Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN spotting 2020

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    LOL I can't believe this is at the frontpage of nin.com

I see you, TR.
    THE LAST OF US PART II IS A SAD GAME WHERE PLENTY OF SAD THINGS HAPPEN TO ITS CAST OF SAD CHARACTERS. IT ALSO STARS A TRAUMATIZED CHARACTER NAMED ELLIE WHO CAN PICK UP ACOUSTIC GUITARS SHE FINDS MIRACULOUSLY PRESERVED THROUGHOUT THE RUINS OF POST-APOCALYPTIC AMERICA AND, IF THE PLAYER IS A REAL ASSHOLE, HEAP EXTRA MISERY ONTO HER PLATE BY GETTING HER TO PLAY BUMMER SONGS ON THEM. READ MORE ON AV CLUB.
    i am CACKLING

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    LOL I can't believe this is at the frontpage of nin.com

I see you, TR.
    I hope playing acoustic guitar medleys is an optional feature in the game? Otherwise I’m not buying it. I can’t bear acoustic guitar troubadours, it’s a real pet peeve

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I hope playing acoustic guitar medleys is an optional feature in the game? Otherwise I’m not buying it. I can’t bear acoustic guitar troubadours, it’s a real pet peeve
    Anyways, here’s Wonderwall

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Not really sure how this is legal or if it even counts as a spotting, but this online store is selling tons of album art/band logo related clothing in a variety of avaliable colors, and NIN just so happens to be included.

https://nightchannels.com/collection...e-spiral-shirt

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Not really sure how this is legal or if it even counts as a spotting...

Zero chance those are licensed.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Not really sure how this is legal or if it even counts as a spotting, but this online store is selling tons of album art/band logo related clothing in a variety of avaliable colors, and NIN just so happens to be included.

In a hoody as well.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    They're all print on demand, which I'm not a fan of. I stopped doing Teespring because I was not happy with how the shirts held up to repeated washing. I have shirts from the 90s that look better than a couple of the ETS shirts I did as print on demand. The last few I did were with Cotton Bureau and were proper ink/silkscreen, but it was a fight to get them not to fuck that up, after they fucked up the first batch.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This has probably been posted already, but I just came across it:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This is old, but at the end of this 1999 VMAs pre show interview with Aaliyah, she says she’s a huge fan of NIN. I’d heard about this, but never saw her actually saying it

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Can't speak for their recent work, but I have a shirt from 2013 from these guys that is still in great shape and has outlasted many official pieces of merch.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I'm only 10 minutes into this 2016 BBC documentary and they've already played two clips of NIN songs. (Warning edit: There's some real life death and gore in this if you'd rather avoid seeing it)
    Last edited by Wolfkiller; 07-10-2020 at 02:36 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    I'm only 10 minutes into this 2016 BBC documentary and they've already played two clips of NIN songs. (Warning edit: There's some real life death and gore in this if you'd rather avoid seeing it)
    Adam Curtis tends to use NIN a lot. Also lots of Aphex, Burial, Clint Mansell. His documentaries are essential viewing for understanding the world we live in today. Hypernormalisation is extraordinary. I also recommend 'The Century of the Self' and 'All Watched Over By Machines of Loving Grace'. All have lots of NIN, used brilliantly.

It's worth checking out this interview with him on Adam Buxton's podcast (weirdly one of the guys who introduced NIN at Glastonbury a few posts above). Curtis speaks of Right Where It Belongs being one of his favourite ever songs towards the end of the episode. http://adam-buxton.co.uk/podcasts/ep44-adam-curtis.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    This has probably been posted already, but I just came across it:

I'm trying to find some Weeknd/Kanye/NIN stage comparisons but I'm only getting clickbait. Has anyone found any side-by-sides?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I'm trying to find some Weeknd/Kanye/NIN stage comparisons but I'm only getting clickbait. Has anyone found any side-by-sides?
    I haven't found side-by-sides, but there's pictures for The Weeknd and NIN on leroybennett.com

This is from The Weeknd's The Madness Tour (2015):

Relevant topics to search on Google:

Stufish Entertainment Architects
    Leroy Bennett (Designer)
    Todd Kaplan (Photographer)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Watchmen Q&A moved here

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Josh Freese remembering LITS. Is this video from AVOTT?

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Is this video from AVOTT?
    Yep.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I haven't found side-by-sides, but there's pictures for The Weeknd and NIN on leroybennett.com

This is from The Weeknd's The Madness Tour (2015):
    Oh dang, that really does look like a NIN set. In fact, it looks like several different NIN sets sort of smashed together.

It makes you wonder how that happens; does the designer just reuse previous concepts without discussing it with artists? Or does the artist get to flip through a portfolio of work and pick something that somebody else has already done?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

it's a new mash-up... it won't be to everyone's liking.... I dig it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Mike Shinoda mentions NIN fandom (he’s another contender for inducting NIN into RRHOF in my opinion

Another podcast for Watchmen promotion.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/be...screen-1302903
    Last edited by WorzelG; 07-13-2020 at 02:43 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Oh dang, that really does look like a NIN set. In fact, it looks like several different NIN sets sort of smashed together.

It makes you wonder how that happens; does the designer just reuse previous concepts without discussing it with artists? Or does the artist get to flip through a portfolio of work and pick something that somebody else has already done?
    I'm sure it became, "Oh, you did 'x' event? I'd love for our set to be that + 'y'". It seems like it probably started out much more innocently, with someone on the crew making a suggestion based on a show they saw or worked.

The Lady Gaga tour in question was the Born This Way Ball, but I haven't looked through enough pictures to see what the fuss is about.

Here's U2:

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Like any kind of artist, the guy probably has a portfolio or a demo reel that includes photos and video of all their best productions, which would undoubtedly include NIN. Any graphic designer would know that when pitching concepts to a client, they often like to take their two favorites and bash them together with a shovel (whether they go together or not), making a Frankenstein's monster comprised of mishmashed parts of both. Either that, or the visual artist who designed the stage setups has a somewhat limited bag of tricks to draw from (though I believe the former to be the case).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Out of interest, regarding the Emmy awards, in the category ‘music supervision’ the Watchmen episode with the nostalgia flashbacks is put forward, (that contains The Way it Used to Be), but also the Black Mirror episode with On a Roll (although both under the name of the person supervising the musical choice!)
    https://www.emmys.com/sites/default/...on-2020-v1.pdf

Also The Way it Used to Be has been put forward in the category ‘outstanding music & lyrics’, just under the category ‘music’
    https://www.emmys.com/sites/default/...ic-2020-v1.pdf

Sorry, should add that the score for the first episode is nominated generally under Limited Series - for some reason they seem to nominate individual episodes rather than an overall thing, which I suppose makes sense inthe context of TV with lots of episodes

Dispatches From Elsewhere was also put forward
    Last edited by WorzelG; 07-14-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Wasn't really sure where to post this, but get a load of the latest NIN FB Page....also, check out the qualifying questions to get in, I'm still waiting for my results.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Rob Sheridan found out about the right-wingers cocksuck group and he has words.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Rob Sheridan found out about the right-wingers cocksuck group and he has words.

LOL @ the RATM/TM fans who just realized the band was political

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    billy boy slaps them for Coachella headline in 3... 2...

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Love-in for Finck and "31 Ghosts IV" happening on Josh Freese's instagram throwback to 2008 (JMJ chimes in on the comments, too).

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Someone must have posted this before, but...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsi8eysgjAG/