Page 105 of 137 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 4099

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Hmm, I found Spader to be the most redeeming factor; he's fantastic.
    Agreed. Maybe Spader is an acquired taste for some, though. I love him and it was such a huge kick to see him again in a movie with RDJ.

Paul Bettany as Vision is another highlight of AoU. Speaking of Bettany, here's a little story he shared last month about Whedon being weird:

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i actually really like james spader, i just don't think he was right for Ultron. alan tudyk would have been a much better choice.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^^^

OMG I adore Alan Tudyk! He would have been great too, I'm sure. I'm watching him right now in Resident Alien and he's sooo much fun!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i actually really like james spader, i just don't think he was right for Ultron. alan tudyk would have been a much better choice.
    I really didn't enjoy Spader in this. The whole movie felt like a disjointed hot mess, and Spader's zing just didn't fit.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Spoiler: so the teaser for episode 7 has a glimpse of someone with a very familiar looking helmet... if it's indeed Magneto and Fassbender underneath I will run around my neighbourhood naked and screaming!
    I saw a couple of these trailers that were fan made - is there a legit one?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    ^^^

OMG I adore Alan Tudyk! He would have been great too, I'm sure. I'm watching him right now in Resident Alien and he's sooo much fun!
    Alan Tudyk just needs to be in more stuff honestly!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    I saw a couple of these trailers that were fan made - is there a legit one?
    Hmm, looking at it a bit more closely, it's fake. Damnit!

Last edited by dlb; 02-16-2021 at 03:25 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    that's why I only go to official pages for trailers. I fucking hate fake trailers that don't even try to say they're fan made. It's for clicks or spoilers.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm all for fan trailers/stuff, but if it's just to fool people just for clicks then they can fuck off honestly.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Have you checked out the series "Con Man"?

(Warning; Joss is in the trailer... but that scene is basically the only one he's in in the series)
    Last edited by MrLobster; 02-16-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Have you checked out the series "Con Man"?

(Warning; Joss is in the trailer... but that scene is basically the only one he's in in the series)
    still need to watch that, the trailers looked hilarious

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree, but as Ultron? Nah...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Nice! I'm really pumped for this movie and a nice score by Elfman makes this even better!

So WandaVision... we got the big reveal, apart from that not much did happen, but lots of questions are raised. I am really looking forward to the last two episodes and I hope shit goes down with a big finale and maybe an even bigger cliffhanger for Strange 2.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Celebrities · Trending
    Kathryn Hahn
    People are applauding Kathryn Hahn and Teyonah Parris' performance in the most recent episode of WandaVision
    welp, muting some words because I forgot to download it before I left for work.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It was [REDACTED] all along!

Also, that was actually a Spoiler: Mephisto reference, like for real this time, right?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    By the way, there is a post credits scene this episode of Wandavision. Or is it a mid-credits scene as it's in between the TV pixels credits and standard white font on black background credits? No other episode had one of these as far as I know.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Man... This episode. Soo many possibilities! What I didn't really enjoy was:

Spoiler: Agatha's reveal. I realllyyyy hope it is Mephisto's doing that she is acting full on villain because it is the complete opposite for her character; we'll see.

After the scene where Wanda realizes something is up, they focus on the bunny again which I thought may have been Agatha's familiar for the show since she has a cat that can shape shift in the comic, so it's either Nicholas, her son, or her cat lol. There are a few storylines connected to this, along with the Nexus commercial that pretty much links the multiverse so I'm really curious as to where they will bring it and makes so much sense on how they would implement the X-men into this timeline. House of M and Fantastic 4 come to mind as well here.

And... The support helping Monica has to be Skrulls, right?
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 02-19-2021 at 11:08 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

not a fan of either, though this fan-made one is pretty nice.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Spider-Man: Home On The Range

In hiding from his identity being revealed, Peter Parker gets a job at a dude ranch that turns out to be owned by the Osborn family...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    again, missing the obvious one....

Spider-Man: Work From Home

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    There was a fan-made poster with the title "Spider-Man: Homeworlds," which I liked the sound of and it supports/works well with the multi-verse concept. Otherwise I also like "Homesick," "Too Close to Home" and "Home Away From Home."
    But I have a feeling they might avoid the "home" thing this time around and just go with something that doesn't conform to that naming convention.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    No Way Home is the official title and coming this Christmas.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I like it. It seems to allude to possibly being lost in a multi-verse and/or not being able to return to life before being "outed" as Spider-Man (though I expect they'll have fixed that by the end of the movie somehow). I was wondering if they'd announce the actual title today, after floating the 3 fake ones yesterday.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I like it. It seems to allude to possibly being lost in a multi-verse and/or not being able to return to life before being "outed" as Spider-Man (though I expect they'll have fixed that by the end of the movie somehow). I was wondering if they'd announce the actual title today, after floating the 3 fake ones yesterday.
    The marker board has little hex symbols drawn on it. I'm freaking out jussttt a tad.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    speaking of hexes...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    speaking of hexes...

OH yes. I researched the hell out of this when it was first revealed. We need answers like, now.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    So that bit from Elizabeth Olsen buried under SuperPro there is about an upcoming cameo. On top of that, said cameo was leaked to the Internet and has been making its way around. I had to stop letting YouTube do it's recommendation thing because I noticed a lot of "is it ___" and "or is it ___" videos starting to pop up in the queue.

I've listened to some speculation because it was part of the podcast I was listening to but other than that I've tried to stay away from the leaked information. The only thing I am sure of is Spoiler: that the show leads into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness so it could be one of several people. And since Spider-Man 3 part 2 is coming out before that and we know that film is very potentially also dealing with the multiverse? Never mind the whole "can it be introducing mutants here?" aspect.

so that's the only speculation I've done and it's only with knowing what is officially confirmed. I want to be surprised by the "Luke Skywalker-level cameo" when it happens.
    One thing I keep thinking about in regards to the spoiler talk about the cameo, both of them have said "someone they've always wanted to work with" and that definitely precludes pretty much the entire MCU field at this point because they worked with almost all of them on the Avengers movies. Doesn't mean they're not waving their misdirecting hands around, though.