Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2021.09.19 CANCELLED - Chicago, IL @ Riot Fest

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Hey guys, Riot Fest updated their rules. You need a copy of your vax card or a negative COVID test to get in now.

https://riotfest.org/chicago/faq/

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Hey guys, Riot Fest updated their rules. You need a copy of your vax card or a negative COVID test to get in now.

While that's great news, I still feel like people can easily forge those things. : /

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    While that's great news, I still feel like people can easily forge those things. : /
    They can, and do, but at least it's some level of barrier to entry, rather than just being a free-for-all or on-your-honor.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    They can, and do, but at least it's some level of barrier to entry, rather than just being a free-for-all or on-your-honor.
    Judging how the vax card review at Lollapalooza went, it isn't going to be much of a barrier. You could have held up a grocery list on a 4x6 card and got in.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    This is good news about requiring to be vaccinated or have a negative test. The web site states to bring your vaccine card or a photocopy. I sent them a message asking if a picture on my phone is acceptable or if they are requiring a physical hard copy... If they respond to me I'll post up what they tell me. AND FURHTER MORE.... go get a vaccine if you haven't already and you are a regular person that can get a vaccine AND... is anyone taping this show? (and/ or the Cleveland Shows?)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    this isnt Lolla where those kids were going to do it. Riot skews a bit older so youre likey going to have more responsible people. Plus who is willing to fork over $50 just cause.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    AND... is anyone taping this show? (and/ or the Cleveland Shows?)
    Hi.

Every show.

I've been waiting patiently for 18 months to tape a show.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Hi.

Every show.

You fuckin' RULE! Thank you!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Those poor employees that have to check and deny entry. They don't make enough to deal with those chuds.

EDIT: "NO CM Punk" lol
    Last edited by tony.parente; 08-06-2021 at 11:21 AM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Oh that’s a whole angle, dude. I think he’s friends with the RF folks.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    this isnt Lolla where those kids were going to do it. Riot skews a bit older so youre likey going to have more responsible people. Plus who is willing to fork over $50 just cause.
    I'm aware of the crowd difference - I've been to Riot before.
    But people there will still try to get around it, no question.

Asshats are everywhere, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Hi.

Every show.

You coming the Hellfest too?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    You coming the Hellfest too?
    No. At least for 2021, I am doing every show (hopefully). Honestly won't travel outside the country for awhile, sadly.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    We are probably fucked when it comes to getting a refund, right?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    We are probably fucked when it comes to getting a refund, right?
    God I hope not. They let everyone do it because of MCR rescheduling at the start of the year way in advance. I remember at the time thinking that bands like them, The Weeknd etc. all pushing to 2022 was a sign of what would happen but held out hope. But at this point I wouldn't be surprised either way, Riot hasn't even made the actual passes available and it's supposedly under a month out. They sounded wildly cocky in their email earlier this year about how it "would happen no matter what" but who's to say.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I just sent a rather polite request via Eventbrite to RF. I’m not expecting a positive result but we will see.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    They do have an official ticket exchange. Threw mine up on here, as it seems like a better resolution than other options. Will let y'all know if they move and what the process is like.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    If you got GA, you can probably very easily sell to someone else and transfer the ticket. If you bought VIP or higher, might be out of luck unless they make an announcement regarding refunds (which they should, given this fucking shitty news).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Slipknot replacing NIN

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Refunds easy peasy. Would've preferred they got booked next year like MCR did, but I bet we'll still be in this position a year from now thanks to anti-vaxxers.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I certainly appreciate RF doing the right thing here.

Would’ve loved to meet you folks there but hopefully I’ll see you down the road.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Y'all figure out how to get the refunds for Sunday? The link doesn't give you anywhere to click.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    Y'all figure out how to get the refunds for Sunday? The link doesn't give you anywhere to click.
    Click the second link

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Disheartened, but not surprised about NIN pulling out of the festival. It was something to look forward to this year. Thankful a refund was offered and the process was smooth. I’ll continue to shore up vacation time from work in hopes of a show sometime in the future. Damn.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Click the second link
    Did you just click Contact the Organizer when logged into Eventbrite, and request a refund? That's all I ended up doing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    Did you just click Contact the Organizer when logged into Eventbrite, and request a refund? That's all I ended up doing.
    You may need to log in to Eventbrite, then click the Tixel link again, which gives you an option to request the refund (I think the option specifically had the text "I can't make it"). Hopefully the Eventbrite mthod will work as well, though?

I've put in my request, hopefully it'll go through. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were offering a refund option at all, tbh.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    For those concerned about the refund, I had tickets to last year’s Riot and got refunded when it was postponed, it took about 4 or 5 business days and then it was in my account and I got an email confirming it had been sent to me so hopefully it’s just as smooth this time. As long as you got the email acknowledging your request I think you should be fine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The wording of different articles about NIN cancelling their RF appearance leaves me curious. Some state Slipknot to replace NIN, while others state Morrissey and Slipknot to replace NIN. The latter implies that NIN may have been the surprise headliner Thursday night? If that happened I would have been gutted since only three day pass holders bought by a certain time had access to the Thursday night performances prior to the NIN cancellation, and I just had Sunday passes.

Of course this is all a moot point now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I mean it wouldve made some sense to have had NIN twice on Riot. Seems there wasnt going to be a warm up show prior so why not travel to Chicago and use Thursday as a way to make Sunday better. They arent the kind of act to go cold turkey into even a small set of dates. There was still a warm up previous to the festival dates in 2017 and even the bonus NY show. Diff times of course, but still.