Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (No spoilers)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Funny you should mention the book reading as now that I have the collectors edition guide I'm committing myself to actually read every book available in the game.
    Last edited by sentient02970; 02-15-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    IIRC, someone went through all the files and ripped the books into epub (or some other format) so you can read them on an ereader.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heroicraptor View Post
    IIRC, someone went through all the files and ripped the books into epub (or some other format) so you can read them on an ereader.
    That is Immense. Now I can pretend my Imperial is carrying an iPad around Skyrim with him. Anyone want to mod that?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heroicraptor View Post
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I was hoarding every book I could get with the intention of reading all of them at some point in the game, but I only have so much free time and had only read about ten or twenty so far. Now I can read all of them while commuting to and from work!

Also, great game. I don't know if it's overrated or not, but it is very entertaining and they've put attention to every little detail. The only minor gripe I have are the close-up textures of the landscape and the environment in general, they are not as detailed as I would like, but I guess if they were high-resolution it would be quite a resource drain. Does anyone know if there are mods out there that improve the textures without slowing down the game much?

EDIT: Nevermind my last question, I just discovered Skyrim Nexus, it's got all the info I need.
    Last edited by Alexandros; 02-17-2012 at 03:40 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Are there any women in Skyrim who don't arn't PMSing all over the place? I just walked up to a random female who told me that they'd stab me if I didn't go away. That would be fine, but they're all like that.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    just beat the main quest a few days ago. Set it aside so I could pick up Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

so far I don't think its as impressive as sky rim. it just seems like Fable with the intensity punched up a few notches...

Anyway. I might go back to skyrim if they release some DLC soon.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Finally!!!!!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Pretty sure I'll never need another weapon, ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^Fuck, man, how many smithing potions did you have to use to get it that powerful? My mace does like 96 damage, and I thought that was a lot until now.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    When I played through it after it came out I just got the Daedric Sword and Armor as fast as possible, pretty much untouchable thereafter.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    When improving: 1 smithing potion for 20% boost, 4 pieces of armor each enchanted for 20% boost. when equipped I'm wearing 4 pieces of armor each enchanted for 44% increase in one-hand attacks. all enchantments done while using an Enchanters Philter for 20% boost. Also maxed out all of my smithing & enchanting perks early on, but now leveling has grown to a crawl and a lot of my other stats are suffering because of it

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I was finally able to play for a while after 1.4 and then they updated to 1.5 and now my ps3 crashes whenever i touch water.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Pretty sure I'll never need another weapon, ever.
    Christ on a bike, i WANT!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Comes out this summer, 360 gets it a month before all other platforms.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I don't own this game nor fancy to again (ditched it after a week or so) but I was wondering when DLC would be out for it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Comes out this summer, 360 gets it a month before all other platforms.
    I've yet to actually finish the game... never even bothered with the main quest.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I finished it within like a week and it was fucking awesome. Can't wait for some DLC.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I did the main quest after the Civil War, but I haven't joined the Blades yet. There's still so much stuff I haven't done. I think I'm gonna start a new character when the DLC comes out though and try a mage play-through. I've haven't got much into the magic in Skyrim yet, mostly just run around and burninate the peoples heads off with my Trogdor.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I don't want to join the Blades, since I know who you have to kill .

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    HA trogdor is my characters name!

Im psyched for dlc see but it so far it seems lime a 360 excluaive... and i still havent gotten through most o the regular game yet. Im heald up because i cant fucking swim.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I bought GOTY Oblivion this morning. I'll give it a whirl.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I don't want to join the Blades, since I know who you have to kill .
    Don't. I made a seperate save to do the blades. Fucker glitched.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Kind of a dick move on Bethesda's part with that timed exclusive craziness. The majority of their fanbase came from the PC. Curse you Microsoft!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Elder Scrolls MMO was just officially announced. I promptly shit my pants.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exilajei View Post
    Kind of a dick move on Bethesda's part with that timed exclusive craziness. The majority of their fanbase came from the PC. Curse you Microsoft!
    Same shit happened with both Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Holy Shite!

I'm playing the Shivering Isles DLC for Oblivion as stated previously and it's so much freaking fun. I love it. Color me surprised!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Same shit happened with both Fallout 3 and New Vegas.
    Actually, with Fallout 3 and New Vegas I'm pretty sure it was just the PS3 version that was delayed. The DLC came out on PC and 360 at the same time.

Also, the new issue of Game Informer showed up in the mail today, with a cover story on Elder Scrolls Online

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Actually, with Fallout 3 and New Vegas I'm pretty sure it was just the PS3 version that was delayed. The DLC came out on PC and 360 at the same time.

Also, the new issue of Game Informer showed up in the mail today, with a cover story on Elder Scrolls Online
    Well, what I initially meant was that Xbox got the DLC first. Dead Money came out a long ass time until it was available on the Playstation Network. PS3 usually gets left out and gets everything last out of this generation.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Article that compares The Elder Scrolls: Online to other MMO's such as WoW and SWTOR.

A few interesting things I noticed are keeping the skills to 6 (for now) which is good in my opinion. The brief period that I was addicted to WoW (like a crack fiend to be honest lol) I only had 2 characters but found myself only using the same handful of skills/powers over and over anyways. Same for Skyrim. Either way I might wait to see the reviews when TES:O drops but I'm pumped for it.