Page 233 of 528 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 283 333 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,990 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Today, Apple Music. There's been like, threads about it and stuff. I'm sure you've even commented on one.
    Oh. I only thought it was the Fragile instrumentals that were released. I missed it during the flood of posts.

By the way, the PHM instrumental is halfway there. We have multitracks for HLAH, Terrible Lie, Sanctified and The Only Time (all available in my big-ass Multitrack Collection torrent)!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The video of Copy Of A that Trent posted on Apple Connect is pretty awesome. Hopefully a video for The Great Destroyer gets posted at some point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TDS, TF, WT, YZ all have instrumental versions now, with TS having a fan made one. WHERE THE HELL IS MY PHM INSTRUMENTAL TRONT

I want CBH instrumental. Where is it?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    For a long time now I have been thinking that The Big Comedown would have made a good first single from The Fragile. It's bouncy, sorta poppy and to the point.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I would love to see a NIN cover of this:

Can someone run this by Trent? lol

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I really desperately hope there's one weird guy out there passionately disappointed that Deep didn't get an instrumental release today.
    Hey, now, since TR never got around to making a video for Deep (right? RIGHT?) we should all be able to focus on the fact that from a purely auditory perspective, Deep is totally awesome, and a kickass song.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Somebody on Facebook mentioned that Eminem had once wanted NIN to do a tour with them, so I looked it up and it was autumn 2000, the Anger Management tour, but he didn't ask NIN to be in the line-up because he was friends with Marilyn Manson. Hmm can't really see NIN enjoying a tour with Limp Biskit either, in the fragile state he was in then I think the whole thing would have been a disaster. Did anyone here see that tour? Would NIN have gone down well at, frankly, a bit of a bro-rock thing?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anger_Management_Tour

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    If we get another NIN album within the next year or so and no tour it'll be the first NIN album to release with no touring (or since Broken but dear Christ let's not get that debate train of "GUYS IS IT AN ALBUM OR AN LP WHAT IS AN LP ANyWY" going again please ugh I hate even mentioning it). It'll be really odd to have a whole hour or so of NIN put out with no live component to accompany it and no live arrangements/counterparts considering literally every release has had the majority or at least a good chunk of it performed. Hell some of the remix albums/singles have been done live. It'll just be so weird and would be really cool to see how they go about it when/if another tour happens later on down the line, chances are it'd be nothing like Tension with so much devoted to HM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    If we get another NIN album within the next year or so and no tour it'll be the first NIN album to release with no touring (or since Broken but dear Christ let's not get that debate train of "GUYS IS IT AN ALBUM OR AN LP WHAT IS AN LP ANyWY" going again please ugh I hate even mentioning it). It'll be really odd to have a whole hour or so of NIN put out with no live component to accompany it and no live arrangements/counterparts considering literally every release has had the majority or at least a good chunk of it performed. Hell some of the remix albums/singles have been done live. It'll just be so weird and would be really cool to see how they go about it when/if another tour happens later on down the line, chances are it'd be nothing like Tension with so much devoted to HM.
    Man I fucking loved the Ghosts tour

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure NIN will be touring with the next album anyway, but that won't happen sooner than 2017. I expect a new HTDA album/tour or any other side project first.
    I also think that NIN should do shorter tour cycles so that TR won't bitch about tours that last forever and wear him out. Like, one round in each market area and that's it. (I would also welcome playing less festivals and more solo dates, but playing festivals probably finance the whole thing so I give up.)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Ghosts was incorporated into and released pretty much right during the Lights In the Sky tour and you know it. Ghosts, Year Zero and The Slip were all "new" live for North American audiences and TS and Ghosts had just come out, all three had a lot of material presented that tour heavily.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Ghosts was incorporated into and released pretty much right during the Lights In the Sky tour and you know it. Ghosts, Year Zero and The Slip were all "new" live for North American audiences and TS and Ghosts had just come out, all three had a lot of material presented that tour heavily.
    Yeah but it still is half unplayed, there really isn't a live component to it.

I digress, I'd kinda like to see the next album be Still 2, not just because I always want it, but Still doesn't require a tour and doesn't require as much writing input, so he could make a new album without taking as much time and effort, and without the demands of a tour. Although call it something better than Still 2, maybe Quiet like Still originally was going to be.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Still still.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Which is why I'd expect songs from Halo 29 to play a significant role in a tour for Halo 30 or whatever. Not every album is going to have a dedicated tour at TR's current rate of output.

(Before someone points at the five year gap between The Slip and HM, my definition of "output" includes HTDA and the soundtracks. Both of which made cameos in the HM cycle, I might add.)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    How terrible is that new Muse album? It's so clearly going for some NIN electronic/rock thing, except the lyrics are terrible and it's all lame. Hint: I kind of hate this band.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Did you just discover Muse right now ? They've always done that and have always been this, whether you like it or hate it...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Did you just discover Muse right now ? They've always done that and have always been this, whether you like it or hate it...
    I kind of ignored them for a better part of a decade. Then, I was working on some set and someone had their new song playing in the background and it drove me insane. It's like one of those terrible songs that get stuck in your head and now I can't stop being reminded of how awful it was. The lead singer sounds like he's being tortured while he sings; it sounds like he's in pain and crying or something but trying to sing at the same time.

Anyway, I must put it out of my head and move on.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineinchnerd View Post
    How terrible is that new Muse album? It's so clearly going for some NIN electronic/rock thing, except the lyrics are terrible and it's all lame. Hint: I kind of hate this band.
    Er, not very. It's ruddy marvellous.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Hey, let's make a thread about bands we don't like or our controversial opinions on music that has nothing to do with Nine Inch Nails !

Oh wait...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Their music has always been hit and miss for me, but I agree that the singer gets annoying fast with his over the top operatic singing. I get together with some friends around once a month to play board games, most of them are around half my age (I‘m 33). About a year ago they want to listen to music while we play, I say sure, they put on Muse albums and Linkin Park albums, I get annoyed after a few songs from either band but I put up with the plastic angst of Linkin Park and the wandering wailing of Muse. After their albums are done I say, “hey lets listen to this for a while” and put on some NIN. My younger friends quickly become annoyed with it calling it “pointlessly loud and angry just for the sake of being loud and angry.” WHAT?!! I try to explain the album, the different facets of the importance of nin in the world of music, but it only falls on deaf ears. I now feel sad and old and out of touch. At least we could meet in the middle and agree on listening to Radiohead.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Got my first haircut since last December.

I think the chorus in HLAH is about not trusting your barber's judgment like, ever again.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Got my first haircut since last December.

I think the chorus in HLAH is about not trusting your barber's judgment like, ever again.
    I learned the lesson the hard way. Even though I kept saying "don't change your dentist or hairdresser if they both do a good job, EVER", one day, when I wanted a cut, she had a message that she's opening a few hours later. I was like nu-uuuuh, not gonna walk home, then back there again!! So, I went to a hairsaloon and got the shittiest, lamest haircut ever. I mean, you know your hair sucks when not even your mother compliment it......

Man, I couldn't even gossip with this new hairdresser, which is like, half the reason I like mine.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    lol I'm not sure if this is really obvious, but their was no Ghosts tour right? You're just being a goof?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy_of_an_Echo View Post
    lol I'm not sure if this is really obvious, but their was no Ghosts tour right? You're just being a goof?
    Indeed, I was being sarcastic. I do that a lot and apologise for nothing :P

Although I'd give my right hand for a fucking Ghosts tour

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    One of NIN's inspirations, Skinny Puppy, is touring this year:

Good to see they're still going.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    One of NIN's inspirations, Skinny Puppy, is touring this year:

Good to see they're still going.
    Actually, they tour pretty consistently. I saw them just this past December (would have seen them the year before but we had a bad snowstorm that day and they had to cancel the show). It was cool, because it was in a little club (The Troc if anyone's from or goes to shows in Philly) and there were a bunch of openers (including Front Line Assembly). Good show, but a bit too theatrical for me. Ohgr had a big speech at the end, he's really political.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    How fucking awesome is that 'Copy of A' performance Trent uploaded on Apple Music????? I can't stop watching it with the speakers turned all the way up. It's just a matter of time before the neighbors put in a noise complaint. Now if only he can upload 'The Great Destroyer,' then I'd be getting a knock on my door for sure!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Actually, they tour pretty consistently. I saw them just this past December (would have seen them the year before but we had a bad snowstorm that day and they had to cancel the show). It was cool, because it was in a little club (The Troc if anyone's from or goes to shows in Philly) and there were a bunch of openers (including Front Line Assembly). Good show, but a bit too theatrical for me. Ohgr had a big speech at the end, he's really political.
    Yeah, the costumes and stuff are kind of silly. Seems like they haven't really evolved at all lol. At least they're doing what works for them and continuing, which is cool.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    How fucking awesome is that 'Copy of A' performance Trent uploaded on Apple Music????? I can't stop watching it with the speakers turned all the way up. It's just a matter of time before the neighbors put in a noise complaint. Now if only he can upload 'The Great Destroyer,' then I'd be getting a knock on my door for sure!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Now if only he can upload 'The Great Destroyer,' then I'd be getting a knock on my door for sure!
    I've pretty much given up on a 2013-14 tour BRD/DVD release, but damn it I need a proper release of TGD in 5.1 to give the subwoofer a good workout.