Page 29 of 113 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    If this was going to be your scare tactic—the alleged intrusion of urban poor into the suburbs via government project housing—you could easily go with property values plummeting as the heart of the argument. Property taxes for overcrowded schools disproportionately falling on people who don't live in the cheap government homes. But he didn't. He went straight to Birth of a Nation.

Hi, Donny. Reading you loud and clear, you fucking cunt.
    The Trump people are all over Twitter blaming Democratic mayors for segregation and poverty and crime and shootings etc. THEN their Lord and Savior DJT echoes their fear that affordable housing vouchers in THEIR TOWNS will mean some of those negroes might move into the house ACROSS THE STREET and bring CRIME and will LOWER their housing values and fuck up their school systems with low-intellect kids! Oh, hell no, keep them in those ghettos with their own kind. They can’t even hear themselves being racist.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-27-2020 at 03:06 AM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    They can’t even hear themselves being racist.
    Oh, I think they can, they're just counting on the fact that suburban Moms are only against racism until they think that "black folk" will move into their neighborhood.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Oh, I think they can, they're just counting on the fact that suburban Moms are only against racism until they think that "black folk" will move into their neighborhood.
    Not ALL suburban moms!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Not ALL suburban moms!
    OK Karen.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Suburban women are Joe Biden’s biggest supporters according to polls right now was my point.

I live in an upper-middle-class neighborhood that has these housing vouchers. One is across the street from me. I’m not a Mom but it doesn’t seem like anyone around here gives a shit.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if this is where I should bitch about this house inquiry w/ William Barr. It's just such partisan insanity. Liberals are full of such fury and the Republicans are stroking his ego and ranting about how he's being persecuted while they throw in some Trump-fluffing and protester-bashing.

While I'm here, William Barr is a disgrace and he should go to jail. He pisses me off. Roger Stone should go to jail too, and Jim Jordan can fucking go to hell.

It was good to hear Hank Johnson tell William Barr that his opening statement "sounds like it was written by Alex Jones or Roger Stone... do you stand by that statement?" Squirm you toady asshole.

UGH: Ken Buck can go to hell too.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-28-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Matt Gaetz too. Fuck that fucking piece of shit. I turned it off when I heard him say that Roger Stone and Flynn weren't burning down our cities like protestors were.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Trump is literally whining about Fauci being more popular than him... so he pointed out that Fauci "was against" his decision to block travel to China (this is a lie, he's been called out on it several times, he keeps repeating it), claims that Fauci said that decision saved tens of thousands of lives (he didn't, and the CDC has pretty much concluded that the China travel ban did little to really stop the transmission into the US).

And then Trump says, really, verbatim, "He's got this high approval rating, so, why don't I have a high approval rating?"

BECAUSE HE'S TELLING THE TRUTH AND YOU ARE LYING, you unbelievable ASSHOLE! You are lying about what he's saying, what all the data is saying, you're afraid to have him near you during these "breifings" where you don't have any medical professionals present to talk to the press...

And when he's called out about cancelling a meeting about lowering drug prices, he mocks the person who asks him for "being so upset about it" and then cut her off.

Oh yeah, and he still won't admit that the studies say Hydroxychloroquine doesn't do anything to help fight this. He cannot admit it. He goes so far as to deny that it has potentially harmful side effects. He can't admit he was wrong.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-28-2020 at 04:50 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    he stormed off his presser early because people were calling him out for his retweets.

I really hope Biden wins some of the swing state battlegrounds.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    he stormed off his presser early because people were calling him out for his retweets.

I really hope Biden wins some of the swing state battlegrounds.
    It was pathetic. His bratty passive aggressive moment, where he dismissed a question about the cancelling of a meeting to lower the price of pharmaceutical drugs... it's a perfectly reasonable question, and he attacks the woman asking it for "being so upset about it."

I still can't believe that we're getting used to this sort of bullshit. It's GOT to stop. Four more years of this will completely destroy this country, maybe the world, who knows.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

One can hope.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    congressman from TX Louie Ghomert, has contracted COVID. He resisted wearing a mask, but did so when urged on rare occasions. Mostly he'd placate people with a loose scarf that doesn't cover his nose.

So, now that he has it, he's blaming the mask for him getting infected... that he "just can't help but wonder" that wearing the mask, on those rare occasions, collected the virus and gave it to him via the mask.

This is DANGEROUS misinformation and extraordinarily irresponsible. These people are KILLING US with this disinformation. Fuck you Louie Ghomert

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    congressman from TX Louie Ghomert, has contracted COVID. He resisted wearing a mask, but did so when urged on rare occasions. Mostly he'd placate people with a loose scarf that doesn't cover his nose.

So, now that he has it, he's blaming the mask for him getting infected... that he "just can't help but wonder" that wearing the mask, on those rare occasions, collected the virus and gave it to him via the mask.

This is DANGEROUS misinformation and extraordinarily irresponsible. These people are KILLING US with this disinformation. Fuck you Louie Ghomert
    Yes this is wildly irresponsible. I don't understand why these people are doing this?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    SO, Trump has chatted with Putin, and didn't feel the need to bring up the subject about Russian bounties on US Soldiers... called it fake news when asked about it. And he responds with "they don't bring up China, it's always Russia Russia Russia"

He's talked to Putin 7 times since the news story broke. He's had plenty of time to address the issue. He is avoiding it for a reason, and I really wish we clearly knew what this reason to kowtow to Putin is all about.

The Axios reporter is saying, OVER AND OVER AGAIN, "the Russians supplied weapons and money to the taliban" and Trump tries to equivocate and go conspiratorial, refuses to say it's even shown up on his desk.

IT'S SHOWN UP ON MY GODDAMN DESK! How can it not have shown up on yours!?
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-29-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Worse yet, Trump DEFENDS RUSSIA, using whataboutism related to Russia selling arms to the Taliban (“well, we did that, too” during the Soviet-Afghan War from 1978-1989). WTF.

https://www.axios.com/trump-russia-b...sam&stream=top

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    where are the MAGAt? don’t they love the troops so much? they ignore the russia (commie) connections and now they’re ignoring the bounties.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    with them I've noticed that it's never about A, B, C, or D, it's just about being racist.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    the piece of shit is now trying to delay the election

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Last edited by tony.parente; 07-30-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Jesus Fucking Christ.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Fuck that

I have never felt such a constant, visceral hatred towards someone like this before.
    Last edited by Magnetic; 07-30-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Man, Bill Maher is actually right about one thing—he’s not going to leave willingly (if he doesn’t win, which he very well could again). The wall around the White House? His gestapo? I think it’s all preparation.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Man, Bill Maher is actually right about one thing—he’s not going to leave willingly
    He's a paper tiger. When he loses, he will back down. He'll grumble and whine and tweet while he does it, but he'll go.

These suggestions to delay the election... I gotta read up on this. Surely this is just some off-the-cuff remark that he made before boarding a helicopter, or something buried in a bunch of mindless tweets and retweets... right? He's not realistically looking for some kind of unconstitutional path to actually delay the election, there's no way.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    with William Barr in place? who knows. You always hope that there's a Rubicon he crosses that finally gets the rest of the party to be like "shut up Donnie!" but they never do.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Or, you know, this.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Or, you know, this.

Well, it's Mike Pompeo. Am I missing something? He has as much say in this as Daffy Duck. He can't "declare" that Barr has that authority.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Well, it's Mike Pompeo. Am I missing something? He has as much say in this as Daffy Duck. He can't "declare" that Barr has that authority.
    Right, Pompeo doesn't have the authority, Barr doesn't have the authority, Trump doesn't have the authority.

But Barr says "Trump can do that", Trump says "I'm going to that".

Protesters say "Fuck you, we're taking to the streets".

Barr says "Fuck you, you're rioting, send in the gestapo".

I don't think November is a chance to save the country. I think the only chance anyone down there has anymore is if Republicans grow a spine and enact the 25th. Even that might not work.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    yeah, but even the Republicans aren't into this idea, and they're quick to say so this time. Usually they mumble and check with each other before they decide how they feel.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/30/polit...ion/index.html

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

hasn't Trump said several times that he never jokes?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

hasn't Trump said several times that he never jokes?
    Trump? A liar? Man, 2020 just keeps coming at us.