Page 187 of 263 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,610 of 7887

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    I’m pretty fucking excited and I can’t wait to hear 7empest
    Basically two weeks! Still strange to think about it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    To be honest, the music to Lost Keys is solid. If they took out the little hospital skit, i'd probably listen to it as an instrumental track all the time.
    Completely agreed!

///

So, the first tracklisting (from Merch Bar) was totally wack...cool.

I gotta NOT read into or even accidentally catch written song descriptions before hearing them myself. I hate that shit with a passion. So I may duck outta here till the release or leak.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-14-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Hmmm... if that’s the case, why isn’t that a bonus track also?

I’m seeing Litanie Contre La Peur, Legion Inoculant and Mockingbeat as three download only bonus tracks (instrumentals).
    Answering my own question:

https://loudwire.com/tool-fear-inocu...-song-details/

The seventh entry of Fear Inoculum is titled “Culling Voices” and it precedes a giant Danny Carey drum feast called “Chocolate Chip Trip.” Though “Chocolate Chip Trip” isn’t a conventional Tool song, the band does not consider it a segue.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    for people still looking to pre-order, SRC Vinyl has had it up this whole time. guess i'm the only person signed up for their mailing list?

https://www.srcvinyl.com/tool-fear-i...deluxe-cd.html

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Worse yet, the execution/performance of the final climax (10:02) -with all instruments playing the syncopation together- at times just sounds sloppy to my ears. I don't know what it is--the bass guitar settings/effects and/or the production of the drums, but it sounds muddy on certain strokes. I've tried and tried -including not listening too closely- and I just can't hear it as *tight* as I know these guys to be.
    I love the last minute or so of "Fear Inoculum". To me, it sounds like Danny and Adam are purposefully trying to play the riff/scale/etc. semi-unique each time. Each musician is on their own journey while still being conscious of playing "around" each other. The song feels like it's about to go off the rails, increasing the anticipation and the payoff of the final 20 seconds where it comes together.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I notice Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Target etc are already sold out on the CD version of this album. You can't even pre-order it anymore....So much for Trents theory that nobody buys CDs anymore

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Reading the reviews it seems like it’s going to be 20,000 Days, effectively killing my interest.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I notice Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Target etc are already sold out on the CD version of this album. You can't even pre-order it anymore....So much for Trents theory that nobody buys CDs anymore
    Check indie record stores and maybe bullmoose.com. I ordered mine from my indie store because I waited too long for Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Reading the reviews it seems like it’s going to be 20,000 Days, effectively killing my interest.
    Why form your opinion based on someone else's recollection of their experience after hearing it once? Maybe wait until you hear it for yourself (maybe even a couple of times?) and then form your own opinion based on your own experience?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I love the last minute or so of "Fear Inoculum". To me, it sounds like Danny and Adam are purposefully trying to play the riff/scale/etc. semi-unique each time. Each musician is on their own journey while still being conscious of playing "around" each other. The song feels like it's about to go off the rails, increasing the anticipation and the payoff of the final 20 seconds where it comes together.
    Thank you for sharing your take. Good to hear differing opinions on the song and this specific area of the song, which I've only felt torn on.

Maybe I was listening to the song too intently at first and I need to back away much more than I am presently, and resume listening when I have the rest of the album to experience. As I had said before, while I don't love the song, I may be able to at least make better sense of it with the whole picture that the album will paint.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-14-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Why form your opinion based on someone else's recollection of their experience after hearing it once? Maybe wait until you hear it for yourself (maybe even a couple of times?) and then form your own opinion based on your own experience?
    Just reading that the songs are super long again isn’t so much that I need to wait to hear it. I’ve heard it before. I recognize it. It was the masturbatory overkill found on 10,000 Days.

I listened to the title track and it sounded like, you guessed it, 10,000 Days.

No thanks. I’m good. Maybe I’ll check out YouTube at some point and like 10,000 Days there’ll be 2 good songs (Vicarious, Jambi).
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-14-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Check indie record stores and maybe bullmoose.com. I ordered mine from my indie store because I waited too long for Amazon.

Bullmoose is out. The following stores still have preorders available at time of posting:

BAM! (Books-a-Million)
    ImportCDs
    SRCVinyl

Import Music Warehouse

I have used Books-a-million many times for book orders and never had an issue. Never ordered music through them however. They appear to be the last major retailer with preorders though. I am unfamiliar with the other sites.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    So much for Trents theory that nobody buys CDs anymore
    Not really. I would imagine a lot of people who would never buy cds are buying this because it is the only format available of an album thats been anticipated for over a decade. I considered buying one even though I would never buy a CD these days, but I managed to come to my senses before dropping the $50.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Just reading that the songs are super long again isn’t so much that I need to wait to hear it. I’ve heard it before. I recognize it. It was the masturbatory overkill found on 10,000 Days.

No thanks. I’m good. Maybe I’ll check out YouTube at some point and like 10,000 Days there’ll be 2 good songs (Vicarious, Jambi).
    You don't even like Rosetta Stoned? I don't even know what to say... Well, to each their own. I hope you enjoy it more than you expect to, though!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I still buy cds when i can, but buying super deluxe gimmicky stuff is few and far between. It'll be weird for me if this is the first Tool release i only buy on digital, but, i guess i'm okay with that.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    You don't even like Rosetta Stoned? I don't even know what to say... Well, to each their own. I hope you enjoy it more than you expect to, though!
    The Pot would be good (it has good parts) if it were 3-4 minutes shorter.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I wonder how many limited editions Sony-RCA had produced? It appears demand is taking out preorder stock now. I am also curious if the limited edition truly is limited or if they will have additonal production runs once current preorder allotments that sold out are fullfilled, or will there just be a regular CD edition (jewelcase, digipak) to follow? I know 10K Days did not get a jewelcase, but the spectacle stereoscopic, the only edition ever produced, was never labeled as a limited edition. At any rate, Fear Inoculum may end up among the highest grossing physical releases of this year. I couldn't guess if it will move one million units or go platinum, but it has a shot if all physical units sell out plus high digital sales. That would be pretty phenomenal for a band a decade or more removed from their last album. Probably want to jump on vinyl preorders pretty fast when they become available.
    Last edited by pulse; 08-14-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Not really. I would imagine a lot of people who would never buy cds are buying this because it is the only format available of an album thats been anticipated for over a decade. I considered buying one even though I would never buy a CD these days, but I managed to come to my senses before dropping the $50.
    THIS. Is the main reason why I ordered one. I don’t do CDs anymore because of my extensive vinyl collection but since this is the only format (for now....) I went for it.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

That's so weird because 10,000 days is by FAR my favorite tool album.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I still buy CDs and most of my music friends still buy CDs.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    That's so weird because 10,000 days is by FAR my favorite tool album.
    Same here. The hype is real for this one after what I’ve been reading.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’m a Lateralus guy. Aenima being a close second.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Lateralus is definitely my favorite. Being someone who enjoys things that are big and proggy and arty, I'm more a fan of Aenima and later, but the music now being on streaming has made me spend more time than usual with Opiate and Undertow, and I love those albums, too. Pretty easy to please here.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    AEnima is probably my favorite, but i will say that seeing the songs from Opiate performed live back in 2003 was an experience that knocks everything else out of the water. "Cold and Ugly" live was pure fire, and when "Opiate" itself kicked in, you couldn't smell anything but pot and sweat in the arena for the rest of the night.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    you couldn't smell anything but pot and sweat in the arena for the rest of the night.
    Haha that sounds awful

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Haha that sounds awful
    It was, heh. It was memorable, but that doesn't mean it was pleasant. Good show though, regardless. This was in Erie, PA.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I was at that Erie show (I think); that was during my heavy drug period when I'd go way out of my way to shows in such parts, and succinctly remember attending a Tool show in that part of PA. I would have definitely been helping contribute to the pot smoke in the atmosphere, too..

Aenima will always be my favorite. I discovered Undertow way before most did, back when the band was still a best-kept secret in alternative rock, and still love that record to death. They never sounded like the band on Undertow again, and I've often wondered where they would have gone had they stayed the course. I waited months for Aenima to drop and it's still one of the greatest 90s albums I've ever heard. I never get tired of that thing..

Lateralus is fantastic, too. A step down from Aenima, but nothing is going to top that one for me. Lateralus is their full-on prog album, and it's fucking grand. 10KD has some worthwhile stuff on it (Rosetta Stoned, Jambi, The Pot) but is weighed down by filler like that weather-effects soundscape track and that pointless interlude of chanting that has no business being on the record. Right In Two, Intension and Vicarious are paint-by-numbers Tool, too. And who the fuck had time to concoct that ridiculous theory of layering three of the tracks together to create a "hidden song" or whatever? GTFOOH..

After 13 years, this new album had better be top-shelf like the unholy Undertow/Aenima/Lateralus triptych. Nothing less will suffice, long gargantuan songs or not. They're already way behind the eight ball with it being known Maynard e-mailed his vocals in and the album boasting what is now the dumbest Tool track name yet. The fact that it's essentially a long drum solo is even less appealing..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Imagine seeing Tool in a small venue? I got to see Opeth/Mastodon/Ghost at the Tennessee Theatre in Knoxville. I also saw Smashing Pumpkins and Porcupine Tree at The Orange Peel in Asheville. The sound quality for those shows was incredible. Hard to replicate that in a large arena or stadium. Those bands are not on the scale of Tool, well perhaps the Pumpkins are close. But I don't know if Tool would ever even play at small venues again. They did do the Radio City Music Hall in NYC back in the early 00s. Perhaps the logistics might no longer work and the ticket prices would probably be absurd, but it would still be bonkers to see. The place would explode.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The Erie show as at the Civic Center, which is probably the smallest arena style show you could get out there. I stilll remember the opening songs: Cold and Ugly, The Grudge, and Stinkfist, in that order. When the first heavy guitars of Stinkfist kicked in, the place went absolutely berserk.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    Imagine seeing Tool in a small venue? I got to see Opeth/Mastodon/Ghost at the Tennessee Theatre in Knoxville. I also saw Smashing Pumpkins and Porcupine Tree at The Orange Peel in Asheville. The sound quality for those shows was incredible. Hard to replicate that in a large arena or stadium. Those bands are not on the scale of Tool, well perhaps the Pumpkins are close. But I don't know if Tool would ever even play at small venues again. They did do the Radio City Music Hall in NYC back in the early 00s. Perhaps the logistics might no longer work and the ticket prices would probably be absurd, but it would still be bonkers to see. The place would explode.
    Tool @ Nokia Theater 2010 (7100 seats in LA is tiny for a band of this stature)

but my personal favorite...

Tool @ Pearl, Las Vegas December 2007 (2500 seats) - that was a 10/10 show at a 10/10 venue.