Page 149 of 156 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,470 of 4656

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I'm not casting aspersions on the name but damn. How do the moneyed hacks like him and Trump make inroads with people who should hate them?
    Well, it comes down to culture war bullshit...you know, the stuff on which our party is wasting its time, even as the world burns?

While we weren't looking, Republicans have SOMEHOW managed to position themselves as the Big Tent Party.
    Queer? Black? Hispanic? They'll welcome you with open arms.

Meanwhile, the current American left appears to spend their time policing language and expunging, well, LEFTISTS, like Rogan, because he questioned the status quo .
    Oh, also: it's COOL if you're a gay, or black dem...just make sure you've never uttered the WRONG bit of gay or black speech, ever, in your online life.

FURTHERMORE, we, the American left, promise black folks the fucking moon, but rarely deliver. See the ADOS movement.

In a pluralistic society, well, there are ONE other Convenient Options.

THAT'S how this shit works in the US, at least, as far as I can tell.

Edit: and I'm still a Carlos the Jackal Leftist, but we're definitely fucking up, currently.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-07-2022 at 11:44 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)

Baddass!

And, tangentially, fuck these people for calling this shit "Operation Lone Star."

Much like the Patriot Act, this course of action used a linguistic trick to aid in the invocation of legislation that's quite literally anathema to the core values upon which the Republic was founded.

Fuck Greg Abbott and his cronies.

And @thelastdisciple , PLEASE come get Ted Cruz. Take him by Tim Horton's, then to see the Oilers play the Maple Leafs, and finish off the night with poutine and MooseBeers.

Maybe play him a Rush album, too? The Guess Who?
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-08-2022 at 01:17 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

just the worst timeline.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

well, shit.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

well, shit.
    This is in the extremely frustrating Orthodox Jewish community here. They're heavy in Rockland County, and an Orthodox person is who got polio. They are notoriously anti-vax, responsible for a measles outbreak a few years ago in Rockland, and also infamously fought DeBlasio on a variety of Covid mandates all through 2020 & 2021. As a jew, I can comfortably say that, at the very least, the leadership in the Orthodox community does alot more harm than good. Google their hostile takeover of the local gov't in Lakewood NJ as another example.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Former Covington Catholic Student Nick Sandmann Loses Defamation Lawsuits Against CBS, ABC, NYT, and Others
    CNN settled with Sandmann in January 2020; NBC settled in December 2021. Those settlements left the five remaining aforementioned defendants; what followed was a round of discovery as to the five remaining cases.
    Looks like they should have held out a little longer, gave the little shit money he didn't deserve.
    Sandmann, who has at times tweeted about the lawsuits he filed, has not tweeted about the dismissal as of the time of this report.
    (there are five links there)

also: LOL

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    AJ being sued for 150 mil would be a whole lot like suing Dylan Avery (Loose Change) for about 15 billion, right?
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-04-2022 at 04:42 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Brittney Griner found guilty.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Brittney Griner found guilty.
    She pleaded guilty. But they sentenced her to nine years. It’s obviously extortion.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    She pleaded guilty. But they sentenced her to nine years. It’s obviously extortion.
    Ok so HERE'S my thing: would this woman actually show up in fucking RUSSIA, with HASH OIL?
    I'm just guessing, but I'll bet she's done some international travel.
    I THINK it was likely CBD oil.
    OR, she was just carrying the same shit she ALWAYS carried to, you know, the 40ish countries that have legalized medical marijuana.

Meanwhile, our favorite politician EVER here at ETS, Mr. 2020, has chimed in to set us all straight.

He called her a "spoiled ni..." Oh, wait he didn't say that.last word.
    But he might as well.have.

He went on to say: "she went in there loaded up with "drugs"...they don't like " drugs"...and she got caught. And now we're supposed to get her out?"e dru

Um. Yeah, dumbass. She's a fucking American. We're Americans.

Yes. We're supposed to get her out, you awful piece of shit.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-04-2022 at 04:04 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Ok so HERE'S my thing: would this woman actually show up in fucking RUSSIA, with HASH OIL?
    I'm just guessing, but I'll bet she's done some international travel.
    I THINK it was likely CBD oil.
    Yes, she did. She admits it. It was a mistake. She has scoliosis. It's hashish oil - a cannabis derivative - as recommended by a doctor here in the U.S., for pain. She mistakingly had it in her luggage, because she packed in a hurry. She's been on that basketball team for a long time, traveling back-and-forth.

Per the NY Times:

the director of UMMC Yekaterinburg, the team doctor and a fellow player testified in her defense, praising her athletic ability and character.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yes, she did. She admits it. It was a mistake. She has scoliosis. It's hashish oil - a cannabis derivative - as recommended by a doctor here in the U.S., for pain. She mistakingly had it in her luggage, because she packed in a hurry. She's been on that basketball team for a long time, traveling back-and-forth.

Per the NY Times:
    Yeah so she's fucking PLAYED for Russia, since 2014.
    I've been learning more. She's a 3x Russian National League Champion.

WHATEVER she had, it was prescribed to her in AZ.
    Some outlets are still claiming CBD.

Maybe it was cool before?

I do know one thing: they sure did like her, and that team, before.

We need to get her back.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Yeah so she's fucking PLAYED for Russia, since 2014.
    I've been learning more. She's a 3x Russian National League Champion.

WHATEVER she had, it was prescribed to her in AZ.
    Some outlets are still claiming CBD.

Maybe it was cool before?

I do know one thing: they sure did like her, and that team, before.

We need to get her back.
    I feel bad for her but regardless of what US law is, she disrespected Russia's sovereignty. No matter whether we agree with Russia's law or not it is their country. I have a feeling that if any of us were in the same position as her, we'd already be in a Siberian gulag. & no one would be trying to get us out. The US doesn't have the right to dictate another country's internal legal system. It's not like we're doing a stellar job running our own country.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I feel bad for her but regardless of what US law is, she disrespected Russia's sovereignty. No matter whether we agree with Russia's law or not it is their country. I have a feeling that if any of us were in the same position as her, we'd already be in a Siberian gulag. & no one would be trying to get us out. The US doesn't have the right to dictate another country's internal legal system. It's not like we're doing a stellar job running our own country.
    I FEEL you, and i understand the class argument. And I know there are other American citizens who have BEEN there. If I'm not mistaken, there IS a dude who has already done BEEN in a fucking gulag...well, doing a sentence of hard labor, for a hot minute, for a similar charge.

And maybe we're conditioned to be uppity, imposing our shit on other people.

BUT. We're fighting a proxy war with russia that could go sideways at any moment.
    My attitude is
    FUCK it, bring them ALL home, if we can.

I thought I was utterly immune to American exceptionalism, and I DAMN sure didn't think i.had a single.ounce of patriotism left in me, but I guess I do.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-05-2022 at 07:47 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    A tentative deal has been offered, for her and another American, Paul Whelan, (the older guy who was in Russia for a wedding but was falsely accused of espionage and sentenced to 30 years, total bullshit), in exchange for a Russian arms dealer who’s in prison here.

Trump’s comment makes it seem like we’re trading a drug addict for a murderer; not the case.

Now I guess Russia also wants some prisoner in GERMANY.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/29/p...est/index.html

Edit: For the record: Her offense is ordinarily a minor misdemeanor in Russia, this has been confirmed by legal experts from Russia. BUT, considering the fact that we are now providing arms to Ukraine, Putin can play around with laws however he wants; in this case, charging her with a big felony, instead.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-05-2022 at 02:43 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I'm all for bashing that guy, but a "... GUEST" wifi doesn't sound like it's a security network. And as stupid as that password sounds, it's typical of the kind of public code easily remembered and understood by your guests. I work at a place where we have an available ".... INVITED" wifi for the public and the code is AAAAAAAAAA.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yes but aren't those security cameras the ones that have been looking at the Top Secret documents?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    what I love is at this point every relevant page of those documents has been scanned a billion times. If you think otherwise, you don't know you're being spied on. If they give them back to Trump, it's a paltry goodbye gift.

Trump is now officially fucked, and he asked for it, and he's losing his mind, and I love it

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I guess I've never really considered the possibility of a hospital in an area that busy as closeable.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

I guess I've never really considered the possibility of a hospital in an area that busy as closeable.
    it’s pretty fucking terrifying. the other hospital that takes low income people is already overloaded and under funded.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That's really scary.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

pretty sure this counts as 'random'.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    r/maybemaybemaybe post:

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

so not what everyone was hoping. :/