Page 104 of 137 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 4099

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Well. Spoiler: I guess if it's something you already knew about it's not as smashing? Still, gave the fam something to think about...though at the same time they didn't really care either because "it's still Quicksilver, Jesus." so I guess Disney buying Fox was all for naught.

also the D+ app was down for most of the evening, we could only watch it on my phone casted to the television for some reason.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I actually think it lacked impact, not because I knew it was coming, but because the fuller implications of his appearance aren't realized.

Like what if it's just this cameo? Then it's nothing and it's not interesting almost at all. It's a neat thing that happened. If it leads to more X-Men shit, then it gets more interesting. If it just leads to some non-mutant shit that happens to be in the Wanda/Vision/Strange orbit... I guess that feels underwhelming to me.

With all the spider man crossover stuff coming up... You'd think that would end up applying to mutants, right? Since incorporating mutants is so much of a logistical problem, opening up a whole multiverse seems to me like it would be mostly for their benefit. Especially as a comic that so heavily leans on alternate universes and timelines.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'm also VERY curious about Rambeau's (lack of) personal test results, and her clear beef with Captain Marvel. And us comic book nerds have known about the near unlimited power levels Scarlet Witch has had in the books for decades, so I wonder what the TV/movie audience will think now that they explicitly said she has the power to resurrect.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 02-08-2021 at 02:24 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I had to pause the show at the "she doesn't have a funny nickname?" discussion because everyone was like what do you mean she doesn't have a funny nickname? and we had to have a short and spirited discussion about the Mandela effect of how they've never called her the Scarlet Witch in this canon.

The closest anyone has come to calling her it was when Tony Stark referred to her as a witch in Age of Ultron.
    Spoiler: Also, was X-Man Pietro as much of a Jersey boy? I don't recall that he was, but then this is new territory overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I actually think it lacked impact, not because I knew it was coming, but because the fuller implications of his appearance aren't realized.

Like what if it's just this cameo? Then it's nothing and it's not interesting almost at all. It's a neat thing that happened. If it leads to more X-Men shit, then it gets more interesting. If it just leads to some non-mutant shit that happens to be in the Wanda/Vision/Strange orbit... I guess that feels underwhelming to me.

With all the spider man crossover stuff coming up... You'd think that would end up applying to mutants, right? Since incorporating mutants is so much of a logistical problem, opening up a whole multiverse seems to me like it would be mostly for their benefit. Especially as a comic that so heavily leans on alternate universes and timelines.
    well, it was a stinger at the end of the episode. Next week when we're in the 90s I'm sure they'll go into it more.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finally finished up rewatching S2 of The Punisher (took some time off from watching)... lots of maladapting psychology on display. I liked Jon Pilgrim. Billy got what was coming to him. Not sure If I'd like another whole season of The Punisher but using him in others stories would be sufficient for me (as has been rumoured lately).

Just have Jessica Jones S3 to finish up and I'll be done with Marvel for a while (until a lot more hit Disney+ or Disney/Marvel lets WandaVision out via Apple iTunes to be bought per season).

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I like what they are doing so far, it's so hard to tell exactly where this is going but i think it's safe to assume that...

Spoiler: This is MCU's House of M

Spoiler: This is how X-men are introduced starting with Pietro, but it might not be what we all think it is

Spoiler: They are setting up fight between what i have said are the strongest Avengers, Captain Marvel and Scarlett Witch...with the potential for the 3rd of the strongest right now to arrive...Dr Strange (remember he also almost took out Thanos on his own in Infinity War, and unlike SW (who'd had her powers for decades) and CM (who was at her peak of powers) he was still very much early in his career as the sorcerer supreme at the time)

They are doing good things with this!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Never thought I'd say that, but this might be one of my favorite things in the whole MCU!

And I wasn't even too fond of Vision and Wanda before. But this is made so well and detailled, although a little wonky at first, that it keeps me on the edge of my seat more than the high-class CGI-bombast in cinemas. And I'm afraid I've developed a huge crush on Olsen... the scene outside the Hex? Badass and my favorite female Marvel-movie character!

No, this as well as Dr Strange 2 is what I want to see the most out of Marvel right now, and I really hope they don't fuck up X-Men and F4 once again, whatever they might have up their sleeves at this point. Or maybe they are just teasing. For now. Personally I don't wish for too many crossovers and multiverses, yet if they pull it off I'm down for everything. Can't wait for espisode 6!

Spoiler: Loved how very Magneto-like Wanda was handling the security guys and letting them point their guns at Director Hayward... I'd probably die if Fassbender shows up in this somehow.
    Last edited by dlb; 02-07-2021 at 09:21 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    One thing Fox got right was casting, and i do really feel like Fassbender should get at least one more stab at M in a good movie. Imagine what he could do in the MCU with people how know what to do with him, an antagonist to rival Loki/Thanos.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I've been enjoying WandaVision, but THAT is the show I've been looking forward to! Great trailer, can't wait!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    That trailer is better than the earlier teaser I had caught.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Seriously looking forward to this one!!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I wonder if it's a good thing that they're leading with WandaVision vs. the other shows like Falcon and Winter Soldier or Loki.

If they had opened with one of the more action-packed, blockbuster level shows and then followed it with WandaVision, would folks have been given a precedent of what to expect and been extremely disappointed? (I mean i guess there's still some level of that already having to follow the movies but...)

I think WV is decent springboard to ease folks in to what we've got coming up.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I think opening with WV was smart, especially with the year that they had off after Endgame. It wasn't planned but it was a certain kind of bonus that there was that breathing room. It was a way to reset the board and give the stories breathing room, I think. Now WV is doing a slow burn back into everything and then you have FWS right after and then Loki and What If, never mind the BW movie that's also a step backwards, of a sort.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Although I really hate the chemistry between Falcon and Bucky and I'm really not interested in Loki (still, Hiddleston is amazing in this role!), after WandaVision I'm really intrigued if they tie into the next phase just as much as much. I don't see any big point in Black Widow despite giving Johansson a more proper send-off and in order to appease fans a bit more. Hawkeye? Really not sure about that one either.

But so far, WandaVision, Dr Strange 2, Thor 4, Guardians 3 and Spider-Man really seem to add up to something really big. Something so big that I'm not sure of Eternals and Shang-Chi etc. can live up to the hype.

Wow, my head is spinning thinking about what's about to come and that it might all really connect somehow. Seems like a big overkill for now, but color me excited for the future...

And what about Venom 2? Pretty bummed out we didn't get a trailer....

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So many wrenches are being thrown in one episode. I kind of love it. Dark too.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Swear to God. I had several well-written paragraphs and accidentally closed the tab. ARGH.

So...short version, not well-written:

Spoiler: Cataracts affect your Vision. ba-dum-tish.

Pietro's actually dead and not a mutant. He said he's dead. He's also oddly cognizant of the world he's in, much more so than anyone thus far. It's like he's the guy at the Con asking the writers why they did things a certain way in the show. I bet that was weird to write.

Also bubble got bigger and I think that's the seed for mutants ("molecular changes to DNA" or whatever she said) so when the bubble pops boom random mutations in the world = mutants. Kind of like the Inhumans. Which now that I say that I really hope I'm wrong because no one likes them.

No one.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ugghh... After this episode, I'm am sooo stoked to see if what I'm thinking will come true after that ending. Makes perfect sense.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Wanda creating mutants this way creates tons of problems if you want to introduce Wolverine, Magneto, Apocalypse... Any character with a distant past backstory

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Big theory i've been hearing what if...

Spoiler: Pietro's a plant, but not from SWORD or the big bad (whoever that is)...from Dr Strange! We all know Stranges movie will be the mulitiverse and Wanda, so it makes sense he has dabbled a bit by bringing another Pietro into the universe to try and get through to Wanda?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Big theory i've been hearing what if...

Spoiler: Pietro's a plant, but not from SWORD or the big bad (whoever that is)...from Dr Strange! We all know Stranges movie will be the mulitiverse and Wanda, so it makes sense he has dabbled a bit by bringing another Pietro into the universe to try and get through to Wanda?
    My money's on this. I'm pretty sure that Spoiler: Agnes is the villain here.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    My money's on this. I'm pretty sure that Spoiler: Agnes is the villain here.
    There's a theory out there that Spoiler: Agnes is actually Agatha Harkness.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    There's a theory out there that Spoiler: Agnes is actually Agatha Harkness.
    Yah.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Y'all gotta think bigger... Spoiler: Watching again, Quicks comment of "Demon Spawn" referring to Tommy... Telling Wanda what she wants to hear, this all sounds like we're getting a Mephisto reveal. Plus, Anges is just a play off of both Agatha and Harkness... Also, all the characters costumes were accurate to the comics so it makes sense she would be dressed as a damn witch lol. This is what I was explaining above, not the X-men.

And I'll go even deeper with the yo-magic commercial that didn't have a hydra reference from what I remember. In the comic, Mephisto absorbs the children so the kid not being able to open the yogurt and slowly die in front of us made me immediately think of this.

Love that this series has made me dust off my comics and give them a gander again.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 02-13-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It's great television keeping the villain reveal to the end like this but it's weird for the MCU to this point as well. Usually you know by the end of the first act of the movie why the good guys are fighting the bad guys.

Love it, but it's going to be strange moving forward. No pun intended.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Spoiler: so the teaser for episode 7 has a glimpse of someone with a very familiar looking helmet... if it's indeed Magneto and Fassbender underneath I will run around my neighbourhood naked and screaming!

The show is still extremely good at keeping me on the edge of my seat. Some stuff seems a bit wonky and I'm not really feeling Peters here, but the stuff outside the Hex is ultimately exciting to watch and I can't wait for a Wanda getting in on the action more as the finale approaches.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    rewatching Age Of Ultron right now and, while i don't dislike it as much as Iron Man 2, it's really not a good movie, and i derive almost no enjoyment from it. that said, it does give us Wanda & Vision, and there are a few cool moments (especially the Peggy & Cap hallucination) but it very much suffers from Whedonitis (yes i just coined that). and james spader is so​ miscast and over the top.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    rewatching Age Of Ultron right now and, while i don't dislike it as much as Iron Man 2, it's really not a good movie, and i derive almost no enjoyment from it. that said, it does give us Wanda & Vision, and there are a few cool moments (especially the Peggy & Cap hallucination) but it very much suffers from Whedonitis (yes i just coined that). and james spader is so​ miscast and over the top.
    Hmm, I found Spader to be the most redeeming factor; he's fantastic.

I do agree though with everything else. The direction and tone is all over the place with a few memorable shots/scenes/characters. It never really came together in a cohesive way unfortunately, and they could have at least had a send off or ANYTHING for Pietro sacrificing himself. Made no sense to me.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Cuttelfish. Whomp whomp whomp....