Page 115 of 150 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,450 of 4490

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I bought myself the CD remaster of MCIS as an Xmas gift to myself and have since been actively trying to not listen to it for fear of wearing it out too fast. This is my new 'The Fragile'. What a fantastic album.

Suffice it to say, I'm feeling pretty dumb for sleeping on this band until now.
    You will probably also love the Aeroplane Flies High boxset. A couple of its tracks appear on the Mellon Collie reissue boxset. They did a reissue of Aeroplane as well, taking Mellon Collie's 5 singles with a bunch of b-sides/covers they recorded during the Mellon Collie era to each CD. The boxset reissue adds even more material to each CD, instrumental demos, rehearsals, live performances. It's amazing the amount and quality of material from the Mellon Collie era. The extra Live From The Dark Globe collection is amazing. The set also includes a 30 minute live rendition of Sliverfuck.

I wish there were hi-res versions of the Aeroplane and Adore boxsets, like the other ones.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    You will probably also love the Aeroplane Flies High boxset. A couple of its tracks appear on the Mellon Collie reissue boxset. They did a reissue of Aeroplane as well, taking Mellon Collie's 5 singles with a bunch of b-sides/covers they recorded during the Mellon Collie era to each CD. The boxset reissue adds even more material to each CD, instrumental demos, rehearsals, live performances. It's amazing the amount and quality of material from the Mellon Collie era. The extra Live From The Dark Globe collection is amazing. The set also includes a 30 minute live rendition of Sliverfuck.
    The version of MCIS I have is just the standard edition. It'd be cool to own all the deluxe reissues, but

a) they seem to be hard to find, despite being only a few years old
    b) holy fuck are they expensive

Even the standard reissue of MCIS took me a while to track down.

Aeroplane reissue looks incredible. 30 minute Silverfuck? Fuck yes. Only ones I can find are a £100 used copy on amazon and a £275 sealed copy on ebay, both from Japan. Discogs has a bunch, all similarly stupid prices. How much did it originally retail for?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    This might be the wrong thread to write this in, but is anyone else here sick of Billy Corgan lately?
    I donno, I used to be a HUGE pumpkins fan in the late 90s and early 00s, Huge.
    But I can't listen to them anymore. I don't know why it is, but billy Corgan and friends just rub me the wrong way these days.

I just can't seem to make myself listen to, and enjoy their music. Even old classic records like MCIS and Adore just don't do it for me anymore.
    Fantastic records, but I don't can't really listen to them anymore for whatever reason. *shrugs* maybe it's just me.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Aeroplane reissue looks incredible. 30 minute Silverfuck? Fuck yes. Only ones I can find are a £100 used copy on amazon and a £275 sealed copy on ebay, both from Japan. Discogs has a bunch, all similarly stupid prices. How much did it originally retail for?
    The CD version was around $130 retail. Average sale price (at the time) was $85-$90.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    On Ebay I see the original 1996 Aeroplane Flies High dirt cheap, with bidding as low as $7.50, with other sellers selling as low as $12.00. On Amazon it's quite higher, about $80.00. I see the re-issue on Ebay for $135.00 as a starting bid and $176.00 to buy. The deluxe reissue is not available to buy on CD on amazon, only vinyl.

Quick question about The Aeroplane Flies High--which sounds better the 1996 original or 2013 re-issue? I'm sure we've already discussed this, but it's hurried in this thread.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    On Ebay I see the original 1996 Aeroplane Flies High dirt cheap, with bidding as low as $7.50, with other sellers selling as low as $12.00.
    Problem is, the shipping, which is as high as £45 (about $60 USD).

I'm also curious as to which release sounds better. @Shadaloo says "Pisces and Aeroplane had different and inferior vocal takes on a few tracks. Seek originals."

Imo, the original box is better presented than the reissue. The CDs are just in card sleeves with none of the original single artwork and the box itself similarly looks to be just made from card rather than a hard case. That said, the original release has something like 1/3 of the musical content.
    Last edited by katara; 02-26-2020 at 02:38 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The original lunchbox design with the handle was really cool.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    On Ebay I see the original 1996 Aeroplane Flies High dirt cheap, with bidding as low as $7.50, with other sellers selling as low as $12.00. On Amazon it's quite higher, about $80.00. I see the re-issue on Ebay for $135.00 as a starting bid and $176.00 to buy. The deluxe reissue is not available to buy on CD on amazon, only vinyl.

Quick question about The Aeroplane Flies High--which sounds better the 1996 original or 2013 re-issue? I'm sure we've already discussed this, but it's hurried in this thread.
    Problem is, the shipping, which is as high as £45 (about $60 USD).

I'm also curious as to which release sounds better. @Shadaloo says "Pisces and Aeroplane had different and inferior vocal takes on a few tracks. Seek originals."

Imo, the original box is better presented than the reissue. The CDs are just in card sleeves with none of the original single artwork and the box itself similarly looks to be just made from card rather than a hard case. That said, the original release has something like 1/3 of the musical content.
    It really depends on what you want and how hard into this band you want to get. I maintain the original releases sound fine, not to mention the tracks whose vocal takes got botched, but bonus material is a factor too:

The Pisces reissue comes with another CD of outtakes which compile a lot of material that has mostly been available on widely circulated bootlegs like Mashed Potatoes, and a reproduction cassette tape of their first self-produced release - likewise also freely available online for ages. It's also worth mentioning that the bonus CD is largely considered brickwalled to absolute hell. I can personally report ear fatigue after listening. The Pulse Basement Jam DVD is the only real treasure there IMO. I wouldn't call it worth it for anyone but hardcore SP nuts who want a reproduction cassette tape as memorabilia.

The Aeroplane reissue on the other hand comes with a great mix of heard-and-unheard Billy demos, studio demos, and some absolutely wonderful live performances (sadly the Double Door show is incomplete, but that too has been out in the wild forever). The cherry on top is the absolutely fucking outstanding Live Inside The Dark Globe CD, and an awesome DVD of the smokin' 1997 performance. I'd call the Aeroplane reissue worth it if you're hard into SP live. At a good price it's a treasure.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 02-26-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    New tour dates, smaller venues.

Sounds like a harder edged show this time?

https://twitter.com/SmashingPumpkin/status/1234514194998976514?s=20

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    APRIL 23 – Louisville, KY
    The Louisville Palace

APRIL 25 – Grand Rapids, MI
    20 Monroe Live

APRIL 26 – Indianapolis, IN
    Murat Theatre at Old National Centre

APRIL 28 – Nashville, TN
    Ryman Auditorium

APRIL 29 – East Moline, IL
    The Rust Belt

MAY 1 – Memphis, TN
    Beale Street Festival

MAY 2 – Atlanta, GA
    Shaky Knees Festival

MAY 3 – Hollywood, FL
    Hard Rock Live

MAY 5 – North Charleston, SC
    Performing Arts Center

MAY 6 – Columbia, SC
    Township Auditorium

MAY 8 – Greensboro, NC
    Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    No MN date of course, but I wife and I were planning on being in FL around the end of April/beginning of May, so that FL show might be perfect actually!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    finally got my hands on the Cotillians cd.
    Must say it is a lot more enjoyable than I anticipated.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    finally got my hands on the Cotillians cd.
    Must say it is a lot more enjoyable than I anticipated.
    Does it come with a booklet (with lyrics)?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    The CD is pretty bare bones, no booklet. It is a good album though, better than the last Pumpkins.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    As mentioned comes with nothing much. No album sleeve. One side of the digipak has writing credits and that’s it

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Being the sucker I am, I got one of the limited signed and numbered copies, #800, to be exact. It came with a thin lyric book and some pretty nice lithographs.

Loving that Billy's announced a tour full of the blistering hard-rockin' SP style everyone wants to see and has limited to central USA. Classic Corgan!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm really hoping to see Billy and Axl do a song together on the upcoming tour. Sometimes an opener joins the headliner for a song, so why not?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm really hoping to see Billy and Axl do a song together on the upcoming tour. Sometimes an opener joins the headliner for a song, so why not?
    Massive egos.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Massive egos.
    Boston is the last stop, hoping they make it that long. But they are older, wiser, so it should be okay.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Got my tickets for the Hollywood, FL show in floor section 101! Anybody been to that venue before?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Flood was wrong; Set The Ray To Jerry should have been on MCIS (in my opinion).

The SP Netphoria forums are such a cesspool of shitposting, I can't tell what's serious and what's not. I hope Billy Corgan doesn't frequent.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Flood was wrong; Set The Ray To Jerry should have been on MCIS (in my opinion).

The SP Netphoria forums are such a cesspool of shitposting, I can't tell what's serious and what's not. I hope Billy Corgan doesn't frequent.
    i also think "ugly" and "cherry" should have been on there instead of "beautiful" and "lilly" but that's just me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

would you bump something for "...jerry" or just add it in?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    would you bump something for "...jerry" or just add it in?
    Either We Only Come Out At Night or Lily (My One And Only) could have easily been switched for it.

So many of the B-sides are good enough to be on the album.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My personal playlists...

SIAMESE NIGHTMARE
    01 Cherub Rock
    02 Quiet
    03 Frail & Bedazzled
    04 Today
    05 Hummer
    06 Pissant
    07 Rocket
    08 Hello Kitty Kat
    09 Geek U.S.A.
    10 Mayonaise
    11 Starla
    12 Blue
    13 Soma
    14 Plume
    15 Silverfuck
    16 Spaced

MELLON COLLIE AND THE INFINITE MADNESS
    01 Where Boys Fear To Tread
    02 Bodies
    03 Mouths Of Babies
    04 Tales Of A Scorched Earth
    05 Zero
    06 God
    07 Thru The Eyes Of Ruby
    08 An Ode To No One
    09 Love
    10 Muzzle
    11 Jellybelly
    12 Porcelina Of The Vast Oceans
    13 X.Y.U.
    14 Bullet With Butterfly Wings
    15 The Aeroplane Flies High (Turns Left, Looks Right)
    16 Here Is No Why

A Door
    01 To Sheila
    02 Ava Adore
    03 Eye
    04 Perfect
    05 Daphne Descends
    06 Saturnine (Judas 0)
    07 Tear
    08 Crestfallen
    09 Waiting
    10 Appels + Oranjes
    11 Pug
    12 Shame
    13 Behold! The Night Mare
    14 For Martha
    15 Blank Page
    16 Blissed And Gone (Judas 0)
    17 17

Machina Ø: The Insane Nit Pickings And Ramblings Of An Obsessive Fanbase
    01 Cash Car Star
    02 Blue Skies Bring Tears (Heavy)
    03 Dross
    04 Wound
    05 The Everlasting Gaze
    06 The Sacred And Profane
    07 The Imploding Voice
    08 Home
    09 Stand Inside Your Love
    10 Slow Dawn
    11 Lucky 13
    12 Age Of Innocence
    13 Let Me Give The World To You
    14 With Every Light

The Zeitgeist Of Oceania, A Shiny Elegy By Kaleidyscope
    01 Superchrist
    02 Doomsday Clock
    03 The Fellowship
    04 Quasar
    05 Astral Planes
    06 Monuments
    07 Panopticon
    08 United States
    09 Inkless
    10 Tarantula
    11 Marchin' On
    12 Pale Horse
    13 Bleeding The Orchid
    14 Tiberius
    Last edited by neorev; 03-25-2020 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    So Shiny Vol. 2-3 is completely finished... what are they waiting for? Artwork and packaging design? I would love to know:
    A. The full album title
    B. The release date
    C. The track listing
    D. What the front cover looks like (assuming it's completed)

I'd also love it if they'd just come out and tell us that the spring tour is now a fall tour. We all know these shows aren't happening, but it sure would be nice to know for certain so I can cancel my flight and get my money back...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The coronavisus might slow things down. Are CDs and vinyls even being pressed now?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Well, the Florida date has officially been rescheduled (new date = Oct. 14), so I'd imagine the rest of the spring tour will be, as well.
    EDIT: Yup, the entire tour has officially been rescheduled to October dates.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 03-30-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Bummer, but it's to be expected. Hope October isn't being too optimistic.

In other news, I've plonked down a bit of spare change on the recent MII bootleg red vinyl. I've heard it sounds amazing. Maybe I can learn how to do a USB rip from my turntable...who knows, perhaps we can all enjoy a rip of a bootleg of a vinyl rip of a copy of a copy of a copy of a puppy of a coffee of a