental rap records ever. Get the 2011 2-disc edition; it was made with a lot of care.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Are remixes allowed?
    That was my question as well. I saw the OP posted about Closer To God, which in my mind is a remix, whereas something like Right Where It Belongs V2 is more of an alternate version than an all out remix. I could have sworn we had a thread about remixes that were better than the originals, so I will leave remixes out of my response here.

The Hollow (2001 Mix)-A Perfect Circle
    The Package (Japanese Extended Version)-A Perfect Circle
    No Cars Go (Neon Bible Version)-Arcade Fire
    Call Me (12" Extended Version)-Blondie
    Aileron (Attention Please Version)-Boris
    Farewell (Full Length Variations Version)-Boris
    Hope (Attention Please Version)-Boris
    Jackson Head (Heavy Rocks 2011 Version)-Boris
    Les Paul Custom '86 (Attention Please Version)-Boris
    My Machine (Extended Vinyl Version)-Boris
    Party Boy (Attention Please Version)-Boris
    Spoon (New Album Version)-Boris
    Untitled (US Mix)-Boris
    Tick Of The Clock (Film Edit)-Chromatics
    Under Your Spell (Film Edit)-Desire
    We Come 1 (Radio Edit)-Faithless
    Down In The Park (Piano Version)-Gary Numan
    We Take Mystery (To Bed) (12'' Extended Version)-Gary Numan
    She's Lost Control (12'' Version)-Joy Division
    Big Ideas (Extended Mix)-LCD Soundsystem
    Murderer (10'' Version)-Low
    Silver Rider (10'' Version)-Low
    Will The Night (Secret Name Version)-Low
    Ceremony (Original Version)-New Order
    Closer (Single Version)-Nine Inch Nails
    Corona Radiata (Personal Edit)-Nine Inch Nails
    Non-Entity (Live Piano Version)-Nine Inch Nails
    Piggy (Live Ghosts Version)-Nine Inch Nails
    Right Where It Belongs (Version 2)-Nine Inch Nails
    Something I Can Never Have (Still Version)-Nine Inch Nails
    The Becoming (Still Version)-Nine Inch Nails
    The Perfect Drug (We're In This Together Single Version)-Nine Inch Nails
    Scentless Apprentice (Rio Demo Version)-Nirvana
    Treefingers (Extended Version)-Radiohead
    True Love Waits (A Moon Shaped Pool Version)-Radiohead
    Oh My Darling Don't Cry (Adult Swim Singles Version)-Run The Jewels
    Music Sounds Better With You (Radio Edit)-Stardust
    Wild Wild Life (Extended Version)-Talking Heads
    Secret Scream (12" Extended Version)-The Black Queen
    Hey Boy Hey Girl (Extended Version)-The Chemical Brothers
    Midnight Madness (Electronic Battle Weapon Version)-The Chemical Brothers
    Saturate (Electronic Battle Weapon Version)-The Chemical Brothers
    The Golden Path (Extended Vocal Version)-The Chemical Brothers featuring The Flaming Lips
    Staring At The Sun (Young Liars Version)-TV On The Radio

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Are remixes allowed? Pete Rock's remix of House of Pain's Jump Around gives it the edge it needs. Seriously. It replaces the cartoon playground beat with a badass jazzy banger and even includes a small extra verse by Pete himself. PeteStrumentals is one of the greatest instrumental rap records ever. Get the 2011 2-disc edition; it was made with a lot of care.
    So happy to see this song discussed on this board of all places. I agree completely.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    That was my question as well. I saw the OP posted about Closer To God, which in my mind is a remix, whereas something like Right Where It Belongs V2 is more of an alternate version than an all out remix. I could have sworn we had a thread about remixes that were better than the originals, so I will leave remixes out of my response here.

The Hollow (2001 Mix)-A Perfect Circle
    The Package (Japanese Extended Version)-A Perfect Circle
    No Cars Go (Neon Bible Version)-Arcade Fire
    Call Me (12" Extended Version)-Blondie
    Aileron (Attention Please Version)-Boris
    Farewell (Full Length Variations Version)-Boris
    Hope (Attention Please Version)-Boris
    Jackson Head (Heavy Rocks 2011 Version)-Boris
    Les Paul Custom '86 (Attention Please Version)-Boris
    My Machine (Extended Vinyl Version)-Boris
    Party Boy (Attention Please Version)-Boris
    Spoon (New Album Version)-Boris
    Untitled (US Mix)-Boris
    Tick Of The Clock (Film Edit)-Chromatics
    Under Your Spell (Film Edit)-Desire
    We Come 1 (Radio Edit)-Faithless
    Down In The Park (Piano Version)-Gary Numan
    We Take Mystery (To Bed) (12'' Extended Version)-Gary Numan
    She's Lost Control (12'' Version)-Joy Division
    Big Ideas (Extended Mix)-LCD Soundsystem
    Murderer (10'' Version)-Low
    Silver Rider (10'' Version)-Low
    Will The Night (Secret Name Version)-Low
    Ceremony (Original Version)-New Order
    Closer (Single Version)-Nine Inch Nails
    Corona Radiata (Personal Edit)-Nine Inch Nails
    Non-Entity (Live Piano Version)-Nine Inch Nails
    Piggy (Live Ghosts Version)-Nine Inch Nails
    Right Where It Belongs (Version 2)-Nine Inch Nails
    Something I Can Never Have (Still Version)-Nine Inch Nails
    The Becoming (Still Version)-Nine Inch Nails
    The Perfect Drug (We're In This Together Single Version)-Nine Inch Nails
    Scentless Apprentice (Rio Demo Version)-Nirvana
    Treefingers (Extended Version)-Radiohead
    True Love Waits (A Moon Shaped Pool Version)-Radiohead
    Music Sounds Better With You (Radio Edit)-Stardust
    Wild Wild Life (Extended Version)-Talking Heads
    Secret Scream (12" Extended Version)-The Black Queen
    Hey Boy Hey Girl (Extended Version)-The Chemical Brothers
    Midnight Madness (Electronic Battle Weapon Version)-The Chemical Brothers
    Saturate (Electronic Battle Weapon Version)-The Chemical Brothers
    The Golden Path (Extended Vocal Version)-The Chemical Brothers featuring The Flaming Lips
    Staring At The Sun (Young Liars Version)-TV On The Radio
    What's this personal edit of corona beer on a radiator?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i prefer the re-recording/single version of this comsat angels cut:

the 7'' recording of clan of xymox's 'louise' is also superior:

the spiders re-recording of 'holy holy' shreds all over the original:

alt. version of this killer track from the pink opaque:

always adored this early take on 'the hanging garden:"

i like all versions of this track, but probably my fav:

last but not least, i spin this version of this track out in clubs just as much as the original:

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if I like the remix better, but A Perfect Circle's The Outsider (Apocalypse Mix) by Danny Lohner uses a re-recorded vocal take of Maynard's first verse and it's really awesome. It seems unbelievably rare these days to do that. It's something I really wish would happen more often. For instance, Maynard releases a remix album that corresponds with every Puscifer album. Half of the remixes are usually done by people who are already Puscifer members.

Can you imagine how awesome it would be if, along with the entirety of the music in the song being different and remixed, the actual vocals were different and fit the new version accordingly? That would make the whole concept of a remix album much more appealing and palatable. As opposed to the current standard of just altering/chopping up the album vocals. It seems boring and lazy, especially when you're selling an entire fucking remix album and especially for a band like Puscifer. They're known for having multiple, vastly different versions of songs. It happened a lot more frequently earlier in the band's history, but some songs played live were barely recognizable compared to the studio versions. And of course the vocals were usually entirely different - in tone, speed, pitch, delivery, everything. It was fucking awesome. And I'm not even referring to the 'themed' version of songs they would do, like the * during their live shows. That's a whole 'nother story.

For example, listen to this . Now compare it to . They're astoundingly different. This is one of the main things that drew me to Puscifer ~9/10 years ago. I thought it was the coolest fucking thing. But it really seems like even they are shying away from so drastically altering their songs live, let alone in remixes.

I dunno, a bit of a tangent - but isn't that what these discussions are really for?

I know NIN has a least a few remixes like this - with different vocal takes - right? Am I just imagining that? Can anybody list a few, whether they're NIN or otherwise? Thanks!

* ignore the fan video

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I'm not sure if I like the remix better, but A Perfect Circle's The Outsider (Apocalypse Mix) by Danny Lohner uses a re-recorded vocal take of Maynard's first verse and it's really awesome. It seems unbelievably rare these days to do that. It's something I really wish would happen more often. For instance, Maynard releases a remix album that corresponds with every Puscifer album. Half of the remixes are usually done by people who are already Puscifer members.
    The Danny remix of The Undertaker also has different vocals by Maynard and absolutely destroys the original. Not to mention Puscifer has two completely different songs under the title "Sour Grapes". The first one is the one with the spoken word and then Maynard singing "It's always gonna be sour grapes with you, boy..." and the live song (featured in the Blood into Wine OST as "Legend of the Mix") which is a funnier country song than Cuntry Boner. "And so Jesus saved our party..."

Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I don't hear a difference. Are you referring to the intro being longer? I think that was stuck at the end of Jeopardy in the album.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    What's this personal edit of corona beer on a radiator?
    It's something I made using the multitracks. It's basically a condensed version that shaves three minutes off the running time and rearranges a couple sounds. You can listen to it here: https://soundcloud.com/brian-roswell...a-radiata-edit

I don't hear a difference. Are you referring to the intro being longer? I think that was stuck at the end of Jeopardy in the album.
    Yeah, the intro is added to the end of Jeopardy instead of being part of the track, but when I'm not listening to the album, I like to hear that intro, even though it's short. It's like the calm before the storm.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 11-29-2016 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i hesitate to use remixes here, but since this has additional vocal melodies and lyrics not present on the original, i see it more as an alternate version:

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    trying to find the version of Easy Money from the USA live album by King Crimson, as it's definitely my favorite rendition of the song (the alternate lyrics, the solo, everything about it is great) but i can't seem to find it online anywhere.

i'm not a tool fanboy by any means, but the live version of this song is fucking transcendent

do covers count? because...

this one is quite good

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I used remixes, so you can use remixes. The point is if you like it more than the original or not.

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    trying to find the version of Easy Money from the USA live album by King Crimson, as it's definitely my favorite rendition of the song (the alternate lyrics, the solo, everything about it is great) but i can't seem to find it online anywhere.
    Honestly, I'd include every single performance from Radical Action except TCOL and "Level Five" (which isn't to say they suck with this band, but rather that I am extremely attached to the Level Five EP version of TCOL and the studio version of L5). This band is incredible. All the performances on Radical are definitive, imo, save these two.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I'm not sure if I like the remix better, but A Perfect Circle's The Outsider (Apocalypse Mix) by Danny Lohner uses a re-recorded vocal take of Maynard's first verse and it's really awesome.
    Shite, can't believe I forgot APC. Adding to my list:
    - Outsider Apocalypse mix
    - 3 Libras Massive Attack mix (specifically the way they do it live, like on Stone and Echo – but not on MDN Live, which doesn't mix vocals properly)
    - Renholder live (dat riff!)
    - Sleeping Beauty w/intro (prolly my most-disliked APC song, but the intro improves it)
    - Over live (obviously, it's a real fucking song)
    - The Nurse Who Loved Me live (follows the Failure arrangement for rock instrumentation – don't fuck with Failure!)

Puscifer
    - Sour Grapes (Where's the Line? Mix) [I like it so much I did an edit where it flows into the song proper]
    - Mama Sed live from C is for... EP
    - Indigo Children (JLE Dub Mix)

Tool
    - Stinkfist live extension (those riffs are great, man)
    - Jerk-off live '98 extension (they should've made the new part into a song for Lateralus, it's incredible)
    - Pushit 'slow' arrangement (honestly avoid the studio version, and have since I got into the band when Salival came out)
    - Bottom w/o Rollins (I fucking love Henry but the original MJK bridge is way less... forced?)

Queens of the Stone Age
    - Born to Hula re-recording (better mix and better arrangement)
    Last edited by seasonsinthesky; 11-29-2016 at 06:36 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I might be the only Tool fan that doesn't really care for the Salival version of Pushit. I mean, I used to like it, but nowadays, I like the studio version better.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Big Tool fan here but I can honestly not give two shits about the whole Salival thing.

Anywho... seeing APC live version in person at Red Rocks of "Counting Bodies Like Sheep..." absolutely blew me me away. Was never much a fan of either recorded version (Pets and eMotive) so that was an unexpected moment.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I love both versions of this song, so it's actually kind of a close call.

It's kind of weird how George was never quite able to make another great album after All Things Must Pass. Maybe it's cause that album was the accumulation of several years worth of his best songwriting material, almost like a lost greatest hits album.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Just listened to the 2001 mix of The Hollow. Yay for Josh! Tim's badly-recorded take still has some emotional resonance for me, though. The Paz version (Constantly Consuming Mix) is good, too. And the demo song Army was eventually reworked at the end of Ashes Divide's The Stone.

Goddamn, this is turning into yet another MJK thread... And many QOTSA songs are alternate (or, dare I say... finished?) versions of Desert Sessions songs. I like the DS ones for their rawness, especially Avon/Nova. But the Era Vulgaris version of Make It Wit Chu is the definitive one. And I stand by my opinion that TCV's Interlude with Ludes is an alternate version of I'm Designer.

An interesting comparison can be made between the two versions of Celldweller's Birthright: the "Beta 1.0" mix and the final version on Wish Upon a Blackstar. The intro of the Beta version features tinny, clangy drums, while the final one has crushing percussion. The same can be said for Death Grips' Hot Head. The first release of the song is different than the final version on Bottomless Pit. A simple extra bassline completely transforms the song. And speaking of updates, Bassnectar does a very fine job reviving his old stuff. The 2015 mix of Dubuasca rocks, and can also be considered an alternate version of Ephemeral.

The unfortunate re-recording of Ministry's Jesus Built My Hotrod with vocals by Al is still good for a chuckle or two.

Korn: I like the Alive version from Neidermeyer's Mind, because it includes the bridge of what later became Need To.

Cynic's Re-Traced has beautiful stripped-down versions of Traced in Air. It is, essentially, their Still.

The dub versions in the deluxe edition of Godflesh's A World Only Lit by Fire are breathtaking. It's so in line with Love and Hate in Dub, which makes Songs of Love and Hate seem poor by comparison. Justin loves remixing himself, and I love it.

Alessandro's remix of The Great Destroyer is brilliant. And the Orchestral Mix of Trent's Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 theme is better.

Dave Ogilvie had remixed Revolting Cocks' "I'm Not Gay" as "I'm So Gay". Hilarious and brilliant.

The Paul Oakenfold Club Mix of Happy Mondays' Hallelujah (which I discovered from the film 24 Hour Party People) is so awesome that it is the version the band plays live. Just like HTDA play Ally's mix of The Space in Between in concert.

And as for Coil's Backwards... damn, there are, like, FOUR versions of songs from it: the Backwards demo cassette, the Ape of Naples, The New Backwards, and finally Backwards 2015. I cannot decide which version is better. But I have to say The New Backwards is the most inventive one when it comes to remixing.

I prefer the second version of Metallica's Suicide and Redemption because of the rare James Hetfield solo. And both Guitar Hero versions begin with a badass bassline by Rob instead of fading in the whole thing.

The Soundtrack Version of Public Enemy's Fight The Power is the definitive one, as it's uncensored.

The live version of Propellerheads' Bang On (called Wrecked) has incredible drumming.

I also find it interesting when instrumental songs are re-released with vocals, like Stella Soleil on A Warm Place and Josh Homme on Unkle's Chemical (formerly Chemistry). I think that also happened with Ian Brown on Unkle's Be There.

Extended versions: ANBB's I Wish I Was a Mole in the Ground has an awesome extended edition. Curve's Faît Accompli has an "Extended Extended Extended" (no really) version which rules.

If Massive Attack's Black Milk is cold as ice, Black Melt is hotter than hell. And the old mix of Dissolved Girl is more raw and real.

And, last but not least, the 2015 mix of Pig Destroyer's Prowler in the Yard is EYE-POPPING. They changed the entire mix without adding or removing anything musically, and its differences with the original version should be demonstrated to any aspiring heavy metal producer. Speaking of which, how do you people feel about Steve Albini's 2013 mix of Nirvana's In Utero?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Just listened to the 2001 mix of The Hollow. Yay for Josh!

How come the original version has the "in cycles, in circles" line, but it's just edited to "in cycles" in the 2001 mix?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i wouldn't count covers, @eversonpoe - that's a whole 'nother thread! though yeah, bauhaus covers rip.

just reminded of this here alt. version that still gives me chills:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    How come the original version has the "in cycles, in circles" line, but it's just edited to "in cycles" in the 2001 mix?
    Yeah, that part threw me off as well. It was like, "gaaah, the song structure feels off".

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Kind of I want to on purest feeling is the first thing that comes to mind

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Yeah, that part threw me off as well. It was like, "gaaah, the song structure feels off".
    I remember him omitting that word on a live TV performance of it as well. It sounded awkward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Rammstein
    - "Du Riescht so Gut" '98 (everything was just... done better)
    Hm, the song is the same as on the original Herzeleid album, no? Only the video is different.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Hm, the song is the same as on the original Herzeleid album, no? Only the video is different.

On April 17, 1998, "Du riechst so gut" was re-released as a single under the title, "Du riechst so gut '98". Re-recorded during the Sehnsucht sessions, the song retains its original arrangement, except the start is shorter.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Does the version of Supernaut with Trent count as an alternate version?