54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AThousandDaysBefore View Post
    We need You know what you are being played again with Robin and Ilan
    They do everything better
    I actually deem this not controversial.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    If enough people start badgering TR on social media now, that's plenty of time for him to get the long-rumoured Fragile Deluxe package in the official store by September 21..
    I guess ending up on John Crawford's shitlist wasn't enough for you?

I would implore anyone and everyone to not badger TR on social media about anything. No reason in particular, other than it's a rude thing to do and will likely cause him to bring down hellfire on you.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    It's officially spring. Where's the Bird Box ultra deluxe vinyl-only box set?

Also, it's exactly six months until the 20th anniversary of The Fragile. If enough people start badgering TR on social media now, that's plenty of time for him to get the long-rumoured Fragile Deluxe package in the official store by September 21..
    Here you go.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Not controversial but I just saw that Aaron North turns 40 today. Just wanted to say I never liked Aaron North and it never felt like NIN with the guy on board. His pentatonic scale soloes on Wish are the worst moments in NIN's live shows I've ever heard. Including drunk/wasted Trent during Fragility shows.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Not sure how controversial this is, but each EP was worse than its predecessor.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    I believe each EP is less comfortable and less expected than its predecessor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    Not controversial but I just saw that Aaron North turns 40 today. Just wanted to say I never liked Aaron North and it never felt like NIN with the guy on board. His pentatonic scale soloes on Wish are the worst moments in NIN's live shows I've ever heard. Including drunk/wasted Trent during Fragility shows.
    His solo on "The Big Come Down" from Beside You In Time is kick-ass though.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    I kind of feel the same way. I had really high hopes after NTAE, but I felt like it was diminishing returns with the next two. There are a couple of tracks on each of them that I genuinely like and I appreciate the creative risk-taking that was done on Bad Witch, but it didn't end up growing on me much.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    "play the goddamn part" and "i'm not from this world" are my favorite songs on Bad Witch, and two of my favorite songs from the entire trilogy.

i feel like NTAE was amazing, AV was even better, and Bad Witch was fucking incredible.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    While I missed Robin, Aaron was perfect for the era he was in. He brought vitality to the live show. It felt fresh and exciting.
    I very much hope he's been able to work through his mental issues.

Jeordie White, on the other hand, looked bored most of the time. Wasn't a huge fan. The rape allegations that've arisen since then do not help my opinion of the man.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Aaron brought hardcore punk and anarchist Stooges energy to the table. His crazy Ron Asheton-inspired leads with the wah-wah pedal going off were always amazing, and visually he made the band look like it was going to fall apart at any moment in an exciting way. Terrific complement to the slickness of 'preparing to destroy you' With Teeth-era NIN.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    "play the goddamn part" and "i'm not from this world" are my favorite songs on bad witch, and two of my favorite songs from the entire trilogy.

I feel like ntae was amazing, av was even better, and bad witch was fucking incredible.
    yes!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I think Jason Newsted could rock NIN bass and be another dynamic presence for a live show.

I think Robin and him could work well together.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I didn't get any of the last three EP's/LP's.

I did however get a 33 of Slam Bambaloo.

I am looking forward to any remasters of his demo's, side projects (no NOT TAPEWORM FUCK, TOOL.....no) and other bands.

I am not fond of Atticus Ross.

I am fond of NIN|JA

I was not entertained by NIN/QOTSA. I'm just glad the coin flip turned out Trent first. But "God is the Sun" is funny. Too bad I ditched after NIN finished.

I heard a rare song by Trent that night, something unreleased or something that may or may not be called filler or segway in the industry.

Although I enjoy the ups and downs of his music, I just DON'T watch his interview videos unless it is something to do with the "Wild Child" Channel.

I would be buying an new release if Trent got together with Grohl again, even Corey from Slipknot! \m/ v_v \m/

Trent wanted to be someone else, Henry Rollins is that person.

/end
    Last edited by bRoot; 03-24-2019 at 06:52 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bRoot View Post

I did however get a 33 of Slam Bambaloo.

I am looking forward to any remasters of his demo's, side projects (no NOT TAPEWORM FUCK, TOOL.....no) and other bands.

I am not fond of Atticus Ross.

I am fond of NIN|JA

I was not entertained by NIN/QOTSA. I'm just glad the coin flip turned out Trent first. But "God is the Sun" is funny. Too bad I ditched after NIN finished.

I heard a rare song by Trent that night, something unreleased or something that may or may not be called filler or segway in the industry.

Although I enjoy the ups and downs of his music, I just DON'T watch his interview videos unless it is something to do with the "Wild Child" Channel.

I would be buying an new release if Trent got together with Grohl again, even Corey from Slipknot! \m/ v_v \m/

Trent wanted to be someone else, Henry Rollins is that person.

/end
    Holy shit man. I think you may have topped this thread. You're like the anti-NIN fan.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    His solo on "The Big Come Down" from Beside You In Time is kick-ass though.
    Still prefer Robin's version, lol. But yeah, his version is not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    While I missed Robin, Aaron was perfect for the era he was in. He brought vitality to the live show. It felt fresh and exciting.
    I very much hope he's been able to work through his mental issues.

Jeordie White, on the other hand, looked bored most of the time. Wasn't a huge fan. The rape allegations that've arisen since then do not help my opinion of the man.
    Yeah, both Arron and Jeordie made that era very unlikeable to me. Their backing vocals were awful too. For those on the verge of facepalming me just because I said I don't like a complete stranger, keep in mind I also hope Aaron has found some stability and I wish him well. There are many Icarus Line songs I like, I just didn't like him in NIN. As for Jeordie, I don't care about what rock stars do backstage and they all do a bunch of disgusting stuff we will never find out about so yeah... I truly hope Aaron is doing well

Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Aaron brought hardcore punk and anarchist Stooges energy to the table. His crazy Ron Asheton-inspired leads with the wah-wah pedal going off were always amazing, and visually he made the band look like it was going to fall apart at any moment in an exciting way. Terrific complement to the slickness of 'preparing to destroy you' With Teeth-era NIN.
    Agree to disagree. To me the whole act looked forced and kinda boring after the second or third show. Didn't like his tone, his style, nothing, lol.

Hope Aaron fans can handle this, I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings with my words. With Teeth era was simply not my thing haha.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I'm not going to facepalm anyone for having a different opinion, I'm going to facepalm those flaunting a dismissive, shitty attitude.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

/end
    https://amzn.to/2HOKl4d

Grohl was on an EP of the trilogy. You're creating your own problems

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I would be buying an new release if Trent got together with Grohl again...

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    https://amzn.to/2HOKl4d

Grohl was on an EP of the trilogy. You're creating your own problems
    This is what happens when you become too wrapped up in your own dismissiveness.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 03-24-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Regarding the recent topics above:

Aaron played Only and TBCD WAY better than Robin ever has IMHO. Really don’t think Robin can play those well at allnactually.

The Trilogy: NTAE and AV were OK-ish, had some decent moments. Bad Witch is definitely my least favorite thing that Trent has ever put out under the NIN moniker.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I fucking LOVED the sheer insanity and, like, DAnGER, Aaron North brought to the WT era: specifically on BYIT ( the video.)
    It was great. It was a "there and then" sort of thing.
    But I found his energy to be utterly stunning. He brought back a TINY bit of That sense of DANGER from the 94-95 shows, and it was fucking AWESOME.

That being said, I was utterly THRILLED to see Robin at LITS. He was, HEY, the guitar player from the first few NIN shows I saw in the early nineties!
    Now, I can't imagine The Nine Inch Nails without him, and don't really want to.

As for Georgie White, he sucks. I said this a few years back, and wound up apologizing.
    But, now that the climate has changed, perhaps I can speak my mind.
    He's just NOT A GOOD BASS PLAYER, live, at least, audibly fucking up from time to time, and he didn't bring much to the table in terms of stage presence, either.
    NOW. I guess he wrote some of Thirteenth Step, and some pivotal MM records. I'm not talking about that, though, although I don't remember any stunning basslines on Thirteenth Step. I'm talking about JW as part of NIN 's live act. I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now.
    If I sound JEALOUS, it's because I am: you know who could have like, NOT fucked up those basslines live? ME!
    Alas, they never called. Idk why.

But, yeah, JW is like, my least favorite NIN live member.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-25-2019 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I didn’t like JW either. In fact the only thing I remember about him is the meathead animation of him receiving perpetual blow jobs and looking blank.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Aaron played Only and TBCD WAY better than Robin ever has IMHO. Really don’t think Robin can play those well at allnactually.
    Robin has gotten way better at playing both of those tracks but I totally agree, Aaron's fuzzy messiness perfectly complimented those tracks and he absolutely killed them. The opposite of this, in my opinion, was Sin - Robin always owns that song while Aaron's version was usually underwhelming.

I loved Aaron North in NIN and am happy he seems to be in a better, more stable place now. He tends to get written off by a lot of modern NIN fans but the energy he brought to the shows was exhilarating and he was a terrific guitar player, way better than he typically gets credit for. Robin is for all intents and purposes the "official" guitarist and I wouldn't change that but Aaron's time in the band was definitely something special.

To echo previous sentiments, if anyone brought down the 2005-2007 lineups, it was Jeordie. Horrible stage presence, always seemed to have a "I'm too good for this" attitude (I seem to remember people saying he visibly yawned during SICNH and that kind of crap, anyone remember that?), and never really seemed into it. And that's not even getting into all the unsavory things we know now.

Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I didn’t like JW either. In fact the only thing I remember about him is the meathead animation of him receiving perpetual blow jobs and looking blank.
    This was one of those things where Meathead was almost too accurate.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I loved Aaron North. The way his guitar tone always sounded so strained like the guitar was in pain or something was super unique for NIN. It sometimes reminded me of Pixies. I can't say whether I prefer him to Robin, but he definitely brought something new to the table, which was refreshing considering how long Robin's played in the band.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    As for Georgie White, he sucks.
    HUmphrey Borat done an awesome job on Eat Me, Drink Me.

Just saiyan.

Back to thread: Marilyn Manson made wiser career choices. And ballsy for the skinny guy who got trent to huff nos.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    HUmphrey Borat done an awesome job on Eat Me, Drink Me.

Just saiyan.

Back to thread: Marilyn Manson made wiser career choices. And ballsy for the skinny guy who got trent to huff nos.
    Like what, exactly?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    As for Georgie White, he sucks. I said this a few years back, and wound up apologizing.
    But, now that the climate has changed, perhaps I can speak my mind.
    He's just NOT A GOOD BASS PLAYER, live, at least, audibly fucking up from time to time, and he didn't bring much to the table in terms of stage presence, either.
    He's not a good guitarist, either. He was on guitar for some reason for one of the Manson tours I saw and holy hell was Tourniquet a hot mess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Like what, exactly?
    Better record deals, collaborations with people that may or may not sing better on drugs.

Johnny Depp.

He get closer to issues that involve more than just himself, pretty wise and intellectual if you get past the whole makeup thing.

MM on Gave Up was def some high point for me.

until he burnt the wing.

really, gave up is an anti-smoking psa.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "Hey Brian, can you hold the guitar and make it look like you're playing it?"
    "Sure Trent!"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Better record deals, collaborations with people that may or may not sing better on drugs.

Johnny Depp.

He get closer to issues that involve more than just himself, pretty wise and intellectual if you get past the whole makeup thing.

until he burnt the wing.

really, gave up is an anti-smoking psa.
    I mean, TR has done collaborations with good people as well; Josh Homme, Dave Grohl, Robbie Robertson, Ian Astbury, Dave Navarro, Saul Williams, etc. On top of that, he's become one of the most sought after composers in the film industry, winning awards and being featured on best of lists. He's also been a creative director at two tech companies for music streaming services, which probably doesn't pay too bad.

He gets featured in headlining articles in most music media just about every time he does anything, even when the thing is just a quote about another topic. The guy's maintained a level of relevancy throughout the years that's pretty impressive, especially considering the style of music he makes. Manson, on the other hand, really only pops up when he does something like get drunk at a show or behaves erratically in an interview. Don't get me wrong, I like Manson's music, but I just don't see how his career choices have been notable in any way at all.

And also, Manson didn't actually collaborate on Gave Up, he was just featured in the video pretending to play guitar.