Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2013.04.10 - Pomona, CA @ Fox Theater

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    Highly disrespectful.

People ruined a lot of this show. Like, every time Trent did something, all I could hear was girls screaming.
    I had an equal opportunity screamer near me... also got a few "I love you Mariqueen" and "I love you Atticus". I cringed during the first song when the screaming started once they figured out which shadowy figure on stage was TR, but the section near me shut up pretty much after that.

I was really impressed by the stage and the scrim like things on to which they were projecting the visuals... they looked like clear plastic rods hanging in layers; they could both move them across the stage and rotate them which would change the visuals projected on them (and the projectors were massive 2x2x5 boxes).

Also, if you were there by 4:30pm or so, even the non-presale line was like 10-15 people (went by them on my way to the presale line).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    On The Wing

I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but THANKS. Really looking forward to the show in NY now. I was more "meh" before seeing these

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragile Teeth View Post
    No, security was pretty lax at the fox theatre. People were smoking weed/cigarettes also and they dgaf.
    Well that's an improvement. Last time I was at the Fox theater the security were psychotic assholes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicmuse View Post
    I had an equal opportunity screamer near me... also got a few "I love you Mariqueen" and "I love you Atticus". I cringed during the first song when the screaming started once they figured out which shadowy figure on stage was TR, but the section near me shut up pretty much after that.
    I had my friend's girlfriend scream "I love you Rob" since he wasn't getting much love from the crowd, felt bad leaving him out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fragility3.1 View Post
    I had my friend's girlfriend scream "I love you Rob" since he wasn't getting much love from the crowd, felt bad leaving him out.
    Well Trent and Mariqueen are the main focus during the show. It makes sense. I wanted to scream out to Alessandro during the "The Space In Between" remix, but I had to contain myself. LOL why are we not allowed to have fun at a concert anymore?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Well Trent and Mariqueen are the main focus during the show. It makes sense. I wanted to scream out to Alessandro during the "The Space In Between" remix, but I had to contain myself. LOL why are we not allowed to have fun at a concert anymore?
    I think it's ok in between songs, but I don't think it's nice during songs.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Everyone should be screaming for Atticus though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    I think it's ok in between songs, but I don't think it's nice during songs.
    Meh, I mean when my band plays I like to hear reactions during the music. It helps pump you up.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    LOL why are we not allowed to have fun at a concert anymore?
    I'm all for having fun during concerts... and the screamer near me didn't really bother me once I determined that she was an equal opportunity screamer. It was more background noise than anything else... not like that time that I ended up next to 2-3 die hard Radiohead fans at a NIN LITS concert who proceeded to bitch that NIN < Radiohead for 95% of the show. They only shut their mouths during In This Twilight. I only have a problem when the behavior of the people around me is massively disrespectful and/or obnoxious. The crowd on the whole was nice.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Last one

We Fade Away

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    ...Why are there people screaming every time TR has a solo vocal part? Rude, tbh.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    "Fun" at a concert doesn't mesh with the horrible girl next to us screaming, "OPEN THE SCREEN" during the first three songs AS IF IT WAS A FUCKING CURTAIN THEY FORGOT TO OPEN AND NOT THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE FUCKING VISUAL CONCERT.

Her later screams (including screams every time Trent sang) were, "TREEENT YOU'RE PERFECT! TREEEEEEEENT! PEEEEEERFECT!" and "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST PLAY TERRIBLE LIE."

My girlfriend wanted to stab her. I kinda wish she had.

Everyone else seemed to be having fun without ruining anyone else's fun, but hey, to each their own, I guess.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

2013.04.10 - Pomona, CA @ Fox Theater

I would have told her to stfu

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    I would have told her to stfu
    Everyone tried. I don't think she heard us. She was on a different plane of existence brought on by (Tr)e(nt)cstacy, I guess. By the time the encore came around and she was still going the "shut ups" turned to one guy behind me yelling, "KILL YOURSELF." Still didn't work, ha.

Best part? She was wearing an XXXL bootleg TDS shirt. You wouldn't even shell out for the official fucking shirt, lady!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Everyone tried. I don't think she heard us. She was on a different plane of existence brought on by (Tr)e(nt)cstacy, I guess. By the time the encore came around and she was still going the "shut ups" turned to one guy behind me yelling, "KILL YOURSELF." Still didn't work, ha.

Best part? She was wearing an XXXL bootleg TDS shirt. You wouldn't even shell out for the official fucking shirt, lady!
    Someone should have punched her in the gunt. . .

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST PLAY TERRIBLE LIE."
    I am actually crying with laughter.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Actually, from where I was, there was some drunk lady talking the whole time. It got worse as the show went on. Her boyfriend didnt seem happy about it either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Her later screams (including screams every time Trent sang) were, "TREEENT YOU'RE PERFECT! TREEEEEEEENT! PEEEEEERFECT!" and "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST PLAY TERRIBLE LIE."

Everyone else seemed to be having fun without ruining anyone else's fun, but hey, to each their own, I guess.
    OMG, I hope Trent won't begin to hate that song because of that stupid biatch.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I am actually crying with laughter.
    Really? I'm normally great with laughing at stupidity, but I can't find any humor here. Honestly, it's people like this woman who actually make me feel okay about not getting to see HTDA this year. I'd love to see them, but this is not only rude and disrespectful to the artist, but annoying to everyone else who paid to go see them. IT'S NOT FUCKING NINE INCH NAILS. If you want to hear Terrible Lie so badly, go buy a plane ticket to Chicago. Otherwise, if you really have to scream all night long, at least scream for a song from the band you paid to see.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Also don't forget:

"I LOVE YOU TRENT! WHERE IS TRENT GOING?! TRENT SHOULD SING! SING SOMETHING TRENT, LIKE TERRIBLE LIE! SHAKE THAT ASS TRENT!! TRENT YOU HAVE A FINE ASS! "

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Now you guys know why I don't go to concerts. I'm sure I'd be arrested for assault.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jezstyle View Post
    Also don't forget:

"I LOVE YOU TRENT! WHERE IS TRENT GOING?! TRENT SHOULD SING! SING SOMETHING TRENT, LIKE TERRIBLE LIE! SHAKE THAT ASS TRENT!! TRENT YOU HAVE A FINE ASS! "
    GentleRed was at the show?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    --> Well the only song/video missing is The Believers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great videos suprefan, excited to see them on the Cochella stream.

All of the posts about bad concertgoers remind me of the only NIN show I went to where some drunk woman spilled her beer all over my sister. Fun times.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Man, watching last night's footage is making me regret passing on the Chicago show.

edit: Shaddap Tony!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jezstyle View Post
    Also don't forget:

Yeah she was fucking out of control.

The show was like, cool, I get to hear this part of the song now - oh wait no I get to hear bitches screaming about TRENT REZNOR now, nevermind.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    "Fun" at a concert doesn't mesh with the horrible girl next to us screaming, "OPEN THE SCREEN" during the first three songs AS IF IT WAS A FUCKING CURTAIN THEY FORGOT TO OPEN AND NOT THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE FUCKING VISUAL CONCERT.

Ah, makes me yearn for the days when people would set idiots on fire (literally), as was done during a 2005 NIN show in Davis, CA that I attended.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    aaaaaand, I'll just say that setting people on fire is a completely crazy response to almost anything

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Ah, makes me yearn for the days when people would set idiots on fire (literally), as was done during a 2005 NIN show in Davis, CA that I attended.
    Yeah I'm sure Trent wants you to fucking set people on fire.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Always funny when irony is lost on fools.