Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bird Box (2019)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    The fact that none of this music is on CD......based on the tons of comments on the NIN fb page demanding a CD, I would say this is a valid point of contention
    I respected, but disagreed with your CD thoughts in 2016, but now I wish you'd just piss off somewhere else with them. It's clearly not going to change anything, so you can stop wasting your energy for every single release that they put out. Jesus Christ, man, let it the fuck go.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I respected, but disagreed with your CD thoughts in 2016, but now I wish you'd just piss off somewhere else with them. It's clearly not going to change anything, so you can stop wasting your energy for every single release that they put out. Jesus Christ, man, let it the fuck go.
    OK Boomer

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Call me optimistic, but it's possible new orders were temporarily disabled. I don't remember an initial note about BB being a December 2nd preorder, but regardless, the quantity according to the site code is still 893 (and dropping if you F5 and check again).
    The quantity according to the site code is 0, and 52 left in the UK store.
    There are 852 copies of With Teeth DE left. Probably they stocked some more, but I won't get my hopes up.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe already got a shipping notification so maybe they only had a limited stock available on hand, and then on December 2nd, they'll restock with more? At least thats what I'm hoping at this point. A total bummer though. I had totally planned to strap on my headphones and space the fuck out before bed listening to those instant downloads. I keep checking KL like a mofo.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    OK Boomer
    I'm 27 tho.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    @eversonpoe already got a shipping notification so maybe they only had a limited stock available on hand, and then on December 2nd, they'll restock with more? At least thats what I'm hoping at this point. A total bummer though. I had totally planned to strap on my headphones and space the fuck out before bed listening to those instant downloads. I keep checking KL like a mofo.
    mayhaps check your inbox...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    hehehe same here, when I saw these releases yesterday I was like “holy shit I want them now”.
    But I can’t buy them before next month and my girlfriend can’t understand why I hit F5 on KL again and again “they can listen to the remaster of with teeth and the extended edition of bird box and I can’t right now arghhhh” ��

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    "Trespasser" is creepy as fuck, it's like the TR&AR-as-score-writers' answer to NIN's "Screaming Slave".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Was just able to order Bird Box after it was 'Sold Out' yesterday.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    ^ There are more than that many in my DMs looking to steal the files. Maybe learn to torrent them and burn a CD? Just a suggestion.
    Would love to, but nothing appearing yet on torrent sites I know of, so a bit stuck.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecirb View Post
    Was just able to order Bird Box after it was 'Sold Out' yesterday.
    And it's gone again... for the time being. US store was showing 420 for quantity, and UK store was at 35.

With Teeth is holding steady at 741/755/751 (US).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    And it's gone again... for the time being. US store was showing 420 for quantity, and UK store was at 35.

With Teeth is holding steady at 741/755/751 (US).
    Just curious how do you find these stock numbers?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    Just curious how do you find these stock numbers?
    Using Firefox:

1). Right-click on the product page, and select "View Page Source" from the drop down.
    2). Ctrl+F to bring up the Find function; input "quantity" in the search.
    3). Go to the second result, this should be the first option for digital download (typically it's MP3, WAV, FLAC). To the left of the quantity will be useful information about the item (digital format, item name). To the right of "quantity" will be a numeric amount.
    4). Find the next instance of "quantity" and repeat Step #3 x2 to find remaining two results.
    5). YMMV. You will get multiple items and quantity numbers, so double-check you're looking at the correct item while snooping at inventory.
    Last edited by Jon; 11-23-2019 at 11:50 AM. Reason: so fresh, so clean

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Using Firefox:

1). Right-click on the product page, and select "View Page Source" from the drop down.
    2). Ctrl+F to bring up the Find function; input "quantity" in the search.
    3). Go to the second result, this should be the first option for digital download (typically it's MP3, WAV, FLAC). To the left of the quantity will be useful information about the item (digital format, item name). To the right of "quantity" will be a numeric amount.
    4). Find the next instance of "quantity" and repeat Step #3 x2 to find remaining two results.
    5). YMMV. You will get multiple items and quantity numbers, so double-check you're looking at the correct item while snooping at inventory.
    Oh I see. I don’t have Firefox installed but glad I was able to order this before it got sold out. Never got these emails ppl are talking about as I got lucky going to the score forum page. This things gonna cost me $150 CDN, have to wait for With Teeth at local record store to get with The Fragile DE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some of these songs make my subwoofer want to cum.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by untold View Post
    hehehe same here, when I saw these releases yesterday I was like “holy shit I want them now”.
    But I can’t buy them before next month and my girlfriend can’t understand why I hit F5 on KL again and again “they can listen to the remaster of with teeth and the extended edition of bird box and I can’t right now arghhhh” ��
    Pretty sure you guys aren't talking about Kuala Lumpur.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Pretty sure you guys aren't talking about Kuala Lumpur.
    yeah, wtf is KL?

killer leprechauns? KY lube? kermit's longing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For those that have listened, are the tracks that were on the abridged version of the soundtrack the same on this one or have they been extended/reworked at all?

Any guesses on whether this will be available for purchase digitally / make it to streaming sites? I bit the bullet for The Fragile Deviations when it was released (to get a download code, I don't own a record player), but The Fragile is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frl View Post
    For those that have listened, are the tracks that were on the abridged version of the soundtrack the same on this one or have they been extended/reworked at all?

Any guesses on whether this will be available for purchase digitally / make it to streaming sites? I bit the bullet for The Fragile Deviations when it was released (to get a download code, I don't own a record player), but The Fragile is one of my favorite albums of all time.
    They're the same - the only differences are in how they transition into the new tracks, but that's only at the tail ends and doesn't affect the songs themselves.

As for the second question, I guarantee it'll be the same as the Definitive Editions and Deviations - never. Seems very much to be oriented towards the physical product the same way the others were.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frl View Post

A few of the transitions are different because of the alternate track listing. As such, some of the tracks are a second or two shorter than on the "Abridged" version.

I'm planning on doing a review after I complete my fifth listen. I know it's very early, but this is my favorite score work TR+AR have done to this day; head-and-shoulders above Gone Girl. The new tracks fill in the "gaps" so nicely and help to give this score a very specific, claustrophobic atmosphere.

I've been fanboy-ing out since release... this is brutal yet beautiful, completely isolating, yet somehow cozy when you get a piano break from the drones. It's the Gone Girl formula, advanced.
    Last edited by Jon; 11-24-2019 at 12:56 AM. Reason: spla-doosh!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    A few of the transitions are different because of the alternate track listing. As such, some of the tracks are a second or two shorter than on the "Abridged" version.

I'm planning on doing a review after I complete my fifth listen. I know it's very early, but this is my favorite score work TR+AR have done to this day; head-and-shoulders above Gone Girl. The new tracks fill in the "gaps" so nicely and help to give this score a very specific, claustrophobic atmosphere.

I've been fanboy-ing out since release... this is brutal yet beautiful, completely isolating, yet somehow cozy when you get a piano break from the drones. It's the Gone Girl formula, advanced.
    it's taking quite a lot of self-control for me to wait until i have the records in hand to listen to this

according to my tracking, it'll arrive by end of day friday

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I watched a chunk of the movie yesterday.

Spoiler: I got chills when I saw the Bird Box for the first time

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Also lol the mobile theme just shows spoilers straight up

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Someone on Reddit already got Bird Box and WT yesterday, and they had the audacity to not post photos of Bird Box. Hook us up, guy!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    someone on reddit already got bird box and wt yesterday, and they had the audacity to not post photos of bird box. Hook us up, guy!
    how!?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Have any UK orders had a shipping notification? Mine has not.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Have any UK orders had a shipping notification? Mine has not.
    No...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    how!?
    Fulfillment from California and the guy lives in LA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Birdbox is back up at Nin.com

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So because i like torturing myself, how does the extended version sound...it's good isn't it?