Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Slipknot

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The band is re-releasing All Hope is Gone next month with 11 bonus tracks. These tracks are from a secret album that was recorded on the side. Here is a video of Corey talking about it back in 2011 when I asked him about it at Trees. So hyped.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    The band is re-releasing All Hope is Gone next month with 11 bonus tracks. These tracks are from a secret album that was recorded on the side. Here is a video of Corey talking about it back in 2011 when I asked him about it at Trees. So hyped.

Oh fuck yes!! I remember reading an interview with Jim way back in the day about this and have been hoping it gets released sometime.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Oh fuck yes!! I remember reading an interview with Jim way back in the day about this and have been hoping it gets released sometime.
    Agreed. I remember them talking about it in Revolver back in 2008, hence why I asked Corey about it. I've asked him and Clown a few times about it over the years. So glad we get to hear it finally. Only confirmation about the release is from the newest Metal Hammer.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Speaking to Joey today, despite his comments about his former band splitting in two, he still considers the Iowans his brothers and appears to hold little animosity over his departure. He still practises songs from All Hope Is Gone, declaring it his favourite Slipknot album (other than the first one). In fact, he still has a load of Slipknot demos currently going unused.

“Maybe some day they’ll surface, maybe they’ll never be heard, but I don’t translate them to any other band, they still stay in the Slipknot safe,” he says. “I won’t use ’em for anyone else besides Slipknot, if that ever happens again.”

Similarly, Clown has a load of material from his sessions in the ‘other studio’, cryptically revealing that after 10 years, the time “feels right” to release the 11 tracks he recorded during the All Hope Is Gone sessions.

“I think it [All Hope Is Gone] was us putting a darker twist on the risks that we started taking on Volume 3”, says Corey, reflecting on the album’s place in Slipknot’s story. “It could’ve been so much more. If we only listened to each other. If we’d only come together a little tighter, and I include myself. If we had only let go of some of the selfishness, it could have been incredible.”
    This is the quote from Metal Hammer. Seems a bit vague.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    This is the quote from Metal Hammer. Seems a bit vague.
    I tweeted to Corey and asked if the bonus tracks were the Look Outside Your Window tracks. He liked it so probably confirming it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    An AHIG reissue is coming, but with a bonus disk with a live show from Madison Square Garden, it seems.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    What an absolute letdown. They had the chance to make it special and blew it with a basic live disc.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    What an absolute letdown. They had the chance to make it special and blew it with a basic live disc.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm hyped for that live disc. But yeah, I'm kind of disappointed that the Look Outside Your Window tracks aren't on there. But then again, Clown never explicitly stated it would be on the re-release, but that it was time to release them, so hopefully we hear them soon. But overall, much disappoint.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Don't get me wrong, I'm hyped for that live disc. But yeah, I'm kind of disappointed that the Look Outside Your Window tracks aren't on there. But then again, Clown never explicitly stated it would be on the re-release, but that it was time to release them, so hopefully we hear them soon. But overall, much disappoint.
    the live disc is labelled as disc C, maybe there’s something more...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    the live disc is labelled as disc C, maybe there’s something more...
    It wouldn't surprise me if they slipped in a secret CD, but on the merch store it's listed as Disc 2. So I would think the Disc C is a typo.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Well that's a bummer that they STILL didn't give up that secret album, but I picked up the vinyl re-issue anyway. I never picked up the original pressing of it, so I figured why not. Curious as to whether the live album will just be a CD tossed into the gatefold or what. Also now that I'm thinking of it, it's surprising they didn't do a 10th anniversary for Vol. 3 back in 2014.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Well that's a bummer that they STILL didn't give up that secret album, but I picked up the vinyl re-issue anyway. I never picked up the original pressing of it, so I figured why not. Curious as to whether the live album will just be a CD tossed into the gatefold or what. Also now that I'm thinking of it, it's surprising they didn't do a 10th anniversary for Vol. 3 back in 2014.
    I'm excited for the live album because I think that was my favorite live era of the band and I saw them play that same setlist a couple weeks before the MSG show. It'll be a nice trip down memory lane.

Regarding Vol. 3, I would assume either A. They don't much more material to unearth from that cycle. B. They already put out a live compilation from that tour in 9.0 live (which really showcases how bad corey's voice was at the time, so that might deter them as well) and C. They could be waiting for 2024 for a 20 year re-release.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Disappointing on so many levels. Not only did they not include the secret album, they also omitted the original bonus tracks like Child of Burning Time and 'Til We Die. The new artwork is kinda meh, too.

Not gonna lie, though; that live disc looks sweet.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Disappointing on so many levels. Not only did they not include the secret album, they also omitted the original bonus tracks like Child of Burning Time and 'Til We Die. The new artwork is kinda meh, too.

Not gonna lie, though; that live disc looks sweet.
    Who even knows about the secret album though. Only four or five members contributed to it. Corey said it was called Look Outside Your Window, And I wonder if he means the album is called that or if the whole project is titled that. They may not release it under the Slipknot umbrella for all we know.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Yea , I was expecting it to release because that kerrang interview, Clown was dropping some hints about it.

Either way, its my least favorite record of theirs, whats odd is that Vol.3 didnt get a special 10 year anniversary.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Who even knows about the secret album though. Only four or five members contributed to it. Corey said it was called Look Outside Your Window, And I wonder if he means the album is called that or if the whole project is titled that. They may not release it under the Slipknot umbrella for all we know.
    True. But I don't see why they're even bothering to re-issue the album if there's nothing new. Is it even remastered? If not, this is barely newsworthy.

There's very little reason for someone to buy this unless they missed out the first time around or are a superfan who needs that live show.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    True. But I don't see why they're even bothering to re-issue the album if there's nothing new. Is it even remastered? If not, this is barely newsworthy.

There's very little reason for someone to buy this unless they missed out the first time around or are a superfan who needs that live show.
    yeah. I’ll probably get it just for collecting sake. I hope the live album is pressed on vinyl too and it’s just not some bonus CD.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Sorry for the double post but, Sid went on a twitch stream playing some Forza. I asked him when Look Outside Your Window is coming out, and he crashed his car and was like "shit I'm crashing thinking about that. I can't really say when that's coming out. You will need to ask Clown."

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    HA, thats pretty funny. But getting a straight answer from Clown is virtually impossible.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    HA, thats pretty funny. But getting a straight answer from Clown is virtually impossible.
    True story. but the way the metal hammer article was written and Clown's quote from it, does imply that it should be out soonish. If we don't hear anything about it by january, I'll ask Corey about it on twitter and see. He follows me on there and instagram so i guess you can say we are practically best buds.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I always wanted to know Mick's role in the band. I feel like Jim has been writing all the music as of late.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Live at MSG is up now on the streaming platforms. I dig the mixing so far, although it's a total bummer that they basically cut out the intro and just launch into (Sic).

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Does it sound better than that Mexico gig?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Does it sound better than that Mexico gig?
    Definitely. The band sounds fired up in it. Nearly all of the songs are played faster than the studio versions, and sometimes it sounds like they're not even using click-tracks. Most importantly, Corey doesn't blow his voice out in the first song. Get's a thumbs up from me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Whoa, Corey has announced his new mask is being designed by Tom Savini. Can't wait to see it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    wearenotyourkind.com was launched today, and it seems to be hinting at an upcoming american tour, as it directed me to coordinates for an Amphitheater 17 miles from me. It also seems to hint that either the next single, or the new album drops in 3 months.

Fingers crossed for a Slipknot/Code Orange ticket.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    wearenotyourkind.com was launched today, and it seems to be hinting at an upcoming american tour, as it directed me to coordinates for an Amphitheater 17 miles from me. It also seems to hint that either the next single, or the new album drops in 3 months.

Fingers crossed for a Slipknot/Code Orange ticket.
    You haven't heard? Slipknot's summer shed tour is with Gojira, Behemoth...and fucking Volbeat. All the news sites been reporting on it for a while. Good bill overall. I'll be there. I'll eat dinner during Volbeat or maybe ill just scream out Boiler Room song titles at Rob Caggiano.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    You haven't heard? Slipknot's summer shed tour is with Gojira, Behemoth...and fucking Volbeat. All the news sites been reporting on it for a while. Good bill overall. I'll be there. I'll eat dinner during Volbeat or maybe ill just scream out Boiler Room song titles at Rob Caggiano.
    Oh shit no I hadn't seen that. Volbeat is fucking terrible. That's a bummer. It'd be cool seeing Gojira and Slipknot together though, for sure.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Wack. I fucking LOVE Volbeat and I am completely hyped for this tour. Don't know much about Gojira though. I'll probably check them out in the coming weeks.