Page 151 of 181 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,530 of 5427

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

this is me next week, fuck yeah.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Butts.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Butts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like many others, my life is probably divided into before and after. Before the spread of COVID, it was extremely difficult to get joy from little things. But when I stayed at home for several months, working remotely and leaving home 1-2 times a week, going through depression and finding myself, I learned to slave to little things. I learned how to do so many things with my own hands to calm myself. As a result, I get a thrill from little things. I made a couple of bookshelves over the weekend and am very happy. Now I have ordered additional equipment for myself to make it more convenient to do what I have planned for home improvement. For woodworking I ordered myself a Bosch MRC23EVSK. If anyone is interested, [admin edit]Google it[/admin edit]. You can choose a suitable option.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KayBur View Post
    Like many others, my life is probably divided into before and after. Before the spread of COVID, it was extremely difficult to get joy from little things. But when I stayed at home for several months, working remotely and leaving home 1-2 times a week, going through depression and finding myself, I learned to slave to little things. I learned how to do so many things with my own hands to calm myself. As a result, I get a thrill from little things. I made a couple of bookshelves over the weekend and am very happy. Now I have ordered additional equipment for myself to make it more convenient to do what I have planned for home improvement. For woodworking I ordered myself a Bosch MRC23EVSK. If anyone is interested, [admin edit]Google it[/admin edit]. You can choose a suitable option.
    wow i really cannot tell if this is spam or not but all of your posts have been...pretty weird so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KayBur View Post
    For woodworking I ordered myself a Bosch MRC23EVSK. If anyone is interested, [admin edit]Google it[/admin edit]. You can choose a suitable option.
    If you are spamming a referral link that's naughty. If you are simply stoked about getting a nice router, that's cool. But any router is only as good as the jigs which allow you to do advanced stuff easily. I have over 120 router bits and a few dozen jigs. Many have only been used once. But gosh darn it's so much fun to have a good jig when you need it!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://www.thechosenprime.com/tftgmaverick

So there's a Top Gun Transformer. I mean makes sense, there are plane transformers. But this one has a volleyball.

Is...is that robot coming on to me?
    Last edited by allegate; 11-17-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    No cutoff shorts. 6/10

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I am waffling so hard on this. I have the dough - lol puns - but I don't think I can swing the looks I'd get from my family.

https://gravityblankets.com/products/the-original-pan-weighted-blanket

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    https://eversonpoe.bandcamp.com/trac...m-soma-version

our very own @Soma has been kind enough to remix my song "mirror" and i love it so much <3 <3 <3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    wow i really cannot tell if this is spam or not but all of your posts have been...pretty weird so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I just have a peculiar manner of communication and my own view of things. I can’t be an expert in all questions, so maybe at some moments my answers seemed strange to you. This was not spam, this is just a useful resource where you can see collections of useful things. I don’t sell any product to anyone and I don’t urge to buy. Just sharing my experience.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    https://eversonpoe.bandcamp.com/trac...m-soma-version

our very own @Soma has been kind enough to remix my song "mirror" and i love it so much <3 <3 <3
    Grabbed it and listened to both last night. still a great song, and a great remix. good job both.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Finally got my car back from the autobody shop after not having it for a whole week. Finally my car accident can come to a close.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Whoever does good will be forgiven
    Therefore be good in all your journeys
    Then you'll soon have visitors
    We'll come with the song book

We were born for music
    We are the servants of your ears
    Whenever you're sad
    We play for you

If you live without sin
    And give each other a hand
    If you don't squint into the sun
    a song will be played for you

We were born for music
    Whenever you're sad
    we play for you

Whenever you can't sleep
    May you be treated to a song
    And heaven cracks
    A song falls softly from the light of heaven

We were born for music
    Whenever you're sad
    We play for you

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I had an INSANELY close friend growing up, and we played music together. But we were VERY competitive about it.
    (This is one of the two friends who bought me the xbox and game pass and everything.)

This dude is an amazing musician. He doesn't even play guitar much anymore; he makes like, film score style compositions.

Last night, he told me that the electronic shit I made on the 90s synths we had back then were as good as Timbaland, and he's been chasing me ever since. He would never have admitted back then, though.

That shit made my WEEK. And, best of all, I've got MUCH better new beats (as the kids call them) on my QY-100 than I was making 20 years ago.

So, now I can maybe make music again. I can send him the instrumentals or even just the stems, and he can play guitar, or add more synth lines, and/or vocals.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Eating a giant plate of turkey, stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce for the third night in a row, and also, doing shit like just grabbing pieces of cold turkey and dipping them in cranberry every time i pass the refrigerator.

This is the silver lining to my wife making a big ass family reunion style thxgiving dinner, but there only being three of us because of covid.

(for the record, turkey with stuffing and cranberry is my favorite food.)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Skip to 1:26:

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    @Erneuert : that reminds me of the greatest greentext of all time:

Last edited by allegate; 12-01-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    I swear, the 00:37 mark of this has never once managed to not make me spit-laugh.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

In any other year the bottle + paper combo would be something totally different.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Just had a call with my boss. The company i work for (which has been excellent after a couple of wobbly weeks at the start of the pandemic) are looking to fully embrace flexible working, so starting from April (should the vaccine all get sorted here) they are going to work out what roles need to be in and for how long, with a view to maybe rent out some of the office space (we own the building which is rare in London) and my boss agrees that i just do not need to be there as the last 8 months i've not just done my role without any issues but covered others aswell, so from April i'll only be in 1 day a week (for a team meeting and to keep in touch with other workmates) which is awesome! Working from Home has been fantasic for me this year, and also means i don't have to worry about living in london long term, i can move further out and save!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    What motivates me the most about staying alive at this moment is the idea that I may get a dog. Other than that, I have intense existential dread. Maybe it's school or being a slave to past debts.

I'm also in therapy right now and everyone I'm working with is great. So I'm grateful for that.