Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    impending war with Iran now seeming almost certain... This whole situation is fucked. I feel like we're walking into "a second Cuban Missile Crisis," but this time, we have an unpredictable dumbfuck with his finger hovering over the nuclear button, instead of a measured leader who at least put some effort into the idea that his word could at least be trusted... that he'd do what he said. Instead we have a "leader" who says, ON TWITTER, "hey, I almost attacked you last night!"

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    all a political move. if we're in a war, it can benefit trump in two ways. 1) "I'm the only one who can get us out of this" and uses that for re-election to his base and 2) "I lost but the next person is screwed with the war"

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    problem is it's a "political move" by someone who clearly does not understand Iran, somehow...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    who doesn't understand Iran, or anything, for that matter...

..we really need to get him out. even when he's gone, he's already planted such a deep seed of poison in the country.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Yeah, I don't think Iran gives a FUCK, and, I don't think we really want it with them.
    It would be a nasty, bloody, possibly nuclear war, that would ultimately end with "Post Iran."

Then there's the possibility of Russia and China forming a coalition with Iran. At the very least, we'd likely have Lebanon and Hezbollah to deal with- a war with Iran would cause all KINDS of disruption in the region. There are groups who support Iran all over the Middle East.

Remember that country song that says "I don't know the difference between Iraq and Iran?"

I think this is likely true of Our Fearless Leader.

An Iranian conflict would different than any other war in US history: it would be asymmetrical warfare, with a complex enemy who I DON'T think would back down. And, what if it included terrorist style attacks on the US?
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-21-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Anyone who thinks full scale war with Iran wouldn’t result in terrorist funding.... aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrggg... WHY DID WE PULL OUT OF THE IRAN NUCLEAR DEAL? Did we ever even get an answer to that?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    We're all gonna die.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    WHY DID WE PULL OUT OF THE IRAN NUCLEAR DEAL? Did we ever even get an answer to that?
    I think basically just because it was signed in during the Obama administration. In Trump's childlike brain, anything Obama did was inherently bad and must be negated no matter what it is.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Well yeah, I know Trump’s big “plan” has been to undo everything-Obama, which makes racists happy on a conceptual level, cuz now if they close their eyes tight and wish really hard it’s almost like there never was a black president... but did we ever get an official attempt at a reasonable explanation? How is Trump not objectively eating crow right now for fucking this up so badly and predictably?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Well yeah, I know Trump’s big “plan” has been to undo everything-Obama, which makes racists happy on a conceptual level, cuz now if they close their eyes tight and wish really hard it’s almost like there never was a black president... but did we ever get an official attempt at a reasonable explanation? How is Trump not objectively eating crow right now for fucking this up so badly and predictably?
    I haven't looked very hard into this, but last time I checked, the "official" explanation for opting out of the nuclear deal is that it's not a "permanent" solution, which, according to opponents, means that Obama would "give" Iran nukes by having a deal that would expire at some point. It feels like it's not just another reversal of an Obama-era accomplishment, but also an attempt at looking "heroic" for his base, along the lines of: "Hey, Iran, I demand you to restart your nuclear program so I can demand you to shut it down permanently!"

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Trump and his team need to learn one thing about how our country works, for a reason; everything expires.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    This isn't really something we didn't know already, but I wanted to recognize the Salt Lake Tribune for this well-written and appropriately scathing editorial.

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/edito...torial-yes-we/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Iran gives a FUCK, and, I don't think we really want it with them.
    It would be a nasty, bloody, possibly nuclear war, that would ultimately end with "Post Iran."

Then there's the possibility of Russia and China forming a coalition with Iran. At the very least, we'd likely have Lebanon and Hezbollah to deal with- a war with Iran would cause all KINDS of disruption in the region. There are groups who support Iran all over the Middle East.

Remember that country song that says "I don't know the difference between Iraq and Iran?"

I think this is likely true of Our Fearless Leader.

An Iranian conflict would different than any other war in US history: it would be asymmetrical warfare, with a complex enemy who I DON'T think would back down. And, what if it included terrorist style attacks on the US?
    I love your line " I don't know what the difference between Iraq and Iran." It brought up memories of South Park where Saddam was taking over Canada and they couldn't differentiate between the two Middle East Countries. "Iran/Iraq. What the Hell's the difference?" lol

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Holy shit, reddit put r/the_donald in quarantine.

Fucking finally.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Up insomnia-ing at 3:00 am and just watched Trump walk into North Korea.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So when SCOTUS decides against Trump he's just gonna do it anyway? What was the fucking point of him packing the court in his favor then.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    So when SCOTUS decides against Trump he's just gonna do it anyway? What was the fucking point of him packing the court in his favor then.
    Roberts ruled against him on this, saying the reason for the question is contrived. But the SCOTUS sent the matter back down to the lower court, and Roberts said that if the Trump Administration had a better reason then perhaps the lower court might approve it (or not). So now Trump has demanded that the DoJ come up with a different angle and take the case back to the lower court. Except there’s a legal deadline for beginning the printing of the census, so that it gets done on time. Which is quickly approaching. If the lower court rejects the new reason and the DoJ then appeals to the SCOTUS, the SCOTUS, it could take months so the census would be delayed.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Meanwhile, I think we’re losing Chuck Grassley

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Is that some bizarre form of shorthand from his personal notes or is it intended to actually communicate something?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I think it means his account has been hacked by bots

in other news, Trump's glorious takeover of the 4th has been delayed due to rain and thunder.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Meanwhile, I think we’re losing Chuck Grassley

All right, who gave Trump the password to Grassley's twitter account?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    We had airplanes during the Revolutionary War. Wow.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    We had airplanes during the Revolutionary War. Wow.

Just came to post this. Shit is hilarious.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm just some silly Brit and even i'm not that ignorant on american history, or even just history...fucking hell!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I'm just some silly Brit and even i'm not that ignorant on american history, or even just history...fucking hell!
    I wouldn't be surprised if the British have a better understanding of that war than most Americans do. Our public education system is an unfunny joke.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the British have a better understanding of that war than most Americans do. Our public education system is an unfunny joke.
    That may be but almost everyone who’s been thru the system knows when flight was invented and used by the military. I mean, I can’t do geometry but I can tell you about the civil war. (And that there were no airports in pre 1900s wars.) trump can’t even do that.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    That may be but almost everyone who’s been thru the systems knows when flight was invented and used by the military. I mean, I can’t do geometry but I can tell you about the civil war. (And that there were no airports in pre 1900s wars.) trump can’t even do that.
    Trump probably basses ALL his knowledge on war from one or two war films he has seen, which were probably about WWII or Vietnam, and thus every war had planes and bombs and tanks...actually i'd imagine alot of his base do that as well.