Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: PIG - and Other Raymond Watts Projects

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't have or want a turntable. Not going to.buy a vinyl because someone wants to withhold songs and alienate a platform. If there were a digutal deluxe, I'd buy it. And it's quite a few songs. So yeah, it fucking sucks and yeah I'm going to download it.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    It's the fucking shipping, that's what kills it for me. I'll be getting a good bonus from work in a few weeks so I'll likely pick up the LP, but god it's a lot.

Only because he's a great guy.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

I don't think this record is going to be for me...
    This is not music to my ears.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 06-03-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    At first, I was expecting to hate it. It's interesting, in a very odd way. I'm intrigued. Still not happy to see a bunch of songs locked away as vinyl exclusive though.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I don't think this record is going to be for me...
    This is not music to my ears.
    I've mostly found these covers over the past year to be pretty sloppy. The sound mixing has been really weird, and Raymond seems to be trying too hard to do the deep, guttural voice without adding any of his usual dynamics to it. That's The Way I Like It has been the only one I've enjoyed so far.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Not into it.

he needs to take a step back and spend some time writing good material. not feeling like he needs to make up for lost time.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm curious about the rest. I always prefer an original album to a covers album though. We'll see.

I've been listening to to Haloblack - Throb a lot lately. Some real gems on there, forgot Ray did some vocals on it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    If You Go Away
    Wow, I really didn't like that. His messing with the timing seems forcedly awkward at best. it all feels like it was pieced together from multiple takes. Got some William Shatner vibes in places, not in a good way.

Julie Christmas did it best:

Last edited by katara; 06-19-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Wow, I really didn't like that.
    Yeah. There might be a good track or two, but I'm pretty much expecting this album to be a massive shrug.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I don't think I like it either. Part of it is the weird stretched whispery type voice he also did on the Xmas album.

Unrelated: I just watched Ran (Kurosawa movie), and I think the cheer sample at the end of A Touch of Upheaval was originally from this. There's a part at 2:27:47 where soldiers are making noise, and I immediately thought of PIG.
    Edit: just did an audacity comparison, the crispness on both samples are so different, it's not the same. Remastered bluray's sound has much worse fidelity than the song, and the voices are lower. He would have only had a VHS or cable broadcast source back then. I even did some pitch adjustments. Very close though, but it doesn't seem so. Nevermind.
    Last edited by blassster; 06-22-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Candy is out, i've got my digital copy, and i'm wondering if any of you folks who might have the vinyl would be willing to pass along some extracts of the exclusive tracks. I'm really interested in the Kylie Minogue cover more than anything.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Candy is out, i've got my digital copy, and i'm wondering if any of you folks who might have the vinyl would be willing to pass along some extracts of the exclusive tracks. I'm really interested in the Kylie Minogue cover more than anything.
    I second this. Would be very much appreciated.

As for my thoughts. Very hit or miss. Some stuff I like. My biggest issue is that I don't feel like he's taking it seriously or trying to be "hard". Many of these songs would've benefitted much by having him actually sing, which he's capable of. Why choose these songs and just growl. It's so out of place. Should've sung more.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Watts is on the next KMFDM album Paradise, wrote and performed the song Binge Boil & Blow with Sasha

https://www.instagram.com/p/BziNKWwDCey/

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Pigs literally flying around here

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Watts is on the next KMFDM album Paradise, wrote and performed the song Binge Boil & Blow with Sasha

https://www.instagram.com/p/BziNKWwDCey/
    I literally just scrolled passed that and screamed "WHHAAAAAAT!!!!!!!" at my phone. And, I don't make reactions like that very often out loud.
    I am shocked... but yet so excited. Sascha and Watts together again. Never thought I would see the day.

Sad they're only doing 1 song together, but i'll take it!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Pig just posted ANOTHER set of new tour dates, looks like super small venues this time around. He's even playing here in Canton at a place that i've played at a few times.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Pig just posted ANOTHER set of new tour dates, looks like super small venues this time around. He's even playing here in Canton at a place that i've played at a few times.
    Yeah, 5th NA tour in a row and he just keeps playing the same damn places over and over... no love for the west at all. I've lost all hope when it comes to getting to see <PIG> Live. it ain't gonna happen in my lifetime.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah, 5th NA tour in a row and he just keeps playing the same damn places over and over... no love for the west at all. I've lost all hope when it comes to getting to see <PIG> Live. it ain't gonna happen in my lifetime.
    Huh? He played multiple west coast shows in 2016, 2017, and 2018.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Those of you who have gotten VIP packages in the past, what is the pricing usually like, and what does it typically entail? Is there a meet and greet, or like a photo op, or what?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Typically around fifty bucks. You get a meet and greet with the man himself and the band, he'll sign your swag, and you'll get some merch like a tote bag and an exclusive CD. He'll take a bunch of pictures with you.

Gutted. This is coming to Toronto when I'll be in Japan. I never miss a show.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Huh? He played multiple west coast shows in 2016, 2017, and 2018.
    Dude, he hasn't been to Vancouver in 20 years...
    He *ALMOST* came to Calgary, but bunked out at the very last second. (Super glad I didn't buy into that. I came reallllllly close)

Edit: my post above was mainly referencing the fact there were no west coast dates on THIS tour. I know he played west coast dates a couple years ago. Mainly salty about nothing in the West at all. Getting really tired of living in Vancouver though... only garbage that comes here is Ariana Grande and Coldplay...
    Last edited by ManBurning; 07-08-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The website says different things for the Sep. 26 show. Main page says it's in Wilmington but the Shows page says Lancaster. Hoping Lancaster turns out to be true, not on that venue's website though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    New collaboration track Seed of Evil with Black Needle Noise. He wrote the lyrics and did the vocals.

https://blackneedlenoise.bandcamp.co...k/seed-of-evil

Also a new interview. https://outburn.com/interviews/pig-i-want-candy/

Also Steve White is back on guitar https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Lg2xQD1Il/
    Last edited by blassster; 07-21-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like Candy. A lot actually. But it wasn't until I received the deluxe edition. I think the song order and the edited tracks improve the album's quality. Unfortunately this also means the improvements on the deluxe version are a disservice to the standard edition.
    Last edited by OSPF; 07-21-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSPF View Post
    I like Candy. A lot actually. But it wasn't until I received the deluxe edition. I think the song order and the edited tracks improve the album's quality. Unfortunately this also means the improvements on the deluxe version are a disservice to the standard edition.
    How long did it take for you to get your deluxe edition? I ordered mine maybe last week, haven't gotten a shipping update, and i really, really want to hear these vinyl only tracks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got mine almost two weeks after the release date, and I pre-ordered it. I didn't get a shipping notice neither.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just a friendly heads up. I found The Wages of Sin on soulseek today. It's lossy (VBR MP3).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    After the covers album(s), his usual vocal delivery on KMFDM BBB is exactly what I've been needing to hear again. Sounds very filthy at times, I love it. I guess it was back a bit with the track Seed of Evil linked above, but I didn't like that track too much. I seem to like BBB a lot more than some in the KMFDM thread. Leave it to Watts to get me to give KMFDM a chance again -- liked the few other tracks I've heard so far.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    If anyone was lucky enough to pick up the VIP CD this tour, do be a dear and point me in the right direction. First time in 3 years I've been unable to make a tour and I'm devastated.