Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I checked out Child's Play 2019 and it sucks. I did my best to not compare it to the original because I actually liked the concept of AI toys going rogue. Even as a stand alone film it's terrible. Chucky has no character, the movie focuses on the kids trying really hard for a Stranger Things vibe, the story is boring, and there's no tension whatsoever. I wasn't expecting anything great, but I thought it would be a decent or at least entertaining movie.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    I checked out Child's Play 2019 and it sucks. I did my best to not compare it to the original because I actually liked the concept of AI toys going rogue. Even as a stand alone film it's terrible. Chucky has no character, the movie focuses on the kids trying really hard for a Stranger Things vibe, the story is boring, and there's no tension whatsoever. I wasn't expecting anything great, but I thought it would be a decent or at least entertaining movie.
    that's what happens when you pry a beloved property from its creator's hands and don't do anything right with it. still so pissed that they even made it.

don mancini was (i believe) of of, if not the first out, gay writer/directors in horror, so i have a lot of respect for him for that alone. the fact that he's also a good​ writer and director makes me love him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Agreed. The reboot was really unnecessary. There's just so much wrong with that film and it's a shame that few people involved with the original were involved with this one. It makes me wonder how the series that Don Mancini is working on will be. It's gotta be better than this garbage.